To Musicians: What Instruments and Songs/Tunes Do You Play ?

I'm pretty awesome on the organ, piano, and keyboard. I'm decent on the guitar... I have always preferred electric over acoustic, but either way can be enjoyable.

I have only ever played music just for fun. And to manipulate/ influence people. I prefer to create art with a pencil or paintbrush rather than with an instrument. Those are the areas where I can truly compete with masters.

I've been playing electric and acoustic guitar, off and on since about 1978.

I still have my Ovation acoustic which I learned to play on. I have an Epiphone Les Paul that has updated, hotter pickups and wiring harness.

I usually play some sort of fingerstyle blues on acoustic. Rev Gary Davis, Lightnin Hopkins, Mance Lipscomb, stuff like that. Got over my nervousness at various open Mike's about 20 years ago.

My electric practice list consists of a few Metallica, Iron Maiden, Led Zep songs. A few Ramones tunes as well.

I practice scales but it looks like I'll never really be able to play lead, at least not as good as I'd like to.

But I enjoy it so much I know I'll never stop at least "noodling" on the guitar.

Drums, guitar, vocals, write lyrics/music, arranging

Drums%20outside_zps9si2dh7x.jpg~original

Guitar%202_zpsi5jekhvj.gif~original

Guitar%20clown_zpsb9n9tymp.gif~original

Last edited:
I've been playing electric and acoustic guitar, off and on since about 1978.

I still have my Ovation acoustic which I learned to play on. I have an Epiphone Les Paul that has updated, hotter pickups and wiring harness.

I usually play some sort of fingerstyle blues on acoustic. Rev Gary Davis, Lightnin Hopkins, Mance Lipscomb, stuff like that. Got over my nervousness at various open Mike's about 20 years ago.

My electric practice list consists of a few Metallica, Iron Maiden, Led Zep songs. A few Ramones tunes as well.

I practice scales but it looks like I'll never really be able to play lead, at least not as good as I'd like to.

But I enjoy it so much I know I'll never stop at least "noodling" on the guitar.
Excellent!

If you have musical talent, keep it going. I like the bands & covers too!

Forum List

Back