Three Meteor Showers Converge

Dekster

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2014
Free fireworks, Get your free fireworks. I just saw my first one.

Look into the night sky this weekend and see something truly incredible—three converging meteor showers. The combining force of the Delta Aquarids, Perseids, and the alpha Capricornids will create a firework display of shooting stars that will peak on the evening of Saturday, July 30, and last through the early hours of Sunday.

Is any meteor going to hit the Earth?

Because Heavens knows we need to end this shit and start anew! LOL

Free fireworks, Get your free fireworks. I just saw my first one.

Look into the night sky this weekend and see something truly incredible—three converging meteor showers. The combining force of the Delta Aquarids, Perseids, and the alpha Capricornids will create a firework display of shooting stars that will peak on the evening of Saturday, July 30, and last through the early hours of Sunday.
Cool. Hope I get to see, but supposed to be getting first real general rain in weeks. Hate to miss it, but watching for that needed rain more.

Is any meteor going to hit the Earth?

Because Heavens knows we need to end this shit and start anew! LOL
Yes, a meteor shower. Go watch the meteors, then go take a shower.

Duck and cover ...

asteroid2.jpg

We recently had one of the more interesting ones, which happens twice each year, the Taurids;
Taurid-stream1.gif

BTW, until the calendar changes a couple centuries ago, this could have been origin of some of the Halloween "superstitions".

Fall transit is a night-time event, and could have been spectacular during older times for end of October.
June-July is a daytime event and not so easily seen. Interestingly it matches with the timeline of the Tunguska Blast;

Tunguska event - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back