Traitor?

5 Gitmo Terrorists Arrive in Qatar “With No Sign They Are – Under Custody”
The Gateway Pundit ^

The five Guantanamo detainees released by the Obama administration in exchange for America’s last prisoner of war arrived in Qatar today. As Brian Ross reported on ABC: “The terror group is calling their release a major victory. New video posted this morning on an Afghan news website shows the five former detainees arriving in Qatar with no sign they are under any sort of custody or guard.… They received a hero’s welcome.”

There was nothing stating they had to be in custody the condition was they cant leave Qatar for one year.:cuckoo:

Who pays the price if one of Obama's five kills another American?

According to two men that served with Bergdahl, he was a collaborator. They knew him.

Robert Bergdahl communicated with the taliban leader and referred to his son as a guest in that leaders home.

There is something very wrong here.

CaféAuLait;9199607 said:
The Obama administration circumvented the 30 day notice, explaining that the opportunity presented itself, and the CIC cannot be expected not to react......

:eusa_whistle:

It makes no sense this is the same trade which was asked for 2 and 3 years ago. Why all of a sudden was it so important now? I am not into conspiracy's but to know these are the same 5 Obama wanted to release in 2011, it makes no sense IMO.

This is an interesting point: Obama wanted to clear out Gitmo, and hasn't been able to do it.

Maybe he's counting on prisoner exchanges to fulfill his campaign promise?

As you say, I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but the possibility that the administration was so stupid as to exchange Taliban Leaders for a deserter ......:eek:

Here is the history on the Taliban 5. Funny they were to be transferred to Qatar each time their release was suggested. They entire thing smells to high heaven.

Taliban five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know I am going to sound loony but I almost believe SF found Bergdahl and the 5 were just released since this has been planned so many times before and then the story is they were traded.

/crazy theory.

OK, so this doesn't prove Bergdahl deserted but certainly adds to the price we paid to "save" him from his captors:

The deal that got Bowe Bergdahl released in exchange for five high-ranking Taliban detainees doesn't sit right with the family of an Army lieutenant killed in an ambush while searching for the missing sergeant.
"He was killed while looking for this deserter," said Andy Andrews, father of 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews, who died in eastern Afghanistan in September 2009.
"If this guy [Bergdahl] had not gone off post, our son would not have been killed.-

Family of Soldier Slain in Bowe Bergdahl Search Blasts Prisoner Swap - NBC News

Some in his platoon stated he was a deserter. His actions leading up to his leaving his post spoke volumes.

I will trust the guys that served with this traitor any day before I take the word of Chuck Hagel and his bullshit.

He is a traitor and should suffer a traitors fate. PERIOD. End of story.

I agree.

I think it is important to note what members of Bargdahl's platoon had to say about him. According to one link:

“I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s platoon, told CNN. “Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.” Vierkant also said, ““I don’t understand why we’re trading prisoners at Gitmo for somebody who deserted during a time of war, which is an act of treason.”

“He walked off,” said another comrade of Bergdahl’s, former Pfc. Jose Baggett. “He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he’s a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is he was there to protect us and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don’t know why he decided to do that, but we spend so much of our resources and some of those resources were soldiers’ lives.”

6 soldiers killed searching for ?deserter? POW, fueling backlash | New York Post

(Note: According to the above link, “The six men reportedly killed while searching for Bergdahl were identified as Staff Sgt. Clayton Bowen and Pfc. Morris Walker on Aug. 18, 2009; Staff Sgt. Kurt Curtiss on Aug. 26; 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews and Pfc. Matthew Michael Martinek on Sept. 4; and Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey on Sept. 5.” Sadly, most Americans have never heard their names.)

According to another link, Josh Korder, former soldier who served with Bergdahl, stated, “He’s at best a Deserter, and at worst a traitor.” Korder also said, “Any of us would have died for him while he was with us and then for him to just leave us like that, it was a very big betrayal.” According to the link, “Korder also expressed some reservation the military may retaliate against him and other soldiers who signed a nondisclosure agreement to not discuss anything pertaining to Bergdahl and his possible desertion. However, he said he did not believe he could 'continue to go on' if the public considered Bergdahl a hero and did not know the truth.”

Fmr Soldier Who Served With Bergdahl: ?He?s At Best a Deserter, And At Worst a Traitor? | Washington Free Beacon

PS: I wonder why soldiers were made to sign a non-disclosure agreement concerning information about Bergdahl. It certainly couldn't be that Obama didn't want the truth to come out, could it? I seriously doubt that any charges will be brought against Bergdahl as that would make Obama look bad. It will be interesting to see how the media plays this one.

Semper Fi.

Some in his platoon stated he was a deserter. His actions leading up to his leaving his post spoke volumes.

I will trust the guys that served with this traitor any day before I take the word of Chuck Hagel and his bullshit.

He is a traitor and should suffer a traitors fate. PERIOD. End of story.

I agree.

I think it is important to note what members of Bargdahl's platoon had to say about him. According to one link:

“I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s platoon, told CNN. “Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.” Vierkant also said, ““I don’t understand why we’re trading prisoners at Gitmo for somebody who deserted during a time of war, which is an act of treason.”

“He walked off,” said another comrade of Bergdahl’s, former Pfc. Jose Baggett. “He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he’s a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is he was there to protect us and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don’t know why he decided to do that, but we spend so much of our resources and some of those resources were soldiers’ lives.”

6 soldiers killed searching for ?deserter? POW, fueling backlash | New York Post

(Note: According to the above link, “The six men reportedly killed while searching for Bergdahl were identified as Staff Sgt. Clayton Bowen and Pfc. Morris Walker on Aug. 18, 2009; Staff Sgt. Kurt Curtiss on Aug. 26; 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews and Pfc. Matthew Michael Martinek on Sept. 4; and Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey on Sept. 5.” Sadly, most Americans have never heard their names.)

According to another link, Josh Korder, former soldier who served with Bergdahl, stated, “He’s at best a Deserter, and at worst a traitor.” Korder also said, “Any of us would have died for him while he was with us and then for him to just leave us like that, it was a very big betrayal.” According to the link, “Korder also expressed some reservation the military may retaliate against him and other soldiers who signed a nondisclosure agreement to not discuss anything pertaining to Bergdahl and his possible desertion. However, he said he did not believe he could 'continue to go on' if the public considered Bergdahl a hero and did not know the truth.”

Fmr Soldier Who Served With Bergdahl: ?He?s At Best a Deserter, And At Worst a Traitor? | Washington Free Beacon

PS: I wonder why soldiers were made to sign a non-disclosure agreement concerning information about Bergdahl. It certainly couldn't be that Obama didn't want the truth to come out, could it? I seriously doubt that any charges will be brought against Bergdahl as that would make Obama look bad. It will be interesting to see how the media plays this one.

Semper Fi.

The non disclosure agreements were only while Bergdahl was being held. Now that he's free they can say anything they want.

This little message board and liberals aside, there is a rage building across the country. This is going to have far reaching consequences.

More of Bergdahl's unit speak out.

“Two former comrades of U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl have confirmed to MailOnline that their former platoon-mate walked away from his post in Afghanistan on June 30, 2009 with the intention of reneging on his military oath. 'I'm positive that he's a deserter, and that it was all premeditated,' said Gerald Sutton, a 31-year-old Michigan college student who left the military in September 2012 and said he was 'a good friend' of Bergdahl when they were deployed to the Middle East.”

“'He wasn't out on some patrol one day and got captured by the Taliban, and nobody smuggled him off of the base,' explained Cody Full, a 25-year-old former infantryman who spoke with MailOnline from Houston, Texas. Full, too, was in Bergdahl's unit. And he's anguished at the thought that at least six soldiers died on missions to find him in the early, frantic months after he went missing. 'This soldier knew what he was doing,' Full said. 'He left us. He willingly and premeditatedly deserted his comrades. And he put his team, his squad, his platoon, his company, and thousands of other American soldiers in Afghanistan at a very high risk trying to find him.'”

Read more at the following link:

'He should face a court-martial for desertion!': Two former Bowe Bergdahl platoon-mates say he put 'thousands' in danger when he abandoned his Army post | Mail Online

Palin to Obama: 'You Blew It' on POW Exchange, Destroyed Morale

*Breitbart's Big Peace ^

On Monday, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin slammed President Barack Obama for trading five high-level terrorists for an American prisoner of war who reportedly deserted his troops five years ago and caused at least six soldiers to die while searching for him. "You blew it again, Barack Obama," Palin said, slamming Obama for "negotiating away any leverage against the bad guys as these bad guys – Osama Bin Laden's partners in evil crime – joyfully celebrate their 'win' in the deal you sealed." In a post titled, "Commander-in-Chief's Definition of 'Honorable Service' Includes Anti-American Actions While in Uniform; He Just...

Forum List

Back