Treasurer accused of stealing $410,000 from charity for families of slain NYPD officers

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Treasurer accused of stealing $410,000 from charity for families of fallen NYPD officers, prosecutors say

Treasurer accused of stealing $410,000 from charity for families of slain NYPD officers

The treasurer of a charity that benefits the families of New York Police Department officers who are killed in the line of duty was charged Thursday with stealing more than $410,000 from the fund.

Lorraine Shanley, 68, was charged by federal prosecutors in New York with bank fraud and aggravated identity theft. She will appear Thursday in court after prosecutors said she was stealing more than 20 percent of donations to the charity between 2010 to 2017 at least.

The scheme was uncovered when a new volunteer joined the organization and reviewed the charity’s tax returns and records.

Shanley faces a maximum of 30 years in prison with two years of mandatory prison charge for the aggravated identity theft charge alone.

-------------------

Oh wow, the scheme was discovered through TAX RETURNS?

Really?

Hmmm, now where have I heard about similar crimes?

Anyone?

Trump Foundation and the Use of Nonprofits as Slush Funds

Think the Trump Foundation case is over? Think again

Trump Family Ran ‘Persistently Illegal’ Charity, New York A.G. Says in Blockbuster Lawsuit

Oh wow, you think Trump..............naw. He couldn't have. The oh so religious white wing with all it's morals and values would never let that happen............or.........would they?

D10IZD4WoAUl0zz.jpg

D2W36rpXcAEzVma.jpg

LORRAINE SHANLEY (MPI/CONSULTANT), (Zip code: 10707) $250 to FRIENDS OF SCHUMER (SCHUMER, CHARLES E) on 06/26/2016

Read more: Tuckahoe, New York (NY) Political Contributions by Individuals - Donations to Congress, local, or national races, Republican or Democrat and other candidates

For instance, she wrote at least $45,000 in checks that were payable to family members or deposited into Shanley's own accounts, prosecutors said. She also spent about $29,000 on her grandchild's private school tuition, about $32,000 on dental expenses, about $25,000 on landscaping and more than $8,000 on event tickets, including those for Streisand's concert, prosecutors say.

Shanley also used about $63,000 for legal fees and other costs related to criminal charges against her son, prosecutors said. Her son, Thomas Shanley, pleaded guilty to homicide and leaving the scene in 2016 after he was accused of hitting and killing a pedestrian with his SUV two years before, according to news reports.
Streisand Fan Stole From Cop Charity To Buy Babs Tix, Feds Say
Shanley Lorraine: Democrat
Treasurer accused of stealing $410,000 from charity for families of fallen NYPD officers, prosecutors say

The treasurer of a charity that benefits the families of New York Police Department officers who are killed in the line of duty was charged Thursday with stealing more than $410,000 from the fund.

Lorraine Shanley, 68, was charged by federal prosecutors in New York with bank fraud and aggravated identity theft. She will appear Thursday in court after prosecutors said she was stealing more than 20 percent of donations to the charity between 2010 to 2017 at least.

The scheme was uncovered when a new volunteer joined the organization and reviewed the charity’s tax returns and records.

Shanley faces a maximum of 30 years in prison with two years of mandatory prison charge for the aggravated identity theft charge alone.

-------------------

Really?

Anyone?

Trump Family Ran ‘Persistently Illegal’ Charity, New York A.G. Says in Blockbuster Lawsuit

Oh wow, you think Trump..............naw. He couldn't have. The oh so religious white wing with all it's morals and values would never let that happen............or.........would they?

D10IZD4WoAUl0zz.jpg

D2W36rpXcAEzVma.jpg

Every day is like a year to you now dean. Life after “we got him now!”...what to do what to do.

80DD4284-67AB-44E4-A063-77E84B4D1090.jpeg

• Banned
LORRAINE SHANLEY (MPI/CONSULTANT), (Zip code: 10707) $250 to FRIENDS OF SCHUMER (SCHUMER, CHARLES E) on 06/26/2016

Read more: Tuckahoe, New York (NY) Political Contributions by Individuals - Donations to Congress, local, or national races, Republican or Democrat and other candidates

For instance, she wrote at least $45,000 in checks that were payable to family members or deposited into Shanley's own accounts, prosecutors said. She also spent about $29,000 on her grandchild's private school tuition, about $32,000 on dental expenses, about $25,000 on landscaping and more than $8,000 on event tickets, including those for Streisand's concert, prosecutors say.

Shanley also used about $63,000 for legal fees and other costs related to criminal charges against her son, prosecutors said. Her son, Thomas Shanley, pleaded guilty to homicide and leaving the scene in 2016 after he was accused of hitting and killing a pedestrian with his SUV two years before, according to news reports.

-------------------

Really?

Anyone?

D10IZD4WoAUl0zz.jpg

D2W36rpXcAEzVma.jpg
I'm confused. If it's wrong for Democrats it should be wrong for Republicans too?

Is that what you are saying?

Trump spent $60,000 in foundation money to buy vanity portrait, Michael Cohen reveals in testimony

This billionaire reportedly paid $60K for a portrait of Trump. He was allegedly reimbursed by Trump's charity

I feel it's wrong for anyone to commit this kind of theft from a charity. No matter who they are.

But Republicans feel it's OK if Trump does it?

• Banned
Every day is like a year to you now dean. Life after “we got him now!”...what to do what to do.

View attachment 251830
I'm not sure what your point is. Theft is good? Not to me.

Trump campaign admits it did not raise $6 million for veterans

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

I guess if he needed the money, Republicans feel this is OK:

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

Trump Foundations Shifted Funds to Trump Business Organization

I could never be a Republican. While I am white, I don't agree with their money policies.

View attachment 251830
I'm not sure what your point is. Theft is good? Not to me.

Trump campaign admits it did not raise $6 million for veterans

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

I guess if he needed the money, Republicans feel this is OK:

How Donald Trump Shifted Kids-Cancer Charity Money Into His Business

Trump Foundations Shifted Funds to Trump Business Organization

I could never be a Republican. While I am white, I don't agree with their money policies.

That’s not unusual for government dependents.

Bull. And it was $10 grand paid for the portrait, which was reimbursed.
The Trump Foundation did not handle things according to NY law, but even reading the suit, it was obvious they weren’t trying to scam anyone. They were very neglectful, in not having separate staff, but funds from the foundation were disbursed to vets organizations and the Fisher Foundation, etc, all worthy causes. Due to his lack of separation, he then made donations to the foundation, to increase the foundation funds for the disbursed amounts. Simply because he, as director directed the foundation give funds to charitable 501c3’s, rather than sit with his other board members, which were family, to make the decision, the NYC attorney decided to charge him for malfeasance.
He was neglectful. He also separately made additional personal donations to the foundation in the amounts the foundation made to the charitable organizations, when it was brought to their attention. Thus the foundations funds only grew, when in essence the contributions were good contributions, just not handled properly, as to who was involved in the decisions, and who wrote the checks. There has never been a charge that those organizations were not proper to receive the contributions.

-------------------

Really?

Anyone?

D10IZD4WoAUl0zz.jpg

D2W36rpXcAEzVma.jpg
I'm confused. If it's wrong for Democrats it should be wrong for Republicans too?

Is that what you are saying?

Trump spent $60,000 in foundation money to buy vanity portrait, Michael Cohen reveals in testimony

This billionaire reportedly paid $60K for a portrait of Trump. He was allegedly reimbursed by Trump's charity

I feel it's wrong for anyone to commit this kind of theft from a charity. No matter who they are.

But Republicans feel it's OK if Trump does it?

Forum List

Back