Trayvon Martin's parents settle for $1M or more

" by saying the life of their child is worth less than money."

I don't know where you are getting that from. Can you explain how they are even implying that? You think the $1M+ is going to bring Trayvon back?

What part of "It was all about the money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard" do you not understand?
What part of "fuck the money, I want that fucker hung from a tree" is it that you don't understand?

If I truly thought that My son was murdered, no amount of money would be acceptable, and no plea bargain would be either.

Fuck but you're stupid.

Last edited:
I don't know where you are getting that from. Can you explain how they are even implying that? You think the $1M+ is going to bring Trayvon back?

What part of "It was all about the money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard" do you not understand?
What part of "fuck the money, I want that fucker hung from a tree" is it that you don't understand?

If I truly thought that My son was murdered, no amount of money would be acceptable, and no plea bargain would be either.

Fuck but you're stupid.

yeah a million dollars is pretty cheap

considering the lawyer will get at least 1/2 of it

right off the top

it is crump who is the real winner so far

How do you put a price tag on someone's life...
Why $1 million and not $2 million...
How do you spend the money?...buying a bigger and better house,a new car,have some parties.
I understand it's a form of punishment but I would not enjoy that money.
Maybe they should donate it to some organization that will benefit from their generosity.

How do you put a price tag on someone's life...
Why $1 million and not $2 million...
How do you spend the money?...buying a bigger and better house,a new car,have some parties.
I understand it's a form of punishment but I would not enjoy that money.
Maybe they should donate it to some organization that will benefit from their generosity.

that is a hard question how do you put a price on the life of a loved one

not sure this was a form of punishment

it came from insurance the association had

Well it's punitive.Sends a message.The associations rates went up I'm sure.
If it's not a penalty then why bother doing it?

Well it's punitive.Sends a message.The associations rates went up I'm sure.
If it's not a penalty then why bother doing it?

it wasnt punitive

that would be awarded by a judge or jury

for compensation above normal damages

this was simply a limit set by an insurance policy

this may or may not cause a modification to the premium

that would be dependent on past history and potential

for future claims by past incidents

this was a an easy way for the problem

to "go away"

Looks like Trayvon's parents and Zimmerman's associates are finally talking the same language: money.

------------------------------------------------

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim | Fox News

Travyon Martin's parents settle wrongful death claim

Published April 05, 2013
FoxNews.com

Trayvon Martin's parents have settled a wrongful death claim for an amount believed to be more than $1 million against a Florida homeowners association where their teen son was killed, Fox News confirms.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman says he fired in self defense after the 17-year-old attacked him.

In paperwork made public, both parties specified that they would keep the settlement amount confidential, The Orlando Sentinel reported.

Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O’Mara said the teen’s parents tried to settle through mediation and the association had offered $1 million, but they had reportedly rejected this amount, OrlandoSentinel.com reported.

“It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties,” the settlement said.

Who would have thought a useless gangbanger thug could make that kind of bank for his Moms? His momma must be so proud, this is the only way lil' Trayvon could ever have earned this much.

They should have had to pay the Zimmermans for a box of ammo.

It was all about money with those assholes. If they gave a shit about that little bastard they would have raised him to be something more that a doper thug.

" by saying the life of their child is worth less than money."

Apparently it eases the pain nicely.

Forum List

Back