Tolerance: sick woman gets death wishes for supporting medical experiments

You first, psychobitch!

I haven't committed any crime. I take no drugs. And I'm not the only one thinking along these lines.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/13/us/13inmates.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 7 — An influential federal panel of medical advisers has recommended that the government loosen regulations that severely limit the testing of pharmaceuticals on prison inmates, a practice that was all but stopped three decades ago after revelations of abuse.

The proposed change includes provisions intended to prevent problems that plagued earlier programs. Nevertheless, it has dredged up a painful history of medical mistreatment and incited debate among prison rights advocates and researchers about whether prisoners can truly make uncoerced decisions, given the environment they live in.

Supporters of such programs cite the possibility of benefit to prison populations, and the potential for contributing to the greater good.

Until the early 1970’s, about 90 percent of all pharmaceutical products were tested on prison inmates, federal officials say.

All that they need to resurrect these programs is more oversight to make sure abuse doesn't happen. It certainly is better than using animals who haven't done anything wrong.

Aside from your personal opinion, what's your objection?

Me either.

Use prisoners or drug addicts they'll take anything.

You are speaking with no more humanity then those who are issuing death threats to a seriously ill woman. :(

You are assuming that I have humanity or want it. Use prisoners for experiments. We have a full death row. All good candidates. There is no reason why innocent animals should be harmed. Drug addicts kill themselves every day taking drugs. They have no problem with drugs that kill. More good candidates.

Wow! You're so dark and gloomy ... can we use you as human poison tester? You probably would not be afraid, right? I mean - being so deliciously subversive and all ... .

Sigh ... I'll never find a real man like that.

/plays with hair and looks to the heavens.

I am sorry she is ill, but she supports cruelty to animals. I cannot condone that.

scientific experiments are not cruelty. It is how science advances.

as long as there are no other possibilities for the experiments and testing - they will continue, which fells under the expression of necessary evil.

Then the Nazi experiments were okay in your eyes?

Dya eat meat Katz'? If ya do, not really in a morally superior position to object ya know. Wear make-up? Take analgesics for a headache? Ever had surgery or a dental procedure? All made possible by animal testing.

I never said that animal testing was unnecessary. Just that there might be another way, like using undesirables such as criminals and drug addicts. Gather them up out of the gutters where they die slow deaths from worthless lives.

If you offered prisoners some perk, they'd volunteer. Especially the lifers and those on death row.

.... and online trolls.

:thup:

I am sorry she is ill, but she supports cruelty to animals. I cannot condone that.

as long as there are no other possibilities for the experiments and testing - they will continue, which fells under the expression of necessary evil.

Then the Nazi experiments were okay in your eyes?

Don't encourage him....

You are speaking with no more humanity then those who are issuing death threats to a seriously ill woman. :(

You are assuming that I have humanity or want it. Use prisoners for experiments. We have a full death row. All good candidates. There is no reason why innocent animals should be harmed. Drug addicts kill themselves every day taking drugs. They have no problem with drugs that kill. More good candidates.

Wow! You're so dark and gloomy ... can we use you as human poison tester? You probably would not be afraid, right? I mean - being so deliciously subversive and all ... .

She has no humanity yet attends church and speaks out against those different than her.

You keep looking for that real man. You should be embarrassed to look at me for your real man, it speaks more to some kind of pathology you have.

If I were in prison, convicted of some henious crime, OR was a drug user, I probably would volunteer. Using innocent animals for experimentation is like using children. They have done nothing wrong. Pick on those that have.

You keep looking for that real man. You should be embarrassed to look at me for your real man, it speaks more to some kind of pathology you have.

If I were in prison, convicted of some henious crime, OR was a drug user, I probably would volunteer. Using innocent animals for experimentation is like using children. They have done nothing wrong. Pick on those that have.

You are good at this "probably" stuff.

"The MAD Cabbie" is pathological? Who would have guessed.

There is simply no good reason to prohibit medical experiments on prisoners and drug addicts rather than animals. We don't need more dead animals. We could use a bunch fewer of criminals and druggies.

You are only pathological if you think I'm a real man and a real man is what you are looking for.

There is simply no good reason to prohibit medical experiments on prisoners and drug addicts rather than animals. We don't need more dead animals. We could use a bunch fewer of criminals and druggies.

You are only pathological if you think I'm a real man and a real man is what you are looking for.

As long as the prisoners consent.

Damn, I hate agreeing with you, but I will on this issue, so long as the testing does not involve any excessive torture of the animals. It is a necessary evil. New drugs must be tested on animals before humans, otherwise there would be no new drugs. This really is common sense. it's not at all the same as using animals for testing for cosmetic companies which I am completely against.

Animals are more important than humans - how "liberal" of you.

Prisoners giving consent is like a slave agreeing to eat less food in order to eventually win his/her freedom.

It becomes profoundly difficult to regulate on any large scale.

Animals are more important than humans - how "liberal" of you.

She's not a liberal. She's an AUTHORITARIAN, not to mention a psycho and evil on the level of Countess Bathory.

I have a good reason:The last people who did that sort of thing were called Nazis.

Many would. Give them a snickers bar, they'll agree.

Forum List

Back