Tired of Whining Vegans, Restaurant Owner Drops All Vegan Items from Menu

Immaterial.
They want everyone to treat their choice the same as gluten free, which is not a choice.
No they don't

Most vegans do so for ethical reasons which have nothing to do with gluten.

and as I said Celiacs doesn't even affect 1% of the population. So most people who want gluten free don't have a medical reason for it

For the ones who complain it probably is.

And Kosher restaurants are implicitly Kosher, and thus only do meat or non meat.

Kosher isn't weird at all, and the rules are far more easy to figure out than the whole vegan/vegetarian/paleo/raw/whatever shit going on these days.
Yup.

Vegans are notorious.

There are plenty of hot meatless entrees that can be prepared from what all restaurants have on hand

But why should they do it if there is little demand?

When I was much younger I used to drive a catering truck. You learn to carry items most people will buy. When an item is sitting in your truck for weeks and you end up throwing it away, you stop carrying the item because you can use that space to carry a product people will buy.

One of my employers was Jewish. Now and then he'd buy lunch at a Burger King for the office because it was only a few doors away and you can specify what you want on the burger. He'd always order a Whopper with no meat. He didn't expect (or demand) that Burger King serve kosher food.

No they don't

Most vegans do so for ethical reasons which have nothing to do with gluten.

and as I said Celiacs doesn't even affect 1% of the population. So most people who want gluten free don't have a medical reason for it
really, because I didn't know you are sitting at the same table as us when seeing vegans ordering food?
You are at every restaurant in the nation all at the same time?
Are you Santa Clause?

But why should they do it if there is little demand?

When I was much younger I used to drive a catering truck. You learn to carry items most people will buy. When an item is sitting in your truck for weeks and you end up throwing it away, you stop carrying the item because you can use that space to carry a product people will buy.

One of my employers was Jewish. Now and then he'd buy lunch at a Burger King for the office because it was only a few doors away and you can specify what you want on the burger. He'd always order a Whopper with no meat. He didn't expect (or demand) that Burger King serve kosher food.
Because it doesn't cost them anything extra and they use more of the food stuffs they have on hand which leads to less food waste AND they make more money.

What's the big deal? A vegan tags along with some friends, eats a meal that literally costs the restaurant nothing extra to make, he has a few drinks and the restaurant makes more money

So you are no better than an animal?

Those animals have no other options. Humans do

Correct, we do have options. Your option is to go to restaurants that serve what you want to eat just like I go to restaurants that serve what I want to eat. But my reply to the poster is that animals are not humans. In the wild they hunt and eat each other. It's the way God intended.

Correct, we do have options. Your option is to go to restaurants that serve what you want to eat just like I go to restaurants that serve what I want to eat. But my reply to the poster is that animals are not humans. In the wild they hunt and eat each other. It's the way God intended.
You don't live in the wild do you?

And as I said ALL restaurants already serve non meat foods so in reality they all already do serve what vegans eat.

This "argument" is pathetic on any level.
Not at all - plants are living, breathing, HIGHLY sensitive organisms.
And it is simply a LIE.
Not at all - see above.
PLANTS ARENT AWARE.
Plants are INCREDIBLY aware.
Plants aren't sentient.
They live, they breathe, they shriek when under attack.

Maybe you should leave them alone?
Plants do NOT feel pain.
False.
Your silly justification for the abuse of a sentient being is "well, you're eatating a PLANT."
If you want to cause plants to shriek in terror and pain when butchered and killed, be my guest.

But don't pretend you're high and mighty and moral.
The ridiculousness of this "argument" only shows you're trying to defend the indefensible.
Mulch is MURDER!!!!
You're using the abortionist tactic, "that's not a BABY, it's no different that a TUMOR"
Free the carrots!!!!

No peace until no peas!!!!!!!!

:)

Not at all - plants are living, breathing, HIGHLY sensitive organisms.

Not at all - see above.

Plants are INCREDIBLY aware.

They live, they breathe, they shriek when under attack.

Maybe you should leave them alone?

False.

If you want to cause plants to shriek in terror and pain when butchered and killed, be my guest.

But don't pretend you're high and mighty and moral.

Mulch is MURDER!!!!

Free the carrots!!!!

No peace until no peas!!!!!!!!

:)

Woah....
Vegan is different than vegetarian....big difference.
Vegan is without any animal products whatsoever....no butter, eggs, gelatin, and etc. And you can't use organic either because manure is used to fertilize organic vegetables. Lots of things go into vegan.

Vegetarian is easy enough....Vegan is tricky. I am a trained Chef....and I'd have a very difficult time pulling off vegan in my bakery.
Yeah - it's a nightmare.

Because it doesn't cost them anything extra and they use more of the food stuffs they have on hand which leads to less food waste AND they make more money.

What's the big deal? A vegan tags along with some friends, eats a meal that literally costs the restaurant nothing extra to make, he has a few drinks and the restaurant makes more money

If there was any truth to that all restaurants would serve that stuff. You don't understand business. Business looks at every square foot of their warehouse costs money. When we did inventory, the business would throw away perfectly good things we didn't rent or sell because that space could be used for items we were renting and selling. They see that as a loss.

A kitchen is only so big. The most profitable way to use that space is for every shelf, refrigerator and freezer be used for things they sell. If the item sits there for weeks or months, it's taking space for items that the business could be selling.

Forum List

Back