Thousands of Judges Who Broke Laws or Oaths Remained on the Bench

No doubt the Judicial system is broken in the US. And if you don't have a lot of money to pay a good lawyer you are pretty much screwed. How do you think OJ got off when it was obvious what he did. He had the money.

I once read that judges know very well that some police officers lie in court, but the judges pretend not to know, for they are themselves part of the system. They do not want to anger the police or the district attorney, lest they be removed from a particular case.

Yes, many bad judges keep their jobs for many reasons, including the fact that they have good connections with the Establishment, because of their gender, because of their ethnicity, etc.

When I hear the words "with liberty and justice for all" in the Pledge of Allegiance, I wince.

No doubt the Judicial system is broken in the US. And if you don't have a lot of money to pay a good lawyer you are pretty much screwed. How do you think OJ got off when it was obvious what he did. He had the money.

I think the way to fix the judicial system is to have laws limiting what attorneys can charge their clients. The ABA could help with that. Something else would be to set up at state expense a group of lawyers who would handle civil cases for the poor. They would not charge their clients fees, just like the public defender.

So now the judges and lawyers are bad people because they didn't play along with Trump's abuse of the judicial system thinking he could manipulate it because he is rich, white and president....??

I think the way to fix the judicial system is to have laws limiting what attorneys can charge their clients. The ABA could help with that. Something else would be to set up at state expense a group of lawyers who would handle civil cases for the poor. They would not charge their clients fees, just like the public defender.
Have you seen how much a law degree cost now?

Have you seen how much a law degree cost now?

I am sure a pretty penny. Which is why college is another one of those scams and good at ripping people off. For only 149,000 dollars you can have a certificate.lol!

So now the judges and lawyers are bad people because they didn't play along with Trump's abuse of the judicial system thinking he could manipulate it because he is rich, white and president....??

They were corrupt long before Trump.

I think that would be a step in the right direction.

Forum List

Back