Time To Renew The Golden Fleece Award

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
Why is so much tax money wasted on the military?
“The Democrats in Congress increased the military budget beyond what even Trump had asked for,” Cockburn said. “And again this year, they increased the budget beyond what Biden had asked for. You have to consider who the real electorate is. On important matters, the electorate isn’t you and me going to the polls. The real electorate are the major corporations, the major donors, the Wall Street banks. They are the people who call the shots on important matters. And the important matters to them was to pour more money into their pockets as opposed to wussy stuff like universal pre-K and negotiating drug prices. The only ones who care about that are the people.”

“Once you see the system for what it is, it is quite easy to see why they waived through a $778 billion defense budget and balked at spending actually less money over the long term on what people actually need.”

Sense Is Excluded From Statism

Don't complain if you don't believe in my suggestion that taxpayers deserve to indicate on their tax forms what percentage of what they pay will go to each department.

Second suggestion: that the military practice economic engineering by training people for civilian jobs. My brother-in-law learned his trade in the Seabees and has made a comfortable living every since.

Yeah, it should go to Biden, Piglosi, Schumer and the rest of the democrats for the approx 5T that they have STOLEN over the past two years.

We've been in a spiral for decades. In the Cold War if you didn't vote for increases in military funding you were a Commie. Conservatives would want more and more to stop the dominos and the Dems had to go along. In the more recent past you had to show you were strong on fighting terrorism and supporting our boys in the military so the spiral continued.

We've been in a spiral for decades. In the Cold War if you didn't vote for increases in military funding you were a Commie. Conservatives would want more and more to stop the dominos and the Dems had to go along. In the more recent past you had to show you were strong on fighting terrorism and supporting our boys in the military so the spiral continued.
That's certainly how it's been portrayed by the duopoly and mainstream media. But my title question was rhetorical (Sorry!). The answer was provided:
“Once you see the system for what it is, it is quite easy to see why they waived through a $778 billion defense budget and balked at spending actually less money over the long term on what people actually need.”
{ --More-- }
They pay no attention to us voters because we simply can't compete with the MIC's ability to provide/remove campaign financing and long term contracts. We elect them, then they go straight to work for the war industry and forget about us. We tell ourselves it must somehow be in our collective interest. It's not. We pay the taxes and supply the cannon fodder. That's all they require from us. Why are we talking about possibly going to war with Putin? Because the MIC endlessly needs more bombs, guns to give away, funding for resupply... 800 bases.. SSDD. Waste. We need to get busy banging pots and pans until every congress critter is a dependent employee of We The People instead.

They pay no attention to us voters because we simply can't compete with the MIC's ability to provide/remove campaign financing and long term contracts. We elect them, then they go straight to work for the war industry and forget about us.
We don't want to fund campaigns and then we're surprised that other pipers are calling the tune? We're fools and we get exactly what we pay for. And we're surprised every time????

We don't want to fund campaigns and then we're surprised that other pipers are calling the tune? We're fools and we get exactly what we pay for. And we're surprised every time????
Pretty sure I didn't stutter.

You're saying my one-sentence description of the 50s through the 70s was not complete? Imagine that.
WTF are you babbling about. You said, "Conservatives would want more and more to stop the dominos and the Dems had to go along." I just provided one, of many, example that contradicts your statement. If you don't want to be called out, don't lie.

If you're like Ralph Nader, the solution is to gather a group of activists focused upon one area of the problem and start chipping away.. He and his followers have proven that works time and again. But it's endless, sophisticated, and too often unpaid, thankless work. Let Ralph do it, I'm too old ;) But I can still march around a bit and bang some pots and pans together :springbed:

Okay, I won't complain. Non sequitur nonetheless.
The Best Defense Is a Good Offense

Nonsense. You'd feel a lot better if you could allot 0% of your tax liability to the Defense Department. Since you obviously have only a superficial knowledge of logic, I need to point out that I myself have no problem with what we pay for defense.

So, we are to assume that republic pols wanted less?

And for bonus points which US Senator awarded the Golden Fleece Award?

Pretty soon they will all need new skirts.

So, we are to assume that republic pols wanted less?

And for bonus points which US Senator awarded the Golden Fleece Award?
IIRC, the answers you seek are within the linked text. You didn't read it?

Forum List

Back