Transform Gender = Less Violence?

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
If boys are just less manly they won't rape girls appears to be the theory that drives this 18 hour class to teach through interactive art, role play, and other nifty group whatnot how to transform sexual attitudes or something.

Federal Study Seeks ‘Gender Norms Change’

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is spending nearly $1 million on a study that seeks to change gender norms to prevent sexual assault, teaching young men to resist “rigid masculinity.”

The project seeks to produce “healthy masculinities"

If I can make a suggestion: if you actually punish rapists there'd be less rape too. As it stands only about 2% of rapists ever do a day in prison.

Jailed-rapists%20December%202014.jpg

Reporting Rates | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

If I can make a suggestion: if you actually punish rapists there'd be less rape too. As it stands only about 2% of rapists ever do a day in prison.

Looks like a bigger problem is the 68 that don't report being raped.

Various reasons for that. 2% imprisonment, public shame or embarassment, family retribution (in certain cultures...) etc. Can't say I blame them. If you know there;s no witnesses and it's gonna be a he said/she said accusation there's not a lot of incentive to go through that hell. Extrajudicial options exist. Is always someone who has a baseball bat...:)

How do they know the true number of rapes if so few are reported ? How do they quantify the unknown in the above numbers?

Fair question. I'd assume when victims seek counselling or medical services reporting they'd been raped but hadn't reported to police.

Forum List

Back