Today's Excellent Question

There’s a simple process that can be used to determine when conservatives believe the polls and when they don’t.

When a Republican candidate or office holder is ahead in the polls, conservatives believe the polls are 'correct'; when a Republican candidate or office holder is behind in the polls, conservatives believe the polls are ‘wrong.’
No we don't, we don't believe polls period. 1000 people isn't nearly enough of a sample

Why then did Trump tout them ad nauseum when they were in his favor?
Because he knew you would spend all day Sunday pondering the situation!

Can anyone put a precise date on when Trump stopped believing the polls? And...let's point out that his fans stopped believing them at the same time he did.

I ask because it's indisputable that he LOVED the polls early on after his announcement of his candidacy.
HE doesn't believe polls if they are negative for him. Just like negative press is fake news. That's his game. Good polls and good news are the only truth in trump world. It's called meathead marketing 101

Again

BFD

He was elected as your POTUS

Rejoice in the fact a very smart man is now in office, unlike the meat wipe we had the last (8) years

-Geaux
I think a very entitled and previledged man is in the White House. I'm not convinced on the very smart part of your statement.

As per the election polls. How far off were they? Have you looked up what they predicted and what the actual results were? Just curious...

RealClearPolitics - 2017 Election 2016 Presidential Polls

Why does it matter? Hillary lost whether by 1 or 100 electoral college votes

She is however the first loser

-Geaux
Yes she lost, I'm not disputing that at all. You made a claim about the polls and I asked the question if you actually looked at the numbers to see how far off they were. WOULD you like to try again at giving an intelligent response?

There’s a simple process that can be used to determine when conservatives believe the polls and when they don’t.

When a Republican candidate or office holder is ahead in the polls, conservatives believe the polls are 'correct'; when a Republican candidate or office holder is behind in the polls, conservatives believe the polls are ‘wrong.’
No we don't, we don't believe polls period. 1000 people isn't nearly enough of a sample
jc, you ignorant ass, you don't believe in mathematics, physics, or chemistry, either. LOL

Can anyone put a precise date on when Trump stopped believing the polls? And...let's point out that his fans stopped believing them at the same time he did.

I ask because it's indisputable that he LOVED the polls early on after his announcement of his candidacy.

Probably when two or more polls on the same subject were showing wildly different results. And it was obvious so nobody had to follow any one else's lead. Just one more type of fake news in an effort to sway public opinion.

Probably when two or more polls on the same subject were showing wildly different results. And it was obvious so nobody had to follow any one else's lead. Just one more type of fake news in an effort to sway public opinion.
Please explain how polls are fake news? I would agree that they are waaay over reported and over analyzed, but most of them are conducted through a scientific method and when the law of averages is applied they produce some pretty accurate results. Do you know how far off the election polls were from the actual results? Can you state for us what the margin of error was?

HE doesn't believe polls if they are negative for him. Just like negative press is fake news. That's his game. Good polls and good news are the only truth in trump world. It's called meathead marketing 101

Again

BFD

Rejoice in the fact a very smart man is now in office, unlike the meat wipe we had the last (8) years

-Geaux
I think a very entitled and previledged man is in the White House. I'm not convinced on the very smart part of your statement.

As per the election polls. How far off were they? Have you looked up what they predicted and what the actual results were? Just curious...

-Geaux
Yes she lost, I'm not disputing that at all. You made a claim about the polls and I asked the question if you actually looked at the numbers to see how far off they were. WOULD you like to try again at giving an intelligent response?

Again...

What difference does it make? :badgrin:

She lost her ass, and a big one at that

You looking for some kind of consolation prize or something...... maybe a trophy for coming close?

LMAO

Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes

-Geaux

Again

BFD

-Geaux

-Geaux

Again...

What difference does it make? :badgrin:

She lost her ass, and a big one at that

You looking for some kind of consolation prize or something...... maybe a trophy for coming close?

LMAO

Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes

-Geaux
You made a comment about polls. That's all I'm speaking to... I'm not saying a thing about Clinton. I didn't even vote for her. Why can't you stick to the the subject and answer a simple question? What was the margin of error for these fake polls that you don't believe?

Your question is squarely based on a false premise, jackass.

I'm confident that you know it too because it is extremely unlikely that a person who is capable of posting here is as stupid as you are pretending to be. Your post is obviously disingenuous and a total FAIL.

Last edited:

Probably the night he realized America voted him in as POTUS when the polls had all but awarded Hillary the office. To his credit though, in the short weeks before the election, he noted that the polls showing Hillary out in front were wrong.

Who cares, the Dems rolled out a goose egg that couldn't be elected dog catcher

-Geaux

The polls said Hillary would win the popular vote, and she did. That's all they said,

and to this date Trump can't accept that.

The polls were done state by state, and had her winning the EC in a landslide. They were completely wrong, except in the case of CA and NY where she got all those extra (and worthless) popular votes.

Your question is squarely based on a false premise, jackass.

I'm confident that you know it too because it is extremely unlikely that a person who is capable of posting here is as stupid as you are pretending to be. Your post is obviously disingenuous and a total FAIL.
You realize that you completely failed to make an argument with your last statement right? Responding by saying "you're stupid" with no explanation doesn't make you sound all that intelligent yourself.

Certain polls are more valid than others. Simple "yes" "no" answers to hard decisions are usually the best.

Squishy "how u feel" questions regarding soft topics that depend on how the question is asked are usually the worst.

So "will you vote for Trump or Hillary" is usually better than "since smoking causes people to DIE DIE DIE do you support banning smoking in area "x"?

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Trump never ceased obsessing over polls. That's why he's playing to his base by taking Mooch over the Spiceman. So long as he avoids jail, which he will, his worse case outcome in being a victim to 35% and starting Trump tv in 2021

Forum List

Back