Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No, chemicals don't belong in our bodies

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Darlene

Silver Member
Jul 26, 2014
Missouri, United States
With so much debate swirling throughout the media, its hard to make a decision about vaccinations.
This is especially true with infants and young children. Their brains and young bodies are still growing and maturing, why should we interfere with the natural progression of things?

I'd like to see both sides with evidence-from both sides.
I'm personally anti-vax and I've decided to be this way from research I've done.
I've also come to my decision because the CDC won't tell us the way vaccines are made, what tests are done to verify their safety and efficacy, and the true ingredients in these chemical-laden formulas.

What are your thoughts?

The public safety issue trumps parental rights.

Remove children from the home to never return if the parents refuse even once.

Parents must have their children rescued from parental ignorance. Too bad parents who refuse to have their children vaccinated can't be sentenced to visiting a part of the world where there are no vaccinations and see what happens to children.

Parents must have their children rescued from parental ignorance. Too bad parents who refuse to have their children vaccinated can't be sentenced to visiting a part of the world where there are no vaccinations and see what happens to children.
The quality of living conditions plays a huge role as to what illnesses prevail in a society. Those who are hygienic and live a healthy lifestyle are ten times less likely to become ill than those who live in poverty and/or poor living conditions.

Did you notice that the decrease in major diseases also came around the time when the living conditions in America were improving?

I think its a bit biased to think that parents should have their children removed because they don't believe in doing everything the government wants them to do (the medical society is part of the government).

Have you ever walked around in the U.S, or any other modern nation and noticed the lack of sick people dying in the streets?

Thank vaccinations for that. Vaccinate your kids Darlene. Space the vaccinations out if it makes you feel better. But vaccinate them or you're barely better than Christian Scientists who'd rather their kids die than give them medicine.

Of course it's biased. I don't want unvaccinated children around my grand children.

Disagree? Well damn I wish your kids the best of luck. I hope they don't need it.
I've taken after my dad--strong immune system from the get-go.
My son had adverse reactions to the Hep B shot he got while he was in the hospital.
He started having breathing difficulties such as retractions and breathing rate was too fast.
I know it was from the Hep B shot because we didn't get that until just a few hours before being discharged.
Malikai was doing just fine until then.

Some vaccinations may be helpful but a child's immune system is fully functional until around two years.
I don't think infants and toddlers should have their new bodies bombarded with foreign substances.

Darlene, then please (and I am saying this nicely) keep an eye on your child's health, very closely.

Disagree? Well damn I wish your kids the best of luck. I hope they don't need it.
My son had adverse reactions to the Hep B shot he got while he was in the hospital.
He started having breathing difficulties such as retractions and breathing rate was too fast.
I know it was from the Hep B shot because we didn't get that until just a few hours before being discharged.

Some vaccinations may be helpful but a child's immune system is fully functional until around two years.
I don't think infants and toddlers should have their new bodies bombarded with foreign substances.

Well then you're in the vast minority. Like I said before; best of luck to your family.

What happens if your child gets Whooping Cough, Darlene? Which could have been prevented by having him vaccinated?

With so much debate swirling throughout the media, its hard to make a decision about vaccinations.
This is especially true with infants and young children. Their brains and young bodies are still growing and maturing, why should we interfere with the natural progression of things?

I'm personally anti-vax and I've decided to be this way from research I've done.
I've also come to my decision because the CDC won't tell us the way vaccines are made, what tests are done to verify their safety and efficacy, and the true ingredients in these chemical-laden formulas.

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

I'm going to be blunt here. I think you are being influenced by the few which is a dangerous thing. If one or two people choose not to vaccinate their kids, it isn't a big deal, but if 10% choose not to vaccinate, all of a sudden we now have a significant number of people who are susceptible to being infected, and once one is infected, the spread of any number of these diseases can spread quickly. We have vaccines to prevent this from happening but now we have people like you who think taking the risk is a good idea versus the alternative. I just don't understand it. You may end up killing your own child along with many others by making such a decision. Then what?

Anti-Vaccination Movement Causes a Deadly Year in the U.S.

When Pseudoscience Becomes the Norm
In 1998, British journal The Lancet published research by Dr. Andrew Wakefield that purported to show that the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccines caused autism in some children. The study was widely reported and the information spread like wildfire among parents, especially those with autistic children.

One of the loudest broadcasters of this supposed link between vaccines and autism is actress Jenny McCarthy, who has campaigned in support of Wakefield's findings as recently as 2011.

The problem with Wakefield's study, however, was that it relied on faulty data. Later investigations have shown that Wakefield was set to benefit from lawsuits based on his research. The study was retracted after numerous other scientists could not replicate his findings.

Since then, no other medical research has shown a link between vaccines and mental disorders. Nevertheless, many parents still hold reservations about vaccinating their children. Wakefield’s paper has been linked to declines in vaccination and a corresponding increase in measles cases.

In March, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a study showing that an aggressive vaccination schedule does not contribute to an increase in autism incidence.

Read What the CDC Has to Say About the Autism-Vaccine Link »

There are, however, a few real reasons why certain children should avoid vaccinations; specifically, those who are undergoing medical treatment or are still too young.

Outbreak Clusters Appear Among the Unvaccinated
Earlier this year, researchers confirmed that a 2010 whooping cough outbreak in California, the nation's worst in over 50 years, was spread by children whose parents applied for non-medical exemptions to school vaccination requirements, many for religious reasons.

The study showed that more cases of whooping cough occurred in the clusters of unvaccinated children than not, resulting in 9,120 instances of the disease and 10 deaths. In San Diego county alone, there were 5,100 exemptions and 980 whooping cough cases.

In August, the Texas megachurch Eagle Mountain International Church made headlines after 21 members of its congregation contracted measles. Coincidently, the outbreak occurred during National Immunization Awareness Month.

Following the outbreak, the church hosted vaccination clinics and urged its members to attend.
The church, part of Kenneth Copeland Ministries, advocated abstaining from vaccinations over fears that they can cause autism. The outbreak was traced back to a church member who had traveled abroad on a mission trip and then spread measles among the unvaccinated congregation.

The quality of living conditions plays a huge role as to what illnesses prevail in a society. Those who are hygienic and live a healthy lifestyle are ten times less likely to become ill than those who live in poverty and/or poor living conditions.

Did you notice that the decrease in major diseases also came around the time when the living conditions in America were improving?

You know what I noticed? When I get up in the morning the sun rises only a few minutes later. I think that my getting up in the morning actually causes the sun to rise.

You all had better hope that I never sleep in or you guys are doing to have dark days to deal with.

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

I'm going to be blunt here. I think you are being influenced by the few which is a dangerous thing. If one or two people choose not to vaccinate their kids, it isn't a big deal, but if 10% choose not to vaccinate, all of a sudden we now have a significant number of people who are susceptible to being infected, and once one is infected, the spread of any number of these diseases can spread quickly. We have vaccines to prevent this from happening but now we have people like you who think taking the risk is a good idea versus the alternative. I just don't understand it. You may end up killing your own child along with many others by making such a decision. Then what?

Anti-Vaccination Movement Causes a Deadly Year in the U.S.

When Pseudoscience Becomes the Norm
In 1998, British journal The Lancet published research by Dr. Andrew Wakefield that purported to show that the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccines caused autism in some children. The study was widely reported and the information spread like wildfire among parents, especially those with autistic children.

One of the loudest broadcasters of this supposed link between vaccines and autism is actress Jenny McCarthy, who has campaigned in support of Wakefield's findings as recently as 2011.

The problem with Wakefield's study, however, was that it relied on faulty data. Later investigations have shown that Wakefield was set to benefit from lawsuits based on his research. The study was retracted after numerous other scientists could not replicate his findings.

Since then, no other medical research has shown a link between vaccines and mental disorders. Nevertheless, many parents still hold reservations about vaccinating their children. Wakefield’s paper has been linked to declines in vaccination and a corresponding increase in measles cases.

In March, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a study showing that an aggressive vaccination schedule does not contribute to an increase in autism incidence.

Read What the CDC Has to Say About the Autism-Vaccine Link »

There are, however, a few real reasons why certain children should avoid vaccinations; specifically, those who are undergoing medical treatment or are still too young.

Outbreak Clusters Appear Among the Unvaccinated
Earlier this year, researchers confirmed that a 2010 whooping cough outbreak in California, the nation's worst in over 50 years, was spread by children whose parents applied for non-medical exemptions to school vaccination requirements, many for religious reasons.

The study showed that more cases of whooping cough occurred in the clusters of unvaccinated children than not, resulting in 9,120 instances of the disease and 10 deaths. In San Diego county alone, there were 5,100 exemptions and 980 whooping cough cases.

In August, the Texas megachurch Eagle Mountain International Church made headlines after 21 members of its congregation contracted measles. Coincidently, the outbreak occurred during National Immunization Awareness Month.

Following the outbreak, the church hosted vaccination clinics and urged its members to attend.
The church, part of Kenneth Copeland Ministries, advocated abstaining from vaccinations over fears that they can cause autism. The outbreak was traced back to a church member who had traveled abroad on a mission trip and then spread measles among the unvaccinated congregation.

Then she can say "I'm sorry I murdered your children" and her conscience will be clear.

What are your thoughts?

Do whatever works for you. I have no strong opinions on it one way or the other. I never had a problem with vaccinations but one of my siblings got sick as a dog off the MMR. I think some people are more sensitive to them than others. Kind of like allergies--I am not allergic to anything really thus far other than dopey hayfever/sinus stuff. Most of my sibblings and my mom had allergies to some meds, but my dad and I pretty much could take shots of low level radioactive waste I think.

Of course it's biased. I don't want unvaccinated children around my grand children.
Yes because your dictatorship and wants should absolutely trump others freedoms :rolleyes:

Here is yet even more proof (if that was needed) that you simply cant stand freedom in general. Take kids away because of a parenting decision that you don't like? Hell no. YOU don't get to dictate how we live our lives.

Those 'sick' children, btw, do NOTHING to endanger yours of you got them vaccinated. What, exactly, then is your problem?

Tough, you don't get to decide that. Unfortunately, we are bombarded with foreign substances at a constant, unrelenting rate. That is a simple fact and there is absolutely nothing that you or anyone else can do to stop it. That is EXACTLY how our immune system works. You are acting as though a vaccine is something that is unnatural and foreign when it is entirely the opposite case. A vaccine is meant to stimulate your bodies NATURAL immune process. With the stripped down vaccine, you might get some cold symptoms (because that is actually your body causing that, not an illness). Without it, you might die.

That is an easy decision for me - there is no evidence whatsoever that vaccines present any significant harm. like everything, you can have a bad reaction but you are more likely to die on the way to the hospital in a car crash. You are WAY more likely to die from the illness that the vaccine protects against no matter how clean you think you are.

Forum List

Back