Today is National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day, celebrated annually on April 20, encourages you to tingle your taste buds with this tropical delight. If you’ve never tried this dessert, today, you have no excuse. It has been dubbed one of the most popular recipes of the 20th century.....

OIP.ff2M1edoUrBfLAdUd36dPQAAAA

Some say 4/20 is cursed but who can deny the simple goodness of Pineapple Upside-Down Cake?

National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day, celebrated annually on April 20, encourages you to tingle your taste buds with this tropical delight. If you’ve never tried this dessert, today, you have no excuse. It has been dubbed one of the most popular recipes of the 20th century.....

OIP.ff2M1edoUrBfLAdUd36dPQAAAA

Some say 4/20 is cursed but who can deny the simple goodness of Pineapple Upside-Down Cake?
/----/ In the early 1960s. my grandmother developed the recipe for pineapple upside-down cake and sent it to Duncan Hines. They paid her $25 and used it for their mix.
EDIT I grew up eating her homemade version. It wasn't until I was grown and working for Procter & Gamble (Duncan Hines parent company) that she told me the story and showed me the letter. I took a copy of it and used it in my sale presentation to grocery chains.
iu

Last edited:
/---/ From years of experience, I learned you can keep the tire burning longer by pouring used motor oil on it. I prefer 10w 30 non detergent.
iu
Used engine oil is better.....Gets all the little engine nasties into the air.

That and if you pile four tires atop each other and stick a rock under the bottom one for air flow you have one hell of a jet stove.

I like burning them down next to the river as the canoeists pass by. ;)

Used engine oil is better.....Gets all the little engine nasties into the air.

That and if you pile four tires atop each other and stick a rock under the bottom one for air flow you have one hell of a jet stove.

I like burning them down next to the river as the canoeists pass by. ;)
/----/ 10w 30 non-detergent is engine oil. I used it in my older cars for years.

20th century? We are 23 years into the 21st century? What are the top deserts for the current century?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love brownies that are chocolate and free of all nuts. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back