TOMATO SOS

Larsky

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2016
DuPage County
My tomatoes are just starting to ripen, and the local Squirrels are taking bites out of them. Just enough to ruin them.
An armed response is not feasible, due to too many neighbors.
I'm thinking coyote piss.

Advice, please?

My tomatoes are just starting to ripen, and the local Squirrels are taking bites out of them. Just enough to ruin them.

Advice, please?

Good luck.

The last time I tried a garden, the squirrels were worse than the mafia. At least the mafia just wanted a percentage- fuckin squirrels take it all.

Advice, please?
This is a real tomater SOS

Advice, please?
Are you sure it's squirrels? i had a turtle get into my tomatoes a couple years ago. And birds will do the same. In that case...Bird netting.

Rule .177

e6aebd8d38c10a71776813d7f8d2cf10.jpg

They are more tasty than tomatoes too. ;)

Advice, please?
.177 pellet gun with built in suppressor. Crosman, use the 10.5 grain ones. Get one with open sights, because using a scope opens up a serious can of worms.

yeah . he's gotta few acres of produce, and the fish cops won't let him shoot anything 'cuz he got no fencing....~S~
Fish cops.
That's not right.
:eusa_snooty:
I do has a serious fear of FWC. They have a lot of power.

It'll stop.

Squirrels don't like tomatoes...they're just testing them.

What I did was pick the tomatoes with bites & drop them on the ground. They were easier to get than the tomatoes on the plant...so other squirrels would bite the ones on the ground & leave the ones on the plant alone.

After a week it all stopped.

Noise, I put an old phone with recordings of the comedy channel from Sirius recorded on it out in the garden playing the spoken word.. Any speaking will work, music not so much. People talking keeps critters away...most of the time

Forum List

Back