Time Travel

There has been debate that UFO sightings could be linked to time travel from the future. With many of the sightings that have been reported (including the 1997 Phoenix mass sighting), in virtually all cases, there have been no landings. This bit of evidence would indicate that the sightings were likely linked to time travel instead of extraterrestrial life.

Personally, until there is concrete evidence I have my doubts.

Let's challenge the idea that UFO's come from other planets, galaxies, and solar systems. TET's Time Travel explanation does not argue that this couldn't happen, but rather that the majority of the UFO sightings on earth are actually sightings of time machines that came from another era on earth.

UFO Time Travel

earth of a different universe maybe

There is NO mathematical proof that time ONLY travels in one direction.

There IS evidence to support the notion that CAUSE PROCEDES EFFECT is not always the case.

And it if it not ALWAYS the case, then it is entirely possible that everything we think we intuitively know about TIME is an illusion.

Time travel and travelers are the least interesting part of that possibility.

Time is nothing but a measurement of entropy; entropy always increases with time.

AGreed.

Ergo - time only moves in a forwardly direction.

NOT ergo...possibly true.

You've just made a statement that you cannot prove about time andentropy.

It looks right but it is based on Newtonian physics...which ceases to work as a viable model of physic at the macro and micro levels.

Is a photon a wave or a particle?

What is a black hole?

Now these are viable questions tio ask oneself (and realize we do not KNOW for sure) when one is thinking about time because they put into play the questions about cause and effect and C&A IS all about time being linear in one direction.

No, not true - we do have information about time and know many things about it. We still have more to learn.

We just do not KNOW the answer here.

We only know what it feels like to us.

You've just made a statement that you cannot prove about time andentropy.

It looks right but it is based on Newtonian physics...which ceases to work as a viable model of physic at the macro and micro levels.

Is a photon a wave or a particle?

What is a black hole?

Now these are viable questions tio ask oneself (and realize we do not KNOW for sure) when one is thinking about time because they put into play the questions about cause and effect and C&A IS all about time being linear in one direction.

No, not true - we do have information about time and know many things about it. We still have more to learn.

We just do not KNOW the answer here.

We only know what it feels like to us.

We know bits and pieces - certainly not "nothing."

Once again, it is not my intention to "prove" anything - merely offering my synopses of what I believe.

Time absolutely does not EVER run backwards - It's a fact. I don't have time to address that right here, nor do I believe it to be necessary to my point.

The whole idea of reversing time is pointless anyway.

If I failed a test this morning and I decided to reverse time in order to pass it - I would lose all the answers on my backwards journey and fail the test again.

In order for a true reversal of time - I would have to reverse ALL TIME, throughout the known universe. Even if that were possible, how would I be able to know that it was accomplished? I wouldn't - there would be no frame of reference.

What is a black hole?

A black hole is a massive object that cannot sustain itself against its own gravity. It collapses into a singularity and continues to contain the same mass, but with zero size.

Is there another answer?

Actually yes - there are "primordial" black holes that were formed by extreme conditions in the early formation of the universe. These are much smaller and can succumb to death my exploding into a white hole ... due to "hawking" radiation.

Also, some black holes do not contain "singularities" and are generally considered to be connected to another black hole in a different point of space and time via a wormhole.

Bunch of other stuff that I do not have time to address, but you get the point.

Last edited:
Time is nothing but a measurement of entropy; entropy always increases with time.

Ergo - time only moves in a forwardly direction.

Well which is it? The universe is either causal, or it is not.

btw, If you run your sig video backwards, the ice cream bars are manufacturing the machine.

I believe what you are implying, is that in order to time-travel, you need to reverse time.

That would not be the case. Time always goes forward, not back. When you are traveling back through time, what you are really doing is to go forward in your own time, in order to enter a portal that leads to a past light-cone. During this process you are moving in a continually forward direction that leads to a "fork" in time.

Because of time now having a separate river - nothing that you do in the past light-cone that you are visiting will effect you in whatever time you are presently in.

Even if you were to accidentally run over and kill yourself, you would still remain, unchanged, in spite of killing yourself. The difference would be that now, in this separate river of time, the younger version of yourself would cease to exist.

Bother versions of the "fork" are equally "real" and they have no baring on each other. Even if one version of the universe were to re-collapse and the other were to die a frozen death of expansion.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Again, this is simply my personal hypotheses and is not anywhere near ready to be tested ~

Maybe a fork, maybe a U-turn.

As an aside note, at the quantum level, Richard Feynman showed that going backwards in time was mathematically necessary to explain certain observable cyclotron experiments.

Of course, I am much larger than a positron, so I will have to fly United Airlines or rent a Delorean.

Last edited:
Well which is it? The universe is either causal, or it is not.

btw, If you run your sig video backwards, the ice cream bars are manufacturing the machine.

I believe what you are implying, is that in order to time-travel, you need to reverse time.

That would not be the case. Time always goes forward, not back. When you are traveling back through time, what you are really doing is to go forward in your own time, in order to enter a portal that leads to a past light-cone. During this process you are moving in a continually forward direction that leads to a "fork" in time.

Because of time now having a separate river - nothing that you do in the past light-cone that you are visiting will effect you in whatever time you are presently in.

Even if you were to accidentally run over and kill yourself, you would still remain, unchanged, in spite of killing yourself. The difference would be that now, in this separate river of time, the younger version of yourself would cease to exist.

Bother versions of the "fork" are equally "real" and they have no baring on each other. Even if one version of the universe were to re-collapse and the other were to die a frozen death of expansion.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Again, this is simply my personal hypotheses and is not anywhere near ready to be tested ~

Maybe a fork, maybe a U-turn.

As an aside note, at the quantum level, Richard Feynman showed that going backwards in time was mathematically necessary to explain certain observable cyclotron experiments.

Of course, I am much larger than a positron, so I will have to fly United Airlines or rent a Delorean.

And I just flew back in time and can tell you all that you need to change your underwear!!! It's one hell of a bumpy ride.

Forum List

Back