Tom Fitton on Seth Rich Murder – What is the FBI hiding?

How does that make “my guy” a liar? Isakoff covered this conversation on the podcast.
yes he did. I listened to it. Claimed Hersh didn't say what the audio clearly plays he did. I believe it was episode 6 bonus 6.

Hersh wasn’t mentioned in bonus episode 6.

This phone call and the audio from Hersh was played extensively in Episode 4 starting around 12 minutes where Hersh describes his “source” talking about the supposed FBI report.
in Bonus 6 the dude Isakoff claims hersh said he never said what I played for you. How is that? It's plain as fking day!! Seth Rich, everything I said, in that audio. you haven't proved anything otherwise.

I listened to the episode twice. There is no mention of Hersh in that episode. What you’re claiming just isn’t true.
my bad, sorry, Bonus 5, one minute 30 seconds in, cy hersh was mentioned at 2:00 minute mark.

yes he did. I listened to it. Claimed Hersh didn't say what the audio clearly plays he did. I believe it was episode 6 bonus 6.

This phone call and the audio from Hersh was played extensively in Episode 4 starting around 12 minutes where Hersh describes his “source” talking about the supposed FBI report.
in Bonus 6 the dude Isakoff claims hersh said he never said what I played for you. How is that? It's plain as fking day!! Seth Rich, everything I said, in that audio. you haven't proved anything otherwise.

I listened to the episode twice. There is no mention of Hersh in that episode. What you’re claiming just isn’t true.
my bad, sorry, Bonus 5, one minute 30 seconds in, cy hersh was mentioned at 2:00 minute mark.

That’s a bit part of the story. Hersh does try to walk it back. He doesn’t want Butowsky running around telling people he has this report. By the end of the phone cal with Butowsky, he’s saying that he doesn’t have the report, hasn’t seen the report and doesn’t know if it even exists. Those comments are cut from the YouTube video you posted. Listen to episode 4 at the 15 minute mark.

To this day, Hersh is unwilling to go on the record saying it’s true.

There is no lie from Isakoff. Isakoff clearly lays out that Hersh makes the claim of a report but then walks it back. The audio is all over the episode.

That’s a bit part of the story. Hersh does try to walk it back. He doesn’t want Butowsky running around telling people he has this report. By the end of the phone cal with Butowsky, he’s saying that he doesn’t have the report, hasn’t seen the report and doesn’t know if it even exists. Those comments are cut from the YouTube video you posted. Listen to episode 4 at the 15 minute mark.

There is no lie from Isakoff. Isakoff clearly lays out that Hersh makes the claim of a report but then walks it back. The audio is all over the episode.
I agree, hersh backed out. But that dude from fox news didn't hear him wrong. That was the implication in the episode 5 by Isakoff about the fox people. why? hersh's audio is out there. That's him. he said he would never give up the guy at the bureau. But he said he saw it. Can't walk that back once the genie's out of the bottle. Again, isakoff lied. And Hersh implicates Rich. and covers the Russia angle. so, I'm just listening. Let's see the FBI reports. let's see what they have on Rich. why are you against that?

I agree, hersh backed out. But that dude from fox news didn't hear him wrong. That was the implication in the episode 5 by Isakoff about the fox people. why? hersh's audio is out there. That's him. he said he would never give up the guy at the bureau. But he said he saw it. Can't walk that back once the genie's out of the bottle. Again, isakoff lied. And Hersh implicates Rich. and covers the Russia angle. so, I'm just listening. Let's see the FBI reports. let's see what they have on Rich. why are you against that?

Hersh never claims to have seen the report. He claims to know someone who says they saw it but won’t associate himself with the veracity of that claim. That’s the walk back from Hersh.

We don’t really know who Malia Zimmerman’s source is. We have no idea if she talked to Hersh. We don’t know if she talked with someone in government.

What seems most likely to me, is that Butowsky gave the recording of his conversation with Hersh to Zimmerman and she used that as the basis for the Fox News, despite having no confirmation or corroboration that Hersh’s source exists at all. That’s what seems most likely to me, but I can’t prove it.

No one in any of the podcast claims Hersh didn’t make this claim of an FBI report to Butowsky. They do cast serious doubts on Hersh’s story because how he walked it back both at the end of the phone call and in a subsequent email he wrote to Butowsky. There was no lie from Isakoff.

It should be pretty clear by now there is no such FBI report. The only indication that there ever was one came from this claim from Hersh that he won’t stand by.

Hersh never claims to have seen the report. He claims to know someone who says they saw it but won’t associate himself with the veracity of that claim. That’s the walk back from Hersh.

We don’t really know who Malia Zimmerman’s source is. We have no idea if she talked to Hersh. We don’t know if she talked with someone in government.

What seems most likely to me, is that Butowsky gave the recording of his conversation with Hersh to Zimmerman and she used that as the basis for the Fox News, despite having no confirmation or corroboration that Hersh’s source exists at all. That’s what seems most likely to me, but I can’t prove it.

No one in any of the podcast claims Hersh didn’t make this claim of an FBI report to Butowsky. They do cast serious doubts on Hersh’s story because how he walked it back both at the end of the phone call and in a subsequent email he wrote to Butowsky. There was no lie from Isakoff.

It should be pretty clear by now there is no such FBI report. The only indication that there ever was one came from this claim from Hersh that he won’t stand by.
they were putting down the fox news folks. that's what they were doing. and they lied about that discussion.

they were putting down the fox news folks. that's what they were doing. and they lied about that discussion.
They should put down the Fox News people. It was their story that got retracted because Fox News was the one lying about the story.

Isakoff didn’t lie about any discussion.

They should put down the Fox News people. It was their story that got retracted because Fox News was the one lying about the story.

they didn't lie. i just explained it to you. but keep your eyes wide shut.

The Fox News story said a federal investigator talked to a Fox News reporter about this supposed report. Based on the Fox News report, none of it has nothing to do with Seymour Hersh.

I guess you’re going to run from this story since it fell apart.

I'm right here. what's your issue? I told you, the folks in your blog lied. they lied that fox lied. the folks in your blog were inaccurate. you even agreed with the tape I played. that audio proves the Fox position. sorry, just does.

I'm right here. what's your issue? I told you, the folks in your blog lied. they lied that fox lied. that's just inaccurate. you even agreed with the tape I played. that audio proves the Fox position. sorry, just does.

Nope. Fox New’s reporting wasn’t based on Hersh’s statement to Butowsky. Not at all. Not in the least.

The story claimed the law enforcement official talked directly with the people at Fox News. Has nothing to do with Hersh.

I'm right here. what's your issue? I told you, the folks in your blog lied. they lied that fox lied. that's just inaccurate. you even agreed with the tape I played. that audio proves the Fox position. sorry, just does.

Nope. Fox New’s reporting wasn’t based on Hersh’s statement to Butowsky. Not at all. Not in the least.

The story claimed the law enforcement official talked directly with the people at Fox News. Has nothing to do with Hersh.
but they were. I'm still waiting on you to present where they fell away from what Hersh said. you haven't presented that yet. go for it. I was referring to the bloggers you presented, they lied.

but they were. I'm still waiting on you to present where they fell away from what Hersh said. you haven't presented that yet. go for it. I was referring to the bloggers you presented, they lied.

According to the Fox News story, they talked directly with the federal source. Here’s a quote from the original story:
An FBI forensic report of Rich's computer -- generated within 96 hours after Rich's murder -- showed he made contact with WikiLeaks through Gavin MacFadyen, a now-deceased American investigative reporter, documentary filmmaker, and director of WikiLeaks who was living in London at the time, the federal source told Fox News.

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” the federal investigator told Fox News, confirming the MacFadyen connection. He said the emails are in possession of the FBI, while the stalled case is in the hands of the Washington Police Department.
Is Seymour Hersh a federal investigator? No.

According to the Fox News story, they talked directly with the federal source. Here’s a quote from the original story:
An FBI forensic report of Rich's computer -- generated within 96 hours after Rich's murder -- showed he made contact with WikiLeaks through Gavin MacFadyen, a now-deceased American investigative reporter, documentary filmmaker, and director of WikiLeaks who was living in London at the time, the federal source told Fox News.

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” the federal investigator told Fox News, confirming the MacFadyen connection. He said the emails are in possession of the FBI, while the stalled case is in the hands of the Washington Police Department.
then why did your bloggers bring his name, Cy Hersh, into it?

Because that would appear to be the most likely explanation as to how Fox News got the idea for the story. They most likely pretended they had source in the government who just happened to tell them the same thing that Hersh claims to have been told.

It would appear extremely unlikely that either of them are telling the truth about any kind of FBI report. Hersh won’t go on the record about it and wouldn’t publish a story on it and the Fox News piece was retracted.

That doesn’t even get into Wheeler supposedly corroborating it, which appears was not truthful either.

Because that would appear to be the most likely explanation as to how Fox News got the idea for the story. They most likely pretended they had source in the government who just happened to tell them the same thing that Hersh claims to have been told.

It would appear extremely unlikely that either of them are telling the truth about any kind of FBI report. Hersh won’t go on the record about it and wouldn’t publish a story on it and the Fox News piece was retracted.

That doesn’t even get into Wheeler supposedly corroborating it, which appears was not truthful either.
but Butowsky interviewed hersh. hersh is heard hear at this podcast. he is the one again, that is talking about fbi sources. Look, you don't want to listen, that's on you. but this clearly described what Fox news reported.

soundcloud.com/kpfa-fm-94-1-berkeley/seymour-hersh-on-seth-rich-and-wikileaks

you have to go to that link address. I can't copy the link. the forum won't allow it.1:08 in the podcast.

and there's this

The Man Behind The Scenes In Fox News' Discredited Seth Rich Story

Last edited:

but Butowsky interviewed hersh. hersh is heard hear at this podcast. he is the one again, that is talking about fbi sources. Look, you don't want to listen, that's on you. but this clearly described what Fox news reported.

you have to go to that link address. I can't copy the link. the forum won't allow it.1:08 in the podcast.

and there's this

Calling that an interview is going too far. First of all Butowsky isn’t a reporter. Hersh was speaking in confidence and didn’t even know he was being recorded. Hersh never said he was going to be a source for any article. Nothing about this was on the record in any means.

I think I get what you’re getting at. Malia Zimmerman claims to have a law enforcement source that says they have an FBI report. Hersh says he has a law enforcement source that has the same FBI report. If those two claims were completely separate, it would appear that they’re corroborating the same story.

But we have good reason to believe they’re not separate claims because they’re connected through Butowsky. It’s too much of a coincidence to think they’re unrelated.

For starters, we have more than enough reason to doubt Hersh’s claim of having a source. Hersh won’t defend the claim. He won’t go on record saying he has this source. He’s been seen backpedaling on it and has asked Butowsky to not tell people what he told Butowsky. Second, it just so happens that the no name reporter in contact with Butowsky also has gotten the exact same information at around the same time? Sorry. Sounds like its just too convenient.

and there's this

Calling that an interview is going too far. First of all Butowsky isn’t a reporter. Hersh was speaking in confidence and didn’t even know he was being recorded. Hersh never said he was going to be a source for any article. Nothing about this was on the record in any means.

I think I get what you’re getting at. Malia Zimmerman claims to have a law enforcement source that says they have an FBI report. Hersh says he has a law enforcement source that has the same FBI report. If those two claims were completely separate, it would appear that they’re corroborating the same story.

But we have good reason to believe they’re not separate claims because they’re connected through Butowsky. It’s too much of a coincidence to think they’re unrelated.

For starters, we have more than enough reason to doubt Hersh’s claim of having a source. Hersh won’t defend the claim. He won’t go on record saying he has this source. He’s been seen backpedaling on it and has asked Butowsky to not tell people what he told Butowsky. Second, it just so happens that the no name reporter in contact with Butowsky also has gotten the exact same information at around the same time? Sorry. Sounds like its just too convenient.
dude, I provided the link to who Ed Butowsky is. i know who he is. The fact is he recorded his discussion with Hersh. Fact. Can't change that. In that audio recording Hersh says he has a guy, not willing to give that source up. Says it. Says he saw the files. Says it. Again, the lie is from the bloggers from your link. And Fox news has nothing to pay for. hersh can't walk that back.

and there's this

dude, I provided the link to who Ed Butowsky is. i know who he is. The fact is he recorded his discussion with Hersh. Fact. Can't change that. In that audio recording Hersh says he has a guy, not willing to give that source up. Says it. Says he saw the files. Says it. Again, the lie is from the bloggers from your link. And Fox news has nothing to pay for. hersh can't walk that back.

No one has said that Hersh didn’t make the claim.

If Fox News is telling the truth, then Hersh is not the source of their reporting (which was retracted). If you think Hersh was the source of the Fox News report, then the Fox News reported was lying by saying they talked to a federal source. So why you keep waving around the recoding, I don’t know.

and there's this

No one has said that Hersh didn’t make the claim.

If Fox News is telling the truth, then Hersh is not the source of their reporting (which was retracted). If you think Hersh was the source of the Fox News report, then the Fox News reported was lying by saying they talked to a federal source. So why you keep waving around the recoding, I don’t know.
well ed was the source of the material. his audio was Hersh. The fact is that Hersh was the source of the FBI source information, and why the OP is correct. FBI, open it up!!

BTW, where is the information on the Fox News. I provided you the Ed Butowski part of it. What is it you're confused on?

Forum List

Back