TN: Officer Shot, & Shooting Naval Yard

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
UPDATE Police officer shot at Tennessee RiverPark - WRCBtv.com Chattanooga News Weather Sports

not many details right now.

Early reports are that one Chattanooga police officer has been shot, according to Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke's office.

There may be other victims.

Channel 3 has confirmed that there is has also been a shooting at Bradley Square Mall in Cleveland. It's not known is it is related to the Chattanooga shooting incident.

Berke left a news conference early when he recived the news of the shooting.

Last edited:
Another link-
Active shooter reported at naval center National News - Home
CNN) -

Authorities were investigating an "active shooter incident" late Thursday morning at the Naval Reserve Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Fire Chief Randy Jackson said.

"Horrific incident in our community," tweeted Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke. "We will release details as they are confirmed. Prayers to all those affected."...
A witness told CNN that she saw a man with "a high-powered rifle" fire multiple shots from a silver Mustang. She said she was watching through a window from inside a restaurant.

Gina Mule said she heard "Pow, pow, pow!" around 10:50 a.m. ET.

"I don't know how many shots he fired, but it was a lot," she said.

Naval reserve center at Chattanooga.

Time to allow soldiers to carry on base yet?

Police Officer Shot at Chattanooga Tennessee U.S. Naval Recruiting Building - NBC News
Was the police officer unarmed?

It wasn't on a military base.
The first reports said it was. The location has changed multiple times in reporting. But don't let me stop you from your little game
i'm left wondering why they're tying the shooting to the naval recruiting station. aren't those usually in strip malls and the like?

Police Officer Shot at Chattanooga Tennessee U.S. Naval Recruiting Building - NBC News

The first reports said it was. The location has changed multiple times in reporting. But don't let me stop you from your little game
i'm left wondering why they're tying the shooting to the naval recruiting station. aren't those usually in strip malls and the like?
Dunno but ABC radio was reporting that the Mayor labeled the scene horrific.

Dunno but ABC radio was reporting that the Mayor labeled the scene horrific.
2l8vhuu.jpg
If only those passengers had been armed.

Chattanooga State's campus, which is nearby, has been locked down as a safety precaution. It is considered to be an active shooter situation. Several business in the are have been locked down as a safety measure.

Those businesses and organization currently locked down include:

Chattanooga State
Erlanger Hospital
Memorial Hospital

There’s currently no word on the condition of those involved.

(manhunt under way, fbi and atf on their way)

Stay with Channel 3 and WRCBtv.com for updates on this developing story.

Forum List

Back