Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

You're joking, right? :lol: How does saying "it's not a leftist thing" and it's not a fad have anything whatsoever to do with your reply?

And please point out where I said restaurants should be all about me. Did you assume that I agree with the vegans in the article? Well, you know what they say about people who assume.

I don't demand business owners to do anything, what I do is vote with my pocketbook. If a restaurant has vegan options, I'll go there, if they don't, that's fine, I most likely will go somewhere and be supportive of those that do. Is that such a bad thing?
No, that would be fine, why not? The problem as reported in the OP was that vegans were going there and then complaining nonstop.

No, that would be fine, why not? The problem as reported in the OP was that vegans were going there and then complaining nonstop.

Yes, that's why I said post #135 was barking up the wrong tree. But that's OK. I'm used to the hostility and misapplied anger at this point. Comes with the territory. :lol:

That's just it it's not a huge drain on any restaurant to offer vegetarian or vegan options. These places already serve all kinds of non meat items. I have never been to any restaurant that serves meat and only meat with no other vegetable or grain items. Have you?

Why not try to capture more of a customer base?
Vegan options are a big drag. The cooks need to be trained to prepare them, the wait staff need to be trained to handle them and different items need to be ordered. More time spent, more items ordered, and more money spent on a low-volume item.

Neither do I neither do most vegans

you just have a penchant for using an extremely broad brush

No, most of the vegans YOU hang out with don't. My experience, and the experience of most others here, is the opposite.

Thank you for using common sense and logic rather than knee-jerk emotion. :thup:

While the restaurant owner can do what he wants, you are absolutely right that it's an idiotic business decision.

Veganism is growing steadily worldwide, but especially in Britain.

Read it and weep, anti-vegans. ;)

So long as you don't demand we change to suit you, we could care less. Eat all the vegan options you have. It doesn't bother me one bit. Just don't preach to me about what I eat.

The medical evidence disagrees with you.

Quite the contrary. My cardiologist is Mayo Clinic, and is quite advanced in his research. There is precious little evidence of any vegies helping to lower anything. Garlic though, garlic has some pretty amazing properties. I eat a LOT of garlic because of that.

It's not a leftist thing. And it's not a fad. Vegetarians have existed since the beginning, and veganism is a steadily growing movement. The reason it has become more popular in recent years is because of the internet, now what's been happening behind closed doors is no longer as hidden. Not only is is not a fad, it's the future, according to the bible (Isaiah 11:6-9, Isaiah 65:25, Hosea 2:18, etc.)
Veganism is a symptom of affluence. Poor people eat anything they can get.

Veganism is a symptom of affluence. Poor people eat anything they can get.

I'd say starving people eat anything they can get. But I know plenty of vegans who don't have much money. One doesn't need to be affluent to be vegan because really, some of the cheapest foods out there are vegan. Rice and beans, potatoes, oats, veggies, pasta, to name a few. What can be expensive are the processed "alternative" vegan foods like vegan frozen pizza, faux meats, vegan cheeses and stuff like that. But those things aren't necessary, lol.

All business owners should have this kind of backbone.

“Please, vegans, It is not a given that we should adapt our menu to suit your preference,” the owners wrote. “If you want vegan food, go to a vegan restaurant…which incidentally if I went to one and asked for a steak I wouldn’t get one, nor would I expect to.

“You have chosen your lifestyle, it’s not a medical condition that you’ve been forced to endure through no fault of your own. Your choice does not fit with our style of cooking. We respect your choice, and expect that you respect ours.”

V Is For Vendetta Against Vegans

It is a proven fact that eating meat produces courage. That's why the British soldiers with the most important duty, guarding Buckingham Palace, are called "Beefeaters." That's why the only Hindu caste allowed to eat meat was the military caste. That's why the lower Hindu castes were easily kept in oppression, poverty, and listlessness, because the rulers' imposed superstition wouldn't allow them to eat meat.

Why this effect? Because Nature has a way of reinforcing itself. For most of human history, it took a lot of courage to kill wild animals. Our own ruling caste is motivated towards pushing Veganism, or at least to tolerating this vicious cult, because it lives in fear of bravery rising from below them.

V Is For Vendetta Against Vegans

It is a proven fact that eating meat produces courage. That's why the British soldiers with the most important duty, guarding Buckingham Palace, are called "Beefeaters." That's why the only Hindu caste allowed to eat meat was the military caste. That's why the lower Hindu castes were easily kept in oppression, poverty, and listlessness, because the rulers' imposed superstition wouldn't allow them to eat meat.

Why this effect? Because Nature has a way of reinforcing itself. For most of human history, it took a lot of courage to kill wild animals. Our own ruling caste is motivated towards pushing Veganism, or at least to tolerating this vicious cult, because it lives in fear of bravery rising from below them.

There's nothing courageous about bullying and killing an innocent, defenseless being. In fact, the opposite is true. It's a cowardly thing to pick on someone not your own size. What is courageous is to go against 99% of the world and protect and defend the innocent, defenseless and vulnerable... who have just as much right to be here on this earth as you do.

There's nothing courageous about bullying and killing an innocent, defenseless being. In fact, the opposite is true. It's a cowardly thing to pick on someone not your own size. What is courageous is to go against 99% of the world and protect and defend the innocent, defenseless and vulnerable... who have just as much right to be here on this earth as you do.
Nickelodeon Takes Slugs

You've been watching too many talking-animal cartoons.

That's true now. Wasn't true back in the day. What is undeniable is that warriors on a meat diet can fight longer, harder, and can continue to do so for weeks on end. The Mongols never numbered that many, but they could fight for 12 hours. Ride for 5 hours. Rest, and then fight for 12 hours the next day. The chinese couldn't.

Nor could the europeans when they met up with them. That's how the legend of the "Mongol Horde" was begun. The europeans couldn't believe that an army could fight one place, then march 50 miles, and fight again the next day.

Forum List

Back