Trevor Noah slammed for suggesting Israel not defend itself: 'You're downplaying the trauma of millions'

I never found this guy to be funny, nor well balanced in his political views. Now he just appears to be an idiot. If a nation is taking hundreds of rockets from a foreign terror group or military, does he expect them to be silent? Do their citizen expect them to stand down?

Imagine if Canadians started firing rockets into the U.S, possibly out of anger for stealing Celine Dion, maybe rockets directed at Noahs house, as an example. When the U.S retaliates in kind, Canadian officials yell at them to stop because "you know you are tougher than us, just take the rockets for a little while since you are big and tough. We just want Noahs house anyways".

I am not suggesting Israel harm innocent people or escalate to a full scale invasion with all of their firepower, I am fully against civilian casualties. Nobody should be surprised about a response though.

I'm not even sure how to translate his statement in a manner that sounds reasonable. Did someone tell him to say that or is he really this obtuse?

Left-wing comedian Trevor Noah was the focus of intense criticism this week following a segment on his Wednesday show in which he criticized Israel's handling of the ongoing conflict with Hamas.

During the segment, Noah compared the conflict between Israel and the terrorist organization to a fight between him and his little brothers, suggesting that because Israel was more powerful, it shouldn't fight back when attacked by Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist group in control of the Gaza Strip.

"If you were in a fight where the other person cannot beat you, how hard should you retaliate when they try to hurt you?" Noah said, before giving the analogy using him and his brothers as examples.

Israel is orchestrating another land grab.. They will just kill those who resist,

I never found this guy to be funny, nor well balanced in his political views. Now he just appears to be an idiot. If a nation is taking hundreds of rockets from a foreign terror group or military, does he expect them to be silent? Do their citizen expect them to stand down?

Imagine if Canadians started firing rockets into the U.S, possibly out of anger for stealing Celine Dion, maybe rockets directed at Noahs house, as an example. When the U.S retaliates in kind, Canadian officials yell at them to stop because "you know you are tougher than us, just take the rockets for a little while since you are big and tough. We just want Noahs house anyways".

I am not suggesting Israel harm innocent people or escalate to a full scale invasion with all of their firepower, I am fully against civilian casualties. Nobody should be surprised about a response though.

I'm not even sure how to translate his statement in a manner that sounds reasonable. Did someone tell him to say that or is he really this obtuse?

Left-wing comedian Trevor Noah was the focus of intense criticism this week following a segment on his Wednesday show in which he criticized Israel's handling of the ongoing conflict with Hamas.

During the segment, Noah compared the conflict between Israel and the terrorist organization to a fight between him and his little brothers, suggesting that because Israel was more powerful, it shouldn't fight back when attacked by Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist group in control of the Gaza Strip.

"If you were in a fight where the other person cannot beat you, how hard should you retaliate when they try to hurt you?" Noah said, before giving the analogy using him and his brothers as examples.

Israel is orchestrating another land grab.. They will just kill those who resist,
There will be peace in the Middle East whenever Muslims decide there should be.

Got to love affirmative action and how talentless hacks can rise so far

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...b35f2e-b424-11eb-a980-a60af976ed44_story.html

Or once they become extinct. Same thing.

Isreal defends itself by the US military. (See all Neocon intervention for the past 20 years in the area for example). These roadside skirmishes with the native population there are nothing, although it exposes Israelian military as douchebag bullies. So comforting a racist, Kabbalistic regime has nukes stolen from Pennsylvania.

The end game here is that religious zealots want to destroy the Haram al Sharif and rebuild the temple.

On Monday, an apocalyptic video from Jerusalem began to circulate on social media. In the background, it showed a large fire raging on the site Muslims call al-Aqsa or al-Haram al-Sharif, and Jews call the Temple Mount. A tree was ablaze next to al-Aqsa mosque (some blamed Israeli police stun grenades, others blamed Palestinians shooting fireworks, perhaps aiming at Jewish worshippers).

Below, the large plaza of the Western Wall was full with young Jewish Israelis, identified with the religious Zionist right, celebrating “Jerusalem Day” (marking the occupation of East Jerusalem in 1967). They were cheering at the sight of the fire, singing an anthem of vengeance popular in extreme-right circles. The lyrics are the words of Samson, just before he pulled down the pillars of the Temple in Gaza: “O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!” The Israeli teenagers, visibly ecstatic, jumped up and down and shouted: “May their name be effaced!”

This is not the first time that the holy sites have been ground zero for a major violent escalation in the conflict, and it is therefore tempting to interpret this vengeful frenzy as merely the latest eruption of an atavistic devotion to ancient stones, one bound to spiral out of control. But this is a misleading story: the political significance of these places – and their very meaning – has changed dramatically over the past century, particularly for Jewish Israelis.

continued

Thr Jews didn't worship at the Western wall until the 16th century.

Who cares what this unfunny south african comic says?

The end game here is that religious zealots want to destroy the Haram al Sharif and rebuild the temple.
Oh, you mean the temple under the Haram al Sharif?

How dare the Jews build their religious sites under Muslim ones!!

On Monday, an apocalyptic video from Jerusalem began to circulate on social media. In the background, it showed a large fire raging on the site Muslims call al-Aqsa or al-Haram al-Sharif, and Jews call the Temple Mount. A tree was ablaze next to al-Aqsa mosque (some blamed Israeli police stun grenades, others blamed Palestinians shooting fireworks, perhaps aiming at Jewish worshippers).

Below, the large plaza of the Western Wall was full with young Jewish Israelis, identified with the religious Zionist right, celebrating “Jerusalem Day” (marking the occupation of East Jerusalem in 1967). They were cheering at the sight of the fire, singing an anthem of vengeance popular in extreme-right circles. The lyrics are the words of Samson, just before he pulled down the pillars of the Temple in Gaza: “O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!” The Israeli teenagers, visibly ecstatic, jumped up and down and shouted: “May their name be effaced!”

This is not the first time that the holy sites have been ground zero for a major violent escalation in the conflict, and it is therefore tempting to interpret this vengeful frenzy as merely the latest eruption of an atavistic devotion to ancient stones, one bound to spiral out of control. But this is a misleading story: the political significance of these places – and their very meaning – has changed dramatically over the past century, particularly for Jewish Israelis.

continued

Thr Jews didn't worship at the Western wall until the 16th century.
That's incorrect.

Jewish reverence for the Temple Mount (Har HaBayit) long predates the building of the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque in the 7th century CE, and even predates the construction of the first Jewish Temple (Beit HaMikdash) by King Solomon almost 2000 years earlier in 954 BCE and which was destroyed in 587 BCE.

The Beit HaMikdash was built, according to Jewish tradition, on the Even Hashtiya, the foundation stone upon which the world was created. This is considered the epicenter of Judaism, where the Divine Presence (Shechina) rests, where the biblical Isaac was brought for sacrifice, where the Holy of Holies and Ark of the Covenant housing the Ten Commandments once stood, and where the Temple was again rebuilt in 515 BCE before being destroyed by the Romans in 70 CE. The Temple Mount is also known as Mount Moriah (Har HaMoriah), mentioned frequently in the Torah.

Jerusalem, Judaism’s holiest city, is mentioned hundreds times in the Tanakh. It was the capital city of ancient Israeli kingdoms and home to Judaism’s holiest Temple. Jews from all over the ancient world would make pilgrimages to the Beit HaMikdash three times a year to participate in worship and festivities, as commanded in the Torah. Jerusalem and the Beit HaMikdash have remained the focus of Jewish longing, aspiration, and prayers. Daily prayers (said while facing Jerusalem and the Temple Mount) and grace after meals include multiple supplications for the restoration of Jerusalem and the Beit HaMikdash. Jews still maintain the 9th day of the Hebrew month of Av, the date on which both the First and Second Temples were destroyed, as a day of mourning. The Jewish wedding ceremony concludes with the chanting of the biblical phrase, “If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget its cunning,” and the breaking of a glass by the groom to commemorate the destruction of the Temples. And Yom Kippur services and the Passover Seder conclude each year with the phrase “Next Year in Jerusalem.”

The Western Wall (Kotel Hama’aravi, known simply as the Wall or Kotel) is the remnant of the outer retaining wall built by Herod to level the ground and expand the area housing the Second Jewish Temple. Its holiness derives from its proximity to the Temple site and specifically its proximity to the Western Wall of the Temple’s Holy of Holies (Kodesh Hakodashim—the inner sanctuary that housed the Ark of the Covenant–Aron HaBrit–and where the High Priest–Kohen Gadol— alone was permitted to enter on Yom Kippur). According to Midrashic sources, the Divine Presence never departed from the Western wall of the Temple’s Holy of Holies.

For the last several hundred years, Jews have prayed at Herod’s Western Wall because it was the closest accessible place to Judaism’s holiest site. According to Jewish tradition, the third and final Temple will be rebuilt with the coming of the Messiah.

There is a controversy among Orthodox rabbis regarding the permissibility of entering the Temple Mount compound. Many prohibit entering the compound because of the risk that someone ritually unpure might tread on the site of the Holy of Holies whose precise location is not known. Others permit entering the Temple Mount, saying they have determined where one can stand without touching holy soil. This area includes Herod’s expansion of the Temple, such as Solomon’s Stables, and the strip behind the Western Wall.

2) The Temple Mount as an Islamic Holy Site​

Jerusalem assumed significance as an Islamic holy site during the rule of the Umayyads (661-750 CE). Facing challenge to his power from Ibn al-Zubayr, a rebel who controlled Mecca, the Syrian-based Caliph Abd al-Malik sought to consolidate his leadership by establishing a place of worship for his followers in Jerusalem in place of Mecca. He built the Dome of the Rock (Masjid Qubbat As-Sakhrah) in 688-91 CE on the spot where the Jewish Temples had stood.

Leftists hate Jews.

Wrong.
Jews are mostly leftists, I am Jewish, I am a leftist, and you are uninformed.
Israel is anti-Jewish, because Jews are supposed to be in atonement for the sins of arrogance and pride.
We are not supposed to even go to the Mideast, much less try to create Zion on earth.
We are supposed to wait for the Messiah.
Zionism is a total corruption.
GOOD! When the old hate comes full bloom in the U.S., I hope they spit in your face when you ask to make Aliyah.

Forum List

Back