TN Welfare applicants drug tests: 37 out of 16,017 positive (0.2%)

Price y'all pay for your Nanny State. So quit ya bitchin, and enjoy your Freebies while you still can. This massive Welfare/Warfare State can't be sustained forever.

But let's be clear..you maroons are claiming that the welfare mother who receives $616 in welfare alone, + a rental subsidy of $850, + foodstamps of $511, + free heat subsidy to the tune of $100 a month....THAT mother has paid $17532 in INCOME TAXES sometime in her past?

You're fucking high.
That's absolutely ridiculous, to say the least. Of course, some receive way more than they have ever paid in. But many have paid thousands into the system and have never gotten one cent back. Some die after paying into the system for many years, and never receive a cent back.

You're dismissed. You're an idiot.
Calling me an idiot doesn't prove you point, nor does it add anything to the conversation. Childish name calling and personal attacks are just silly and pathetic. Why not try civil and adult discussions and conversations? Are you above that? Not your cup of yea? No practice at it? Never was taught how to do it? Very immature on your part.

I already proved my point. At this point, you are stupid.

So on ignore.
Very childish. And, you haven't proved anything yet, at least not to be you haven't. And, calling me stupid doesn't prove your point either. It's just silly and childish on your part. Why not try to be civil and adult? What can it hurt?

I proved that very, very few of the elderly receive SSI.

I proved that welfare recipients are not able to pay enough in income taxes to pay their benefits.

Was there anything else?

When I proved my point, you tried to get me to rephrase myself, so that my proof would no longer be relevant, and I stopped that as well.

Now you're going on ignore, you're boring.

They're onto fascism. We don't (really, we don't) want a government preoccupied with making us better Citizens.

But you want it to hand you those Freebies huh? Well, guess what? Nothing's really 'Free.' You want the Freebies, stop doing drugs and begin properly taking care of your family. Period, end of story.

No, I don't. But that's the reality of government services. Again, would you apply the same logic consistently to other government programs and entitlements?

Like i said earlier, Big Brother ain't gonna just hand you those Freebies without wanting something in return. It's all about control for him. Keep em coming back for more. The price you pay for Big Brother's Freebies, is your Freedom & Liberty. That's why i suggest going the old fashioned route instead... Work harder.
So, everyone that wants to be self-supporting, can easily find a living wage job? All of us can be self-supporting? There're no excuses to be on assistance programs?

They're onto fascism. We don't (really, we don't) want a government preoccupied with making us better Citizens.

But you want it to hand you those Freebies huh? Well, guess what? Nothing's really 'Free.' You want the Freebies, stop doing drugs and begin properly taking care of your family. Period, end of story.

No, I don't. But that's the reality of government services. Again, would you apply the same logic consistently to other government programs and entitlements?

Like i said earlier, Big Brother ain't gonna just hand you those Freebies without wanting something in return. It's all about control for him. Keep em coming back for more. The price you pay for Big Brother's Freebies, is your Freedom & Liberty. That's why i suggest going the old fashioned route instead... Work harder.
So, everyone that wants to be self-supporting, can easily find a living wage job? All of us can be self-supporting? There're no excuses to be on assistance programs?

Hey, you wanted a Big Government Nanny State? Well, here it is. It's all about control for Government. You'll have to give Big Brother something in exchange for his Freebies. And that something in Tennessee, is your drugs. But stay tuned, because in time Big Brother has lots more mandates coming. Such as limiting how many children Welfare recipients will be allowed to have. And probably banning recipients from smoking cigarettes. Or telling recipients what kinds of food they'll be allowed to eat.

I mean, do people actually think 'Obamacare' isn't gonna result in more Government control of their lives? Government Freebies are anything but 'Free.' There is a heavy price to be paid. And that price is your personal Freedom & Liberty.
No. I do NOT want a "big government nanny state". That's the last thing that I would want. FYI - The United States Government already controls our lives, and have been doing so for a long long time now. ------ I do NOT want nor need "freebies". FYI- The government already mandates everything. What are they not mandating? Also, "Obamacare" is one of the worst things that have ever happened to this country. It's expensive, unjust, and causes more problem than it cures. What are "government freebies"? We pay for everything with our tax dollars. We even pay the astronomical interest on the national debt. What is it that the taxpayers don't pay for? FYI - We do NOT have freedom now, except for our luck. We don't have privacy. We imprison innocent citizens. We're told when and where we can or can not pray. We can't fly the American flag in certain neighborhoods. Besides, they can do as they please, and take what they want at any time. They have become an entity unto themselves, answerable to no one except themselves.

So, your point is? Please explain. And, what does all of that have to do with cutting children off from assistance programs?

And if they test positive, kill those suckers.

You're so disgusting. "Allow" them to give birth..the implication being that the state must approve all breeding that takes place. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
That is exactly what she seems to be suggesting.
It's what you're suggesting, you lunatic.
Are you saying you don't understand the eye rolling emoticon?
You may say now that you were being sarcastic, but then in two seconds, pretend you weren't. Like with the welfare thing..one minute, you are referring to welfare as *tanf* only, the next minute, it's any assistance received by anyone, anywhere.

It sort of depends on what lie you're trying to support.
I didn't say welfare was tanf only you nit.

I didn't say you said welfare was tanf only.

Another lie.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Not that I'm in favor of Big Brother concept, I just have a problem with people being on welfare and they are able to work but I have no problem with folks getting welfare under it's intended use.. I would like to see Welfare Reform Part II

Almost every person on welfare is able to work.

Including the ... *disabled*.

That's absolutely ridiculous, to say the least. Of course, some receive way more than they have ever paid in. But many have paid thousands into the system and have never gotten one cent back. Some die after paying into the system for many years, and never receive a cent back.

You're dismissed. You're an idiot.
Calling me an idiot doesn't prove you point, nor does it add anything to the conversation. Childish name calling and personal attacks are just silly and pathetic. Why not try civil and adult discussions and conversations? Are you above that? Not your cup of yea? No practice at it? Never was taught how to do it? Very immature on your part.

I already proved my point. At this point, you are stupid.

So on ignore.
Very childish. And, you haven't proved anything yet, at least not to be you haven't. And, calling me stupid doesn't prove your point either. It's just silly and childish on your part. Why not try to be civil and adult? What can it hurt?

I proved that very, very few of the elderly receive SSI.

I proved that welfare recipients are not able to pay enough in income taxes to pay their benefits.

Was there anything else?

When I proved my point, you tried to get me to rephrase myself, so that my proof would no longer be relevant, and I stopped that as well.

Now you're going on ignore, you're boring.
Ha Ha Ha. Very funny. You haven't proven anything to me. You may think you have, but you haven't. And, I never said how many of each category was on which assistance program. So, that becomes a moot point in our discussion. In addition, I have never ever said that those receiving benefits paid as much into the system as they get out of it. Show me exactly where I said anything like that. I have never ever asked you to rephrase anything, period. Please show where I tried to get you to rephrase a single word.

Ignore me, more power to you. Do what you feel is best for you. Running away doesn't help your cause either. Very silly and childish behavior on your part. It's like a little kid that doesn't like the rules, so they pick up their marbles and go home. Very sad for adults to act like that.

We should consider the old days...when people who were able to work, but couldn't support their children, had to agree to be housed in WORK HOUSES as a condition of the support of their families. If they didn't know how to work going in, then they learned while they were there. When they showed they could support themselves and their families, they did. The result was that people were willing to work very hard before being forced to accept charity.

Another old institution that we no longer employ...ORPHANAGES for the children of the chronically addicted and unemployed. Not foster homes.

Two old concepts that the leftists are moving us towards. Obama has actually given speeches on state intervention in child rearing. It's hard to find these days, but he spoke glowingly and wistfully of his desire for state child rearing, internment camps for children and families, and acceptable die off.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Not that I'm in favor of Big Brother concept, I just have a problem with people being on welfare and they are able to work but I have no problem with folks getting welfare under it's intended use.. I would like to see Welfare Reform Part II

Hate to break it to you, but you ARE in favor of the "Big Brother" concept.

Hey, you wanted a Big Government Nanny State? Well, here it is. It's all about control for Government. You'll have to give Big Brother something in exchange for his Freebies. And that something in Tennessee, is your drugs. But stay tuned, because in time Big Brother has lots more mandates coming. Such as limiting how many children Welfare recipients will be allowed to have. And probably banning recipients from smoking cigarettes. Or telling recipients what kinds of food they'll be allowed to eat.

I mean, do people actually think 'Obamacare' isn't gonna result in more Government control of their lives? Government Freebies are anything but 'Free.' There is a heavy price to be paid. And that price is your personal Freedom & Liberty.

So, are you adhering to some kind of ideological nihilism? If we can't have perfect freedom let's endorse totalitarian government? Hmm... No thanks.

Yes drug cheat tests work.

So, are you adhering to some kind of ideological nihilism? If we can't have perfect freedom let's endorse totalitarian government? Hmm... No thanks.

Where did he say that?

Oh yeah. He didn't. You did, so you could pretend that was what he said, and to argue a point that was never made.

How is it even legal to require welfar recipiants to submit such a test? Isn't there a Constitution or something that mentions self-incrimination forbidding that sort of thing?

There is that, but they are not being charged with a crime.

How is it even legal to require welfar recipiants to submit such a test? Isn't there a Constitution or something that mentions self-incrimination forbidding that sort of thing?

There is that, but they are not being charged with a crime.

It's violated the Bill of Rights, 4th Amendent if not mistaken. No different than illegal police sobriety checkpoints requiring drivers to submit DNA evidence against themselves. Without just cause, police may not conduct a sobriety check if doing so requires your turning over physical evidence against yourself. If during "observation" or your person they then are willing to tesitfy they believed you were impaired, then they can. But they can't make you submit to a breathalyzer or give cotton swabs or blood just because. Similarly, without just cause, the state cannot require those not charged with crimes to submit evidence possibly incriminating themselves, or to receive governmental benefits. To make that legal, the drug tests would have to be universally applied, not just to welfare recipiants but Social Security recipiants and the like as well.

Forum List

Back