Trump attorney sends Bannon a "cease & desist" letter

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Being reported by Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC. Apparently ABC is the source.

Lawyers on behalf of President Donald Trump sent a letter Wednesday night to former White House Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon demanding he refrain from making disparaging comments against the president and his family.

The letter, comes after excerpts from a forthcoming book by journalist Michael Wolff were made public Wednesday, causing a stir.

Trump attorney Charles Harder said in a statement, "This law firm represents President Donald J. Trump and Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. On behalf of our clients, legal notice was issued today to Stephen K. Bannon, that his actions of communicating with author Michael Wolff regarding an upcoming book give rise to numerous legal claims including defamation by libel and slander, and breach of his written confidentiality and non-disparagement agreement with our clients. Legal action is imminent."

In the letter to Bannon, Harder, writes, “You [Bannon] have breached the Agreement by, among other things, communicating with author Michael Wolff about Mr. Trump, his family members, and the Company [the campaign], disclosing Confidential Information to Mr. Wolff, and making disparaging statements and in some cases outright defamatory statements to Mr. Wolff about Mr. Trump, his family members.”

In the letter, Trump’s attorney says that “remedies for your breach of the agreement include but are not limited to monetary damages” though no dollar amount is disclosed.

Bannon has not responded to ABC News' request for comment.

More: Trump attorney sends Bannon cease and desist letter over 'disparaging' comments

Well, since the horse is already out of the barn - it seems a little late to close the barn door. Although Trump's lawyers may be able to shut Bannon up - they can't stop the book.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry.

I say, take it to court. Publicly discuss everything.

Lawyers on behalf of President Donald Trump sent a letter Wednesday night to former White House Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon demanding he refrain from making disparaging comments against the president and his family.

The letter, comes after excerpts from a forthcoming book by journalist Michael Wolff were made public Wednesday, causing a stir.

Trump attorney Charles Harder said in a statement, "This law firm represents President Donald J. Trump and Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. On behalf of our clients, legal notice was issued today to Stephen K. Bannon, that his actions of communicating with author Michael Wolff regarding an upcoming book give rise to numerous legal claims including defamation by libel and slander, and breach of his written confidentiality and non-disparagement agreement with our clients. Legal action is imminent."

More: Trump attorney sends Bannon cease and desist letter over 'disparaging' comments
LOL! Don't let a negative word touch Trump's tiny, fragile little ears :laugh:

Kind of like closing the barn door after the horse has gone if you ask me.

Page 255:

Steve Bannon:

They are going to crack Don Jr. like an egg on National TV.

Ep9oS4X.gif

After all the damage Trump and his ilk have caused this country, this is so deserving.

I told you guys, Bannon is playing with fire and a lawsuit would only be the beginning. He should have walked away quietly, he was a leaker and he should know first hand that Trump and his base is not going to turn on Trump. Furthermore, these exposes work both ways...remember those last words.

He had a job, he overplayed his hand and he was released. If he is this committed to whatever his cause is, so be it, God bless him for standing his ground, I subscribe to that belief system myself. if this is to try and derail Trump, don't do it, this isn't the hand you bite, he gave you a great opportunity and great exposure, just move along quietly.

Oh, and in November Bannon himself said the Russian issue is a farce, so he is potentially breaking the law with his comment attributed to him in the book if he is associating his kids as the Russian go-between.

Trump attorney sends Bannon cease and desist letter over 'disparaging' comments

I told you guys, Bannon is playing with fire and a lawsuit would only be the beginning. He should have walked away quietly, he was a leaker and he should know first hand that Trump and his base is not going to turn on Trump. Furthermore, these exposes work both ways...remember those last words.

He had a job, he overplayed his hand and he was released. If he is this committed to whatever his cause is, so be it, God bless him for standing his ground, I subscribe to that belief system myself. if this is to try and derail Trump, don't do it, this isn't the hand you bite, he gave you a great opportunity and great exposure, just move along quietly.

He hasn't said anything. All we know is a book claimed he said it! :rofl:

Go Bannon! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Go Bannon! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He is using an old Commie trick that Trump won't fall for, nor his lawyers. Someone will be paying the Piper if he pursues this line of attack, you can bet on it.

He has also opened himself up to being sequestered in front of the government to answer questions regarding his claim, as the Dems are excited about such comments in their efforts to try and overturn the election results. Stay tuned.

He is using an old Commie trick that Trump won't fall for, nor his lawyers. Someone will be paying the Piper if he pursues this line of attack, you can bet on it.

He has also opened himself up to being sequestered in front of the government to answer questions regarding his claim, as the Dems are excited about such comments in their efforts to try and overturn the election results. Stay tuned.
^ :cuckoo:

The author is a lying POS....you all will see...

If he is, then Bannon should be suing him for slander, and should have publicly had spoken out against the comments.

Something tells me he said all these things, and those inside will know if he did or not based on some of the details. If someone attributed all of this to you, wouldn't you sue him asap, get a judgement and potentially a massive portion of the proceeds of the book? Hell, he might even be able to have the entire book release delayed indefinitely, pending a ruling, especially since it could be argued that any lies might be classified, or if there was some truth, might be classified, who knows?

The leaks stopped when certain people were no longer working there. Bannon knows that Trump getting the lawyer is nothing more than a shot across the bow, the real issue will be that this took on WAY too much focus and now his life will become an open book, plenty profiting by exposing it.

As I said, you have to have some hutzpah to go after Trump when you haven't been wronged. This is not the hill one should look to fight on.

Mandatory reading...

51AEI3isFiL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Did you hear conservative Nicole Wallace? She said a terrible administration usually moves the chairs around to look like they are doing something. Then she said this was the first administration where, instead, they eat each other.

She said Trump is known for being only semi literate. That he would take a briefing for as long as he could and then walk out without taking a single note.

Steve Schmitt said this book is a validation of the fact Trump is ignorant. And our political class has a lack of imagination of the magnitude of the damage this administration is causing.

Well DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you tune in to Trump for a minute a day, you know exactly who he is. And it's embarrassing to put it mildly. Makes you wonder about his followers. How do such people function?

what he wrote was about the presidency and not the campaign confidential stuff, a lawsuit would be dismissed....

and the president is now a public figure and can not sue others for libel or defamation...

the whole lawyer letter has no legs, merely some kind of publicity stunt

Forum List

Back