Three biggest RW lies about poverty

libs run our education system leftard

change the channel left-wing loser franco; Big Lib Media has fried your brain

there is more poverty now than there was under Bush; since Obama took office

OK go cry now o-bot

lol

You DID hear about the WORLD DEPRESSION Bush left him right? Did you hear about Voodoo tax rates being changed? Idiot.

We know about the recession that the Dems claim ended within 3 months of their Messiah taking office.... Yet where are the jobs? I know a guy who works delivering Pizza who is getting his part time hours cut.

there is more poverty now than there was under Bush; since Obama took office

OK go cry now o-bot

lol

You DID hear about the WORLD DEPRESSION Bush left him right? Did you hear about Voodoo tax rates being changed? Idiot.

We know about the recession that the Dems claim ended within 3 months of their Messiah taking office.... Yet where are the jobs? I know a guy who works delivering Pizza who is getting his part time hours cut.

It's the Recoveryless Recovery! All hail Obama!

The poverty rate today is about the same that it was in 1965. So much for the governments war on poverty.

There is no exit strategy for the war on poverty.
ACTUALLY, THINGS WERE GOING WELL FOR THE NONRICH UNTIL RAYGUNISM GOT IN, WITH ALL ITS STUPID BS PROPAGANDA , the only thing you dupes get. see sig pp1.

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

Now I'll admit that I'm not the smartest person in the world, But i know damned well I've never had 105% of anything.........

Booooooooooooosh is so powerful he's interfering with Obama presidency even 6 years later!

Obama has no real power, he's only the President of the USA

Last edited:
The 3 Biggest Right-Wing Lies About Poverty | Alternet

Lie #1: Economic growth reduces poverty.

Lie #2: Jobs reduce poverty.

Lie #3: Ambition cures poverty.

I hope people will read the article because, though it may not seem obvious, these actually do make sense.

They’re lies in that most on the partisan right present these solutions as ‘stand alone,’ naïve, ignorant, simplistic ‘solutions’ for complex problems.

For example:

“The best anti-poverty program,” wrote Paul Ryan, the House Budget Committee chairman, in the Wall Street Journal, “is economic growth.”

Wrong. Since the late 1970s, the economy has grown 147 percent per capita but almost nothing has trickled down. The typical American worker is earning just about what he or she earned three decades ago, adjusted for inflation.

Meanwhile, the share of Americans in poverty remains around 15 percent. That’s even higher than it was in the early 1970s.

Economic growth is indeed a good thing, and may contribute to reducing poverty – but not by itself. Other programs – such as education and training programs – are needed to address the issue of poverty, not just economic growth alone.

You don't need programs to educate and train yourself. Just a desire to do it.

But you guys are saying ambition doesnt solve the problem so we are back to square one.

Looks like Franco, smells like Franco....damn, IT IS Franco!

346q2co.jpg

The 3 Biggest Right-Wing Lies About Poverty | Alternet

Lie #2: Jobs reduce poverty.

Lie #3: Ambition cures poverty.
I hope people will read the article because, though it may not seem obvious, these actually do make sense.

Really? This is what you and your article basically said. Here's my 2 cents worth:

Myth #1: Economic growth increases poverty.

Truth: Economic growth increases prosperity. Just where did you get your MBA anyhow? Common sense tells you that when an economy prospers, the people prosper, since they as a collective make up said economy. Basic macroeconomics.

Myth #2: Jobs increase poverty.

Truth: Jobs increase economic diversity. They also encourage prosperity, they also help to increase economic productivity. Do you think someone will prosper and/or produce purely on handouts?

(I get it, I don't have a job, but hey, I can't help but notice how facile your reasoning is. Why bash job creation? In turn, why do you and your friends tell me to 'get a job' if it will only increase poverty I experience? Do you realize now how intellectually bankrupt this reasoning is?)

Myth #3: Ambition causes poverty.

Truth: My goodness gracious. Are you willing to contradict many millenniums worth of those who used ambition to prosper? So, how exactly did Henry Ford become the man synonymous with the invention of the automobile? How did Alexander the Great run roughshod over the Ancient world? Ambition.

The only thing causing poverty here is our government and a lack of ambition.

Last edited:
We have in place now, assuming it was allowed to work properly of course, an economic system that rewards people for their work ethic; their diligence in school, their perseverance in the job market, etc. Liberals believe, seriously, that *removing the incentive of being rewarded for effort* will actually make people work harder than they do now. In other words, that people will work harder when there is NO reward-based incentive. This is partially why (one of many) I believe that liberalism should be treated as a form of mental illness.

How do "Libs" run the education systems in Red States that have the poorest educational performance?

Easy the far left controls the major cities in these red states.

Then again I guess that the "Chocolate City" is number one in education right?

How do "Libs" run the education systems in Red States that have the poorest educational performance?

Easy the far left controls the major cities in these red states.

Then again I guess that the "Chocolate City" is number one in education right?

Libs in cities have control of cities. Red states are still run by Red elected officials and it is they who set the educational standards........and they ain't too high

Unlimited funding for football stadiums but no money for computers

1992-100%, dumbass.

Now it's total Pub obstruction, dingbat.

All hail Pub mindlessness and greed! Pub dupes, so gd dumb...

Lets look at Obstruction. The right controls one half of the Congress. Can anyone tell me how many bills that would have or could have created jobs that harry reed threw in the trash without even allowing the Senate to read?

Point is there is no leadership in Washington. Other presidents have had a split Congress yet still got things passed. They did it by working with the Congress, not by making a speech saying this is what I want and if congress doesn't give it to me I'll work around them.

Work with them Dumb Ass..................

1992-100%, dumbass.

Now it's total Pub obstruction, dingbat.

All hail Pub mindlessness and greed! Pub dupes, so gd dumb...

Lets look at Obstruction. The right controls one half of the Congress. Can anyone tell me how many bills that would have or could have created jobs that harry reed threw in the trash without even allowing the Senate to read?

Point is there is no leadership in Washington. Other presidents have had a split Congress yet still got things passed. They did it by working with the Congress, not by making a speech saying this is what I want and if congress doesn't give it to me I'll work around them.

Work with them Dumb Ass..................

How many Republican bills sent to the Senate have had more than 60 votes ?

That is the standard Democrats must face, why shouldn't it apply to Republicans?

Forum List

Back