Trump Bandies About Anti-Semitic Tropes In Interview With Israeli Reporter

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

It seems the trump Nazis’ wannabe führer has branched out with his racism.

With his comments regarding American Jews, trump has taken another step in his emulation of Adolf Hitler.

Sara Boboltz
Fri, December 17, 2021, 5:40 PM¡3 min read
In this article:

Donald Trump
Donald Trump
45th President of the United States

Fred Trump
German-American real estate developer; First father
Former President Donald Trump made a jaw-dropping series of anti-Semitic claims about Jewish Americans controlling institutions of government and media in a new interview where he said evangelical Americans “love Israel more than the Jews in this country.”

“It used to be Israel had absolute power over Congress, and today I think it’s the exact opposite,” he said.

Trump had been speaking to Barak Ravid, an Israeli journalist for Axios who wrote a book on Trump’s Middle Eastern policies. Ravid discussed his conversation with the former president on a podcast called “Unholy: Two Jews on the News,” which aired a clip of the interview Friday.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Trump started speaking first about his father, saying Fred Trump “was very close with many Jewish people” due to his work in the New York City real estate industry. He then suggested that American Jews used to have “a great love of Israel” and that this has “dissipated over the years.”

With his comments regarding American Jews, trump has taken another step in his emulation of Adolf Hitler.

So let’s get this straight, President Trump pointing out that the idiots at NY Times hate Israel makes him “anti-Semitic”?

You are really reaching a new level of stupidity and desperation.

“I must be honest. It’s a very dangerous thing that’s happening,” Trump said. “People in this country that are Jewish no longer love Israel.”

He went on: “I’ll tell you, the evangelical Christians love Israel more than the Jews in this country.”

“It used to be Israel had absolute power over Congress,” Trump said. “And today I think it’s the exact opposite. And I think Obama and Biden did that. And yet in the election, they still get a lot of votes from Jewish people, which tells you that the Jewish people ― and I’ve said this for a long time ― the Jewish people in the United States either don’t like Israel or don’t care about Israel.”

Many evangelicals support Israel because they believe it is central to a Biblical prophecy foretelling the apocalypse, which they welcome in the belief it will reunite them with Christ.

However, Trump’s comments echo claims made in 2019, when, as president, he said Jews who vote for Democrats show “great disloyalty” to Israel. He earned criticism at the time from a Jewish advocacy group that said it was “a form of anti-Semitism” to suggest that Jewish Americans are not full Americans.

The idea that Jewish people supposedly control global politics and culture at the expense of non-Jews is a common, centuries-old anti-Semitic trope.

But Trump was not done.

“I mean, you look at The New York Times ― The New York Times hates Israel. Hates ’em. And they’re Jewish people that run The New York Times. I mean, the Sulzbergers,” Trump said. (Arthur Ochs Sulzberger Jr. was the longtime chairman of The New York Times Company; he was succeeded by his son, A.G. Sulzberger. They have Jewish ancestry but, according to the Times of Israel, some descendants were raised Protestant.)

“Unholy” host Jonathan Freedland said Trump’s comments were rife with “classic anti-Semitic tropes” and “a whole lot of negative stereotypes about Jews.”

“This is the guy who, after white supremacists went on the march in Charlottesville, said there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’” Freedland said.

Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt summed it up neatly, saying on CNN Trump’s comments “fall somewhere between stunning and stupid.”

“I must be honest. It’s a very dangerous thing that’s happening,” Trump said. “People in this country that are Jewish no longer love Israel.”

He went on: “I’ll tell you, the evangelical Christians love Israel more than the Jews in this country.”

“It used to be Israel had absolute power over Congress,” Trump said. “And today I think it’s the exact opposite. And I think Obama and Biden did that. And yet in the election, they still get a lot of votes from Jewish people, which tells you that the Jewish people ― and I’ve said this for a long time ― the Jewish people in the United States either don’t like Israel or don’t care about Israel.”

Many evangelicals support Israel because they believe it is central to a Biblical prophecy foretelling the apocalypse, which they welcome in the belief it will reunite them with Christ.

However, Trump’s comments echo claims made in 2019, when, as president, he said Jews who vote for Democrats show “great disloyalty” to Israel. He earned criticism at the time from a Jewish advocacy group that said it was “a form of anti-Semitism” to suggest that Jewish Americans are not full Americans.

The idea that Jewish people supposedly control global politics and culture at the expense of non-Jews is a common, centuries-old anti-Semitic trope.

But Trump was not done.

“I mean, you look at The New York Times ― The New York Times hates Israel. Hates ’em. And they’re Jewish people that run The New York Times. I mean, the Sulzbergers,” Trump said. (Arthur Ochs Sulzberger Jr. was the longtime chairman of The New York Times Company; he was succeeded by his son, A.G. Sulzberger. They have Jewish ancestry but, according to the Times of Israel, some descendants were raised Protestant.)

“Unholy” host Jonathan Freedland said Trump’s comments were rife with “classic anti-Semitic tropes” and “a whole lot of negative stereotypes about Jews.”

“This is the guy who, after white supremacists went on the march in Charlottesville, said there were ‘very fine people on both sides,’” Freedland said.

Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt summed it up neatly, saying on CNN Trump’s comments “fall somewhere between stunning and stupid.”
The trump Nazis expect their wannabe fĂźhrer to return to the White House shortly after next year's Mid-terms.

With this new attack on Jewish-Americans, as happened after trump's blaming Asian-Americans for COVID-19, Jewish in this country can look forward to physical assaults by trump Nazis inspired by his racist comments.

The trump Nazis expect their wannabe fĂźhrer to return to the White House shortly after next year's Mid-terms.

With this new attack on Jewish-Americans, as happened after trump's blaming Asian-Americans for COVID-19, Jewish in this country can look forward to physical assaults by trump Nazis inspired by his racist comments.

Trump is bad news.. He NEVER knows when to shut up.

But Trump was not done.

^^^^^ so true----Trump has a great talent
for shoving his foot into his mouth----an unfortunate
handicap that leads to misunderstanding

Pssst... hear that? TICK, TOCK...

Literally not one thing in there was anti semetic. What a dishonest thread.

Jews have been getting beaten horribly in the streets recently, but it isnt at the hands of Nazis or Trump supporters. Jews having nothing to fear from Nazis in 2021, but they sure as fuck better watch their back in democrat cities.

Trump is expressing himself..He is telling you who he is.. Believe him.
What thing did he say in that article that was either racist or untrue? You have no case. Youre just a bum with fake outrage.

What thing did he say in that article that was either racist or untrue? You have no case. Youre just a bum with fake outrage.
Trump has a real problem in verbal expression---
which is a vulnerability that nasty bastards exploit

Trump has a real problem in verbal expression---
which is a vulnerability that nasty bastards exploit
His verbal expression is also tremendously funny and entertaining. Its what got him elected. When you speak off the cuff without scripted political talking points, youre bound to make some mistakes.

But Trump was not done.

Standard hack job. Quote the President then spin it and lie about what he said.

Every one of those statements in the article is true and there is nothing anti-semetic about any of them. The opposite, actually.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back