Time to leave

Without trolling, personal attacks, and, off topic comments this place would mostly be punctuation. All the best to you, but almost forums are this way.

Only way around it is to pass free time with like minded folks on platforms that are specific to a common cause/goal.

But then it ends up turning into an echo chamber and you end up preaching to the choir.

That happened to me back in the day concerning civil asset forfeiture. :lol:

The thing about preaching to a choir, particularly in an echo chamber, and usually with like minded folks on platforms, is.. you're interrupting their singing. That's just being rude!
The swan song (ancient Greek: κύκνειον ᾆσμα; Latin: carmen cygni) is a metaphorical phrase for a final gesture, effort, or performance given just before death or retirement. The phrase refers to an ancient belief that swans sing a beautiful song just before their death, having been silent (or alternatively, not so musical) during most of their lifetime. This belief, whose basis in actuality is long-debated, had become proverbial in ancient Greece by the 5th to the 3rd century BC and was reiterated many times in later Western poetry and art.

Last edited:
Without trolling, personal attacks, and, off topic comments this place would mostly be punctuation.
I think you might enjoy my grammar Nazi forum, as some of the discussions can become quite rousing. The subject of split infinitives, in particular, can generate much heated debate. In fact, one discussion about the opening voice over to the original Star Trek series is now running 127 pages and counting.

I've been attacked personally. People who do that are just too dumb to take seriously, so I just let them wallow in their ignorance and move on.

Without some emotion, though, a discussion can become kind of sterile and boring.

The emotion can be great, and the accompanying insults hilarious. If it’s focused on the contentious issue at hand.:twirl:

But the other stuff is about the troll having a hard on for certain posters, for whatever reason. And it’s relentless, tedious, and not even funny.

I get a hard on for certain posters.

why do you think I'm always so nice to you, anyway?

I've been attacked personally. People who do that are just too dumb to take seriously, so I just let them wallow in their ignorance and move on.

Without some emotion, though, a discussion can become kind of sterile and boring.

The emotion can be great, and the accompanying insults hilarious. If it’s focused on the contentious issue at hand.:twirl:

But the other stuff is about the troll having a hard on for certain posters, for whatever reason. And it’s relentless, tedious, and not even funny.

You weren’t thinking of being nasty to me, were you? :4_13_65:

I'm more prone to saying hey man, you know, we can just take it to the bull ring if'n you wanna.

our safe word is the same as always, right?

I think so.:cool:

I've only had to use it three or four times in the past, but it still helps to be prepared

I've only had to use it three or four times in the past, but it still helps to be prepared

You have my word.

Without trolling, personal attacks, and, off topic comments this place would mostly be punctuation. All the best to you, but almost forums are this way.

Only way around it is to pass free time with like minded folks on platforms that are specific to a common cause/goal.

But then it ends up turning into an echo chamber and you end up preaching to the choir.
I don't mind slugging it out. I'm not here to be in an echo chamber.
Sad to lose SunsetTommy..I liked that dude.

Without trolling, personal attacks, and, off topic comments this place would mostly be punctuation.
I think you might enjoy my grammar Nazi forum, as some of the discussions can become quite rousing. The subject of split infinitives, in particular, can generate much heated debate. In fact, one discussion about the opening voice over to the original Star Trek series is now running 127 pages and counting.
Is that you, Ms. Brooks?

I don't mind slugging it out. I'm not here to be in an echo chamber.
Sad to lose SunsetTommy..I liked that dude.

He might stay now.

We all want to be loved. Don’t we?

:drills:

He might stay now.

We all want to be loved. Don’t we?

:drills:

Ha. Exactly. A lot of times, whenever I see a train wreck of a thread and everybody is calling each other a dirty, rotten, filthy, stinking scoundrel, I'll just chime in and ask what's love got to do with it. I do not know if I should put a question mark there, because it's more of a sentence, not a question, in this context. And they chased OL off, so now we don't even have an English teacher around anymore. Pffft.

Anyway. It's not like I just say it for no reason. Sheesh. Good point, mindful.

Last edited:
Hello friends and foe,

I have decided it is time for me to leave, because I prefer another forum, where blatant trolling and numerous personal attacks are strongly moderated. I grew tired of it here, decided to move on to a forum, where moderation doesn't let it destroy threads, the offender gets moderated.

I had to leave as I was starting to get more snotty in my replies which is another reason to leave, having to deal with the chronic trolling and stupid behavior of members who don't intend to discuss the topic, made me lose focus on why I am here. Sooo tired of the stupid partisan thinking and the blatant trolling here, the refusal of members staying on topic was the last straw for me, the off topic rules are not getting enforced much, I feel that I am just wasting my time here.

I prefer real point/counterpoint discussions on any topic, not finding it much here. I have in recent weeks pointed out how many members don't address my Post one articles, they attack the writer, the publisher while ignoring the content of the article. I consider that as a bad habit this forum has developed, which is yet another reason why I have decided to leave.

Two of my PM's to the Mods have been completely ignored, one was a suggestion (May 12) to create a resource section in the forum, which has been done elsewhere to success.

Thank you for the laughs, and the many positive reactions I have received in the two years I have been here. I learned all the while.

Kudos to Moderator Coyote, who often disagree with me, but always civil and tries to carry on a discussion, which forces me to try harder to respond in kind the same way, wish a lot more people can do that here, but alas....., I consider him the BEST of the democrats in the forum, nearly the ONLY one I can argue while staying reasonably calm and civil the whole time.

Kudos for PoliticalChic interesting long posts makes me look forward for more.

Kudos for Cruiserfranks many thanks given, appreciated it.

Kudos to billy_bob many thanks given, appreciate it too.

There is a lot I can say about how poorly this place are being handled by the mostly absente owner, and the undersized Moderation team who doesn't have an everyday Administrator to support them. The trolling and off topic behavior are not getting addressed in time, too many threads damaged early, which turns off part of the membership, it certainly cooled my forum interest here.

Well that is about it.

Not going to respond to the inevitable, even snotty bashing over this post, it would help me leave more easily....

Cheers,

Thomas
Sunsettommy, I thank you for posting your reasons for deciding to leave but I DO relate and because of that I also belong to another board that offers just what you are seeking. Moderation is top-notch and threads or snarky language or trolling are strictly prohibited and enforced and there is no abuse of moderators allowed. You don't even see them and they don't post. All posters there are adults and play by the rules. One warning, then another one, you are banned permanently. These are serious folks who are willing to pay a fee to belong.

I have belonged to USMB for over ten years as it can be both fun and an interesting place to be, for me. Most of these posters are totally talented in their own way and I can love and appreciate their humor. I don't post often in any day as I choose the threads that are unlike those you mention as your reasons for leaving. I like the variety here.

I wish you would just take a time-out for a while and then decide whether you wish to leave for good? I like you and your style of posting very much and I feel others do too. :smiliehug:

one way to look at it, Tommy, is that if people who believe in our country leave, those who don't have won. Their very agenda is to eliminate the notion of national sovereignty and impose their ideology that demands absolute conformity and absolute governmental control of the individual.

Sure, its a trifling thing when placed in the context of a discussion board, but multiply that by the millions and millions of times people are knuckling under to the leftist brownshirts and it is a real problem

Last edited:
Hello friends and foe,

I have decided it is time for me to leave, because I prefer another forum, where blatant trolling and numerous personal attacks are strongly moderated. I grew tired of it here, decided to move on to a forum, where moderation doesn't let it destroy threads, the offender gets moderated.

I had to leave as I was starting to get more snotty in my replies which is another reason to leave, having to deal with the chronic trolling and stupid behavior of members who don't intend to discuss the topic, made me lose focus on why I am here. Sooo tired of the stupid partisan thinking and the blatant trolling here, the refusal of members staying on topic was the last straw for me, the off topic rules are not getting enforced much, I feel that I am just wasting my time here.

I prefer real point/counterpoint discussions on any topic, not finding it much here. I have in recent weeks pointed out how many members don't address my Post one articles, they attack the writer, the publisher while ignoring the content of the article. I consider that as a bad habit this forum has developed, which is yet another reason why I have decided to leave.

Two of my PM's to the Mods have been completely ignored, one was a suggestion (May 12) to create a resource section in the forum, which has been done elsewhere to success.

Thank you for the laughs, and the many positive reactions I have received in the two years I have been here. I learned all the while.

Kudos to Moderator Coyote, who often disagree with me, but always civil and tries to carry on a discussion, which forces me to try harder to respond in kind the same way, wish a lot more people can do that here, but alas....., I consider him the BEST of the democrats in the forum, nearly the ONLY one I can argue while staying reasonably calm and civil the whole time.

There is a lot I can say about how poorly this place are being handled by the mostly absente owner, and the undersized Moderation team who doesn't have an everyday Administrator to support them. The trolling and off topic behavior are not getting addressed in time, too many threads damaged early, which turns off part of the membership, it certainly cooled my forum interest here.

Well that is about it.

Not going to respond to the inevitable, even snotty bashing over this post, it would help me leave more easily....

Cheers,

Thomas
Good luck. See you in a week...lol

Your exact reasons why I left my old dump. My Lord. This place is like kittygarden compared to where I hung out.

It was a mosh pit with rusty razor blades hanging out of our shoes and teeth marks everywhere. You were unique there if you lasted past post 100. The Flame Zone here is rated G to me.

My only complaint is no matter how hard I try, half my threads are bounced or merged

Hello friends and foe,

Well that is about it.

Cheers,

Thomas
Sunsettommy, I thank you for posting your reasons for deciding to leave but I DO relate and because of that I also belong to another board that offers just what you are seeking. Moderation is top-notch and threads or snarky language or trolling are strictly prohibited and enforced and there is no abuse of moderators allowed. You don't even see them and they don't post. All posters there are adults and play by the rules. One warning, then another one, you are banned permanently. These are serious folks who are willing to pay a fee to belong.

I have belonged to USMB for over ten years as it can be both fun and an interesting place to be, for me. Most of these posters are totally talented in their own way and I can love and appreciate their humor. I don't post often in any day as I choose the threads that are unlike those you mention as your reasons for leaving. I like the variety here.

I wish you would just take a time-out for a while and then decide whether you wish to leave for good? I like you and your style of posting very much and I feel others do too. :smiliehug:
Please don't leave. You're the only one who Likes my posts here. What will I do?

Forum List

Back