TN Welfare applicants drug tests: 37 out of 16,017 positive (0.2%)

How is it even legal to require welfar recipiants to submit such a test? Isn't there a Constitution or something that mentions self-incrimination forbidding that sort of thing?

There is that, but they are not being charged with a crime.

It's violated the Bill of Rights, 4th Amendent if not mistaken. No different than illegal police sobriety checkpoints requiring drivers to submit DNA evidence against themselves. Without just cause, police may not conduct a sobriety check if doing so requires your turning over physical evidence against yourself. If during "observation" or your person they then are willing to tesitfy they believed you were impaired, then they can. But they can't make you submit to a breathalyzer or give cotton swabs or blood just because. Similarly, without just cause, the state cannot require those not charged with crimes to submit evidence possibly incriminating themselves, or to receive governmental benefits. To make that legal, the drug tests would have to be universally applied, not just to welfare recipiants but Social Security recipiants and the like as well.

Perhaps you will explain how employers get away with drug testing for a job or random drug testing of employees without being charged with violating the 4th Amendment.
I'm waiting!

How is it even legal to require welfar recipiants to submit such a test? Isn't there a Constitution or something that mentions self-incrimination forbidding that sort of thing?

It's violated the Bill of Rights, 4th Amendent if not mistaken. No different than illegal police sobriety checkpoints requiring drivers to submit DNA evidence against themselves. Without just cause, police may not conduct a sobriety check if doing so requires your turning over physical evidence against yourself. If during "observation" or your person they then are willing to tesitfy they believed you were impaired, then they can. But they can't make you submit to a breathalyzer or give cotton swabs or blood just because. Similarly, without just cause, the state cannot require those not charged with crimes to submit evidence possibly incriminating themselves, or to receive governmental benefits. To make that legal, the drug tests would have to be universally applied, not just to welfare recipiants but Social Security recipiants and the like as well.

Perhaps you will explain how employers get away with drug testing for a job or random drug testing of employees without being charged with violating the 4th Amendment.
I'm waiting!

Jobs are optional. You submit to your employer's will by working for them. Can not submit and not work there. That's how.

Oh and wait you Nanny State Moochers. Because Big Brother has lots more plans to control your lives. Total control is what he wants. So yeah, you'll get a few Freebies out of the deal. But you'll sell your soul in the process. My suggestion would be to simply work harder, and don't depend on Big Brother to take care of you.

Hey, you wanted a Big Government Nanny State? Well, here it is. It's all about control for Government. You'll have to give Big Brother something in exchange for his Freebies. And that something in Tennessee, is your drugs. But stay tuned, because in time Big Brother has lots more mandates coming. Such as limiting how many children Welfare recipients will be allowed to have. And probably banning recipients from smoking cigarettes. Or telling recipients what kinds of food they'll be allowed to eat.

I mean, do people actually think 'Obamacare' isn't gonna result in more Government control of their lives? Government Freebies are anything but 'Free.' There is a heavy price to be paid. And that price is your personal Freedom & Liberty.

So, are you adhering to some kind of ideological nihilism? If we can't have perfect freedom let's endorse totalitarian government? Hmm... No thanks.

Can't have it both ways. You want a Nanny/Police State and your Freebies, then understand Big Brother's gonna get something out of the deal. And total control of your life is that something.

You wanna do your drugs and get your Freebies? Well, too bad. The Government in Tennessee is saying no. You don't like that, don't demand the Freebies. You can't have everything.

Sadly, it is all about the Freebies for too many Americans. And seriously, Nanny Staters are the last people who should be bitchin about this. They're the same numbnuts who routinely try to ban soda and push various other absurd Government over-reaches. A whole lot of dishonesty and hypocrisy being expressed by Nanny Staters on this thread.

For the Nanny/Police Staters, it's all about controlling others. It's about forcing their agendas on others. So on issues like this, they have no real credibility. They can't have it both ways. They wanted this Nanny/Police State. So now they need to deal with the consequences. So you can't do your drugs and get your Freebies in Tennessee? Oh well, too bad. Looks like the Moochers there will have to move somewhere else. It is what it is.

^main lining glibertarian talking points.

Coming from a loony Nanny Stater who wants to ban Big Gulps, i'll take that insult with a grain of salt. You guys wanted this Nanny/Police State. Now you have to deal with the consequences.

You can't do your drugs and get your Freebies in Tennessee. Oh well, too bad. Time to relocate to another State. Maybe that's what Tennessee had in mind all along? Less Moochers sure would lighten the load for the State.

So those drug test cheating kits really DO work....

No, they don't, but it's not hard to pass a piss test. Your best bet is to have somebody you know is clean piss in a small bottle, and hide it in your sock when you go in to take the test. Make sure the urine stays within the range of 91-95 degrees, because they will check the temperature. Also, pour some of the clean piss into the toilet. There's a reason they tell you not to flush the toilet when you take a piss test. I know these things because... a... friend... has had to do it before. :eusa_shifty:

Yup, some people will do almost anything to get a Freebie. That's why i'm ok with giving em tougher requirements.

Most people cheating drug tests are doing it to get a job. That's why I... um... my friend did it. A less harmful drug like weed can stay in your system for about 30 days, while drugs like coke and meth can stay in your system for about a week. The people who are most negatively effected by drug tests are those doing the least dangerous drug. The fact that they are so easy to pass anyways makes them a waste of time and money, in my opinion.
Yep..you can even buy fake urine...it comes with a thermometer to ensure it is at the correct temperature.
You can even buy a fake dick to "piss" the fake urine through.
Yep, so when you go down to the welfare line, be sure to take your whizzinator with you.

Coming from a loony Nanny Stater who wants to ban Big Gulps, i'll take that insult with a grain of salt. You guys wanted this Nanny/Police State. Now you have to deal with the consequences.

You can't do your drugs and get your Freebies in Tennessee. Oh well, too bad. Time to relocate to another State. Maybe that's what Tennessee had in mind all along? Less Moochers sure would lighten the load for the State.
I don't want to ban Big Gulps.

Thanks for confirming that you are nothing but a repetitive parrot.

So we want to piss test welfare recipients, eh?

Okay.

If you take a tax credit, piss test please!

If you take a tax deduction, piss test please!

If you take a tax exemption, piss test please!

You want your bank bailed out? PISS TEST PLEASE!

I'm waiting!

Jobs are optional. You submit to your employer's will by working for them. Can not submit and not work there. That's how.

Jobs are optional and so is welfare. You get paid by the employer and he probably won't hire you if you are not drug free and don't stay that way. Why should welfare recipients be paid if they can't meet the same standards?.

Last edited:
Mass Moocher Exodus in Tennessee? I'm sure Tennessee Taxpayers would be good with that. Audios Amigos. :)

Nanny/Police Staters don't get to bitch about issues like this. Morons who want to ban anything or anyone who doesn't go along with their Big Government agendas, have no credibility whatsoever on issues like this. This Tennessee situation is classic Nanny/Police State stuff. You guys should be praising Tennessee.

I'm waiting!

Jobs are optional and so is welfare. You get paid by the employer and he probably won't hire you if you are not drug free and don't stay that way. Why should welfare recipients be a paid if they can't meet the same standards?.

Don't bother. The Moochers just want the Taxpayers to give them their Freebies with no questions asked. They've been indoctrinated by the Communist/Progressive wankers to believe they deserve and are entitled to someone else's income. They truly believe that.

So you'll never get through to em. They just want their Freebies, and that's that. Hopefully, Tennessee will see a mass Moocher Exodus from the State. Less Moochers will be a big relief for Tennessee Taxpayers.

So we want to piss test welfare recipients, eh?

Okay.

If you take a tax credit, piss test please!

If you take a tax deduction, piss test please!

If you take a tax exemption, piss test please!

You want your bank bailed out? PISS TEST PLEASE!

Kinda funny watching you Nanny Staters getting your panties all up in a bunch over this. All this outrage coming from people who want Government to ban Big Gulps and endorse it spying on Citizens 24/7. I mean this kind of thing is completely expected in a Nanny/Police State.

Big Brother is all about the control. So you want the Freebies in Tennessee? Well, you'll have to kick your drug habit. It's the price you pay for demanding Big Brother take care of you and your family. Nothing's really 'Free.'

You get paid by the employer and he probably won't hire you if you are not drug free and don't stay that way..

As long as you can do your job nobody really cares if you are high. Employers do that for workman's comp situations. If you get injured on the job, and they find drugs in your system you get nothing. Now, if you were shit face drunk when the accident happened but the only thing they test for are drugs you could be fired for the joint you smoked two weeks ago, but not for the alcohol you consumed five minutes ago.

I'm waiting!

Jobs are optional and so is welfare. You get paid by the employer and he probably won't hire you if you are not drug free and don't stay that way. Why should welfare recipients be paid if they can't meet the same standards?.

The thing is this...these programs were forced on us by people who insisted that these poor people just couldn't help themselves...whatever vice that prevented them from supporting their own, they weren't accountable for it, and we were accountable for them.

Now the same people are turning around and saying "Deny them food if they can't piss a drug test! We'll take their children and it will be better all around"....wait a minute, what happened to the argument that these people have no control over their own destinies? If so, then why should be penalize them for drug addiction?

Nanny/Police Staters don't get to bitch about issues like this. Morons who want to ban anything or anyone who doesn't go along with their Big Government agendas, have no credibility whatsoever on issues like this. This Tennessee situation is classic Nanny/Police State stuff. You guys should be praising Tennessee.

What about the rest of us? I say we can, and should, bitch because this is exactly why many of us are opposed to these kinds of programs in the first place.

I suppose you're just trying to do the same thing I am: wake up liberals to the insidious nature of government intervention. But cheering for the ugliest aspects of it just seems sick and nihilistic.

Forum List

Back