To Democrats: Do you REALLY WANT your party ruling forever?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Given the shifting demographics of this country, it is quite possible that in few short years we could essentially have Democrat rule of the Presidency, Senate and House....forever. Now think about that. Does that prospect make you happy or give you pause? Speaking only for myself I would loathe the idea of complete Republican control of the government forever because that is counter to everything that America is about. We already have nearly full Democrat control of the Media and we see what a disaster that is for the country. Seriously, if you are a Democrat do you want your party in full control of the country forever? And if so, why do you think that would be good?

Given the shifting demographics of this country, it is quite possible that in few short years we could essentially have Democrat rule of the Presidency, Senate and House....forever. Now think about that. Does that prospect make you happy or give you pause? Speaking only for myself I would loathe the idea of complete Republican control of the government forever because that is counter to everything that America is about. We already have nearly full Democrat control of the Media and we see what a disaster that is for the country. Seriously, if you are a Democrat do you want your party in full control of the country forever? And if so, why do you think that would be good?
I am not a Democrat, but for my part, the answer is no. I do know that I do not want the trump party to rule forever, or even past January. I miss the Republicans, mostly gone now. Very sad. Maybe the Republicans will be back if the trumpers lose. Who knows, but I am not prepared to worry about this year or for the next couple of years.

I am not a Democrat, but for my part, the answer is no. I do know that I do not want the trump party to rule forever, or even past January. I miss the Republicans, mostly gone now. Very sad. Maybe the Republicans will be back if the trumpers lose. Who knows, but I am not prepared to worry about this year or for the next couple of years.

Democrats had better think twice. Look at the damage the Governors and Mayors have done in the major cities around the nation.

Since the Democrats have come right out and said they want to give amnesty to illegal aliens, and the fact that they would do away with the electoral college, it makes it very likely you would never see another Republican again. Democrats control academia. Kids are taught by them what to believe in public school. Journalism schools and most of entertainment are all liberal and anti conservative. If the Democrats were to gain a monopoly, there would never be any pushback and whats more, if you legalize illegal immigrants do you think you will be attracting more to come? you would see those numbers double at least.They will vote as a block for the party that will let their families come here from latin America and elsewhere without having to wait. The Democrats know this and anyone who has ever played the game of chess can track the trajectory of their intentions.

Since the Democrats have come right out and said they want to give amnesty to illegal aliens, and the fact that they would do away with the electoral college, it makes it very likely you would never see another Republican again. Democrats control academia. Kids are taught by them what to believe in public school. Journalism schools and most of entertainment are all liberal and anti conservative. If the Democrats were to gain a monopoly, there would never be any pushback and whats more, if you legalize illegal immigrants do you think you will be attracting more to come? you would see those numbers double at least.They will vote as a block for the party that will let their families come here from latin America and elsewhere without having to wait. The Democrats know this and anyone who has ever played the game of chess can track the trajectory of their intentions.
Doubt the amnesty thing, except for something to do with tthe dreamer bunch, that will probably have some path to citizenship. Do you really see doing away with the electoral college? It would take a constitutional change, require 2/3 of the states to go along with it. Heck, they can't even get the equal rights amendment past and that was first proposed in 1923. Don't hold your breath. I wouldn't like a monopoly. My dad and granddad were the vote them out at the next election types. I don't always apply that advice, but it probably has something to do with my being and independent. Never felt I owed a party if they sucked last term. If they suck, I will help you vote them out next time. Don't sweat the electoral college. It ain't happening, as the hinterland does not want to be ruled by the coasts.

Doubt the amnesty thing, except for something to do with tthe dreamer bunch, that will probably have some path to citizenship. Do you really see doing away with the electoral college? It would take a constitutional change, require 2/3 of the states to go along with it. Heck, they can't even get the equal rights amendment past and that was first proposed in 1923. Don't hold your breath. I wouldn't like a monopoly. My dad and granddad were the vote them out at the next election types. I don't always apply that advice, but it probably has something to do with my being and independent. Never felt I owed a party if they sucked last term. If they suck, I will help you vote them out next time. Don't sweat the electoral college. It ain't happening, as the hinterland does not want to be ruled by the coasts.
In my view, the electoral college may become a non-factor within the next 10 years. I live in Arizona and have seen the dramatic shift in demographics. If Texas and Arizona shift a few more points then the E.C. will insure a Democratic lock on at least the Presidency.
The bottom line is no one IMO should want their party to have full control of the government forever. Checks and balances would be gone, corruption would be rampant and there would be no accountability at all.

Forum List

Back