Time To Get Rid of the Presidential Pardon

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
As election season '24 starts to heat up, you'll hear President's talking about getting tough on crime. social issues, and job creation. Three areas where the President has minimal impact if any at all. Otherwise, we'd have little crime, a stable congenial society, and more jobs than we knew what to do with.

One area where the President could actually weigh in with some impact is to start the process to give away the power of the pardon for federal crimes. It would take a constitutional amendment of course. The President could get the ball rolling though.

We still need a pardon because the system can get it wrong. But one person should not have the ability to simply overturn a jury decision, a judge's sentence, and as we saw recently, dangle the pardon as a reward for patronage.

I prefer a three judge panel made of Supreme Court justices to consider pardons. Let it rotate between the second, fifth, and seventh most recent appointees. The President can weigh in just like anyone else if they wish to spend the political capital. Most won't.

As election season '24 starts to heat up, you'll hear President's talking about getting tough on crime. social issues, and job creation. Three areas where the President has minimal impact if any at all. Otherwise, we'd have little crime, a stable congenial society, and more jobs than we knew what to do with.

One area where the President could actually weigh in with some impact is to start the process to give away the power of the pardon for federal crimes. It would take a constitutional amendment of course. The President could get the ball rolling though.

We still need a pardon because the system can get it wrong. But one person should not have the ability to simply overturn a jury decision, a judge's sentence, and as we saw recently, dangle the pardon as a reward for patronage.

I prefer a three judge panel made of Supreme Court justices to consider pardons. Let it rotate between the second, fifth, and seventh most recent appointees. The President can weigh in just like anyone else if they wish to spend the political capital. Most won't.
Yes, please do, when Hunter Biden goes to jail for tax fraud charges, lying on a federal weapons form, and doing illicit drugs while selling his fathers name to China and Ukraine, no presidential pardon for his sorry ass...

As it stands now I don't want the Supreme Court doing anything further.

They're pretty much a criminal organization at this point.
You didnt say that when they authorized millions of black babies to be executed in or out of the womb. Why do you hate them now, when they will keep alive many of those babies that might grow up and be a hell of a lot smarter than you?

Wow, the left calls the Supreme Court a "criminal organization" because they struck down a bad decision that used an invented concept of privacy that did not exist in the Constitution as an excuse to kill millions of unborn children and a few newborns. If anything, the democrat party comes closer to a criminal gang for encouraging (aiding?) the attempted assassination of a Supreme Court Judge because they were unhappy with a decision.

EePwAsVXkAAzAbH

What the fuck makes you think you know better than centuries of American leaders?

Shove a cactus up your ass and rotate it.

Ridiculous. I think they are less and less legitimate given that they are clearly a political body....but criminal? Nope.

This is why you stagger which justices would sit on the pardon panel. It would change with ever appointee.

Ridiculous. I think they are less and less legitimate given that they are clearly a political body....but criminal? Nope.

This is why you stagger which justices would sit on the pardon panel. It would change with ever appointee.
It's overwhelmingly far rightwing judges now, clearly political, as you rightly stated.

They're currently acting in a lawless manner, so criminal is an accurate description in that respect.

Get rid of the presidential pardon without giving the Supreme Court more power

Last edited:
I would have you whimpering like a Sissy Girl Nancy
It's overwhelmingly far rightwing judges now, clearly political, as you rightly stated.

They're currently acting in a lawless manner, so criminal is an accurate description in that respect.
So you do have no problem with millions of black babies killed inside or outside the womb?

A reasonable idea from the OP, even if only an idea, given the hyper-partisanship of the day.

I like that it is coming as a suggestion from a Liberal USMB commenter to Dem9crats … while Biden is in office.

Yes. Joe Biden should not be able to pardon Hunter if he is convicted — and no future Republican should be able to pardon his own criminally convicted supporters involved in Jan. 6th like activities either!

Forum List

Back