Tried a couple new things this weekend

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
1. grilled bacon
I had some bacon that was close to expiration and last night i was grilling pork chops. Threw them on the grill just to get rid of them and i am GLAD i did!
2. spaghetti squash
Used it for spaghetti noodles. It wasnt that good. The squash was fine it just didnt go well with that tomato sauce.
I will be using it again for other things. Thinking about like some sort of garlic butter sauce and chicken or shrimp. Or scoop some of the squash out and fill it with like some spicy chicken, onions and peppers or something like that.
The shell is heavy duty enough to act like a bowl lol

1. grilled bacon
I had some bacon that was close to expiration and last night i was grilling pork chops. Threw them on the grill just to get rid of them and i am GLAD i did!
2. spaghetti squash
Used it for spaghetti noodles. It wasnt that good. The squash was fine it just didnt go well with that tomato sauce.
I will be using it again for other things. Thinking about like some sort of garlic butter sauce and chicken or shrimp. Or scoop some of the squash out and fill it with like some spicy chicken, onions and peppers or something like that.

If you got garlic butter, git chew some scallops. Braise 'em and sprinkle with paprika.

Then send 'em to my house. :deal:

1. grilled bacon
2. spaghetti squash

If you got garlic butter, git chew some scallops. Braise 'em and sprinkle with paprika.

Then send 'em to my house. :deal:
I looooove scallops!

I love spaghetti squash. Pretty delicate flavor; I just like it with butter, s&p.

I love spaghetti squash. Pretty delicate flavor; I just like it with butter, s&p.
I am still excited about trying with other flavors
The boys couldnt eat it. They ended up eating leftover bbq beans from the night before LOL
Mmmmm bbq beans

The Wifes big on spaghetti squash.
Me? Not so much.
How does she like it?

With butter,white wine,garlic,a bit of heavy cream some Scallions and Parmesan.
I make it for her and make some regular pasta for myself.
Gah that sounds good!

Super simple as well.
Bring the butter to temp,toss in the scallions cook until translucent,then the garlic,cook on medium heat for around 3 minutes then add the wine to deglaze.
Throw in the heavy cream and parmesan at the very end to thicken.

1. grilled bacon
2. spaghetti squash

HAha...Spag. Squash does not go well with a tomato sauce.
Roast in in the oven, spoon out and mix with salt/pepper, take a little butter and brown some onions and garlic and mix it all up. Delicious.
Try roasted acorn squash. It is absolutely the most nutritious and healthy squash hands down. Taste sort of like butternut squash..but a little nuttier.

Forum List

Back