THREAD CLOSURES...

The problem is threads have a life of their own.

The thread TITLE may always remain, but the discussion will ALWAYS take a turn down a path that bears little resemblance to the thread topic.

EVERY THREAD goes thru this.

Sometimes a person will have something actually relevant to the discussion and it is often better to start another thread.
Agree. If you make it to the end of page 1 still on topic, that is as rare as an honest libturd

Usually by the 6th post the monkey feces starts flying...lolol

Just a thought:
Oftentimes a thread will get shut down because there's already a thread on the topic.
Would it be possible, when shutting down a thread, to provide a link to the thread that's remaining open?
Case in point: I've read two threads which discuss the new Victoria's Secret approach, but they were both locked. I've yet to find the one which is still open...

I guess the mods are just hoping that people here will learn how to use the tools here rather than depend on them.
The threads with certain keywords are displayed when you're in the process of creating a new thread....The habitual violators of dupe threads ignore the threads listed that have the exact same topic, and post the new thread anyway....Not coincidentally, the people doing so are on the roster of the forum's biggest jackasses.

Agreed. That new feature that offers up "similar" topics as you create a thread is no doubt one of the key features aimed at by Xenforo and one of the few new features of the latest software I feel is a big success.
Well I'm seeing threads made 5 yrs ago too...lol.So that stops me now. 5 yrs would still be a double post right?

Forum List

Back