Tires on EV's only last about 8 thousand miles

It was love at first sight when Neil Semel saw the electric Mercedes EQS 450+ at a Pompano Beach, Florida, dealership. The sedan was the perfect sleek black color his wife wanted, had only 2,200 miles and they both liked the idea of getting away from gasoline.

“I’ve always driven combustion engines and I thought it was time to try to save the planet,” Semel said.

But after less than 5,000 miles of driving around his Boca Raton, Florida, neighborhood, Semel was shocked to find some essential — and very expensive — parts were already wearing out. The tires.

“If somebody looked at me and said, Mr. Semel, you are going to love this car but in about 7,000 miles you will have to pay 1,400 or 1,500 dollars to replace the tires, I wouldn’t have bought the car,” Semel said.

More savings from Joe Biden and the gang, but soon you will either be forced to buy an EV or take public transportation.

And no, voting won't save you. Do you really think the GOP will wave you?

:auiqs.jpg:

A "stick" you say. How do you know it is not a twig, rather than merely a stick?
tumblr_lhvcm3Xvg71qbdyu5o1_500.gif

“I’ve always driven combustion engines and I thought it was time to try to save the planet,” Semel said.

Wants to save the planet...

“If somebody looked at me and said, Mr. Semel, you are going to love this car but in about 7,000 miles you will have to pay 1,400 or 1,500 dollars to replace the tires, I wouldn’t have bought the car,” Semel said.

Well, hey...never mind...to hell with the planet.

Heh heh heh. Participating in coercion is all fun and games until the consequence of participation rears its ugly head.

These are not serious people...

Someone in my family HAD a 2018 chevy Volt hybrid that he owed $10k on

The batteries totally failed at 108,000 miles and the cost of replacement was more he owed

So it basically became scrap metal worth $500

Unfortunately your relative needs to bring his car to a EV garage, so they can remove some of the bad batteries or modules, or do a replacement of some of them. Usually removing the bad batteries will do the trick for relatively very little money. Battery failure usually doesn't mean the entire battery pack of 4000 cells is bad. It might just be one cell or a few dead batteries that need to be removed. After that the car will be fine. Many old used Teslas with battery problems and bought kind of cheap are fixed this way.

They did but the focus was elsewhere. EVs buyers were told that for every EV sold, millions of tons of carbon are reduced despite relying on fossil fuel to manufacture and charge the vehicle.

🤷‍♀️ Fossil fuel infrastructure was already there long before EVs were around. In the end, it's still far and away "cleaner" energy than anything that goes into making an ICE car and what comes out it's tailpipe.

Sure Jackass, you put those "Fullway" garbage tires on YOUR EV and see how far they take you! :auiqs.jpg:

As far as they will take any other car. I can't understand how spazzed people get over simple personal decisions of others simply because it seems to offend your politics.

It's incredibly stupid. There is nothing special about any of these cars other than what is noted. Some Tesla's are very high performance and will come with high performance tires which don't last as long.

It's not some conspiracy. It's something anyone who hasn't been living in a cave understands. It's something that anyone that doesn't allow their politics to control their life understands.

Someone in my family HAD a 2018 chevy Volt hybrid that he owed $10k on

The batteries totally failed at 108,000 miles and the cost of replacement was more he owed

So it basically became scrap metal worth $500

Never happened that way.

🤷‍♀️ Fossil fuel infrastructure was already there long before EVs were around. In the end, it's still far and away "cleaner" energy than anything that goes into making an ICE car and what comes out it's tailpipe.
EV's were dominant in the auto world until around the year 1909. They have always been around.

L-I EVs are working out to be duds. Terrible technology for vehicles. Sounded like a good idea but never worked out.

Unfortunately your relative needs to bring his car to a EV garage, so they can remove some of the bad batteries or modules, or do a replacement of some of them. Usually removing the bad batteries will do the trick for relatively very little money. Battery failure usually doesn't mean the entire battery pack of 4000 cells is bad. It might just be one cell or a few dead batteries that need to be removed. After that the car will be fine. Many old used Teslas with battery problems and bought kind of cheap are fixed this way.
He’s a younger person and needed transportation immediately

Maybe what you say is good advice but he is finished with EV’s

I have no reason to lie

If you love EV’s then stick your head in the sand and go back to sleep

I have no particular feelings about them either way. I just don't allow politics to lead me around by the nose.

Very, very, very few Volt batteries have failed.

I have no particular feelings about them either way. I just don't allow politics to lead me around by the nose.

Very, very, very few Volt batteries have failed.
One is all it took to change him from EV’s to ICE

Forum List

Back