Thousands of diabetics to be given soup-and-shake diet plan on NHS

"Thousands of people will be offered a soup-and-shakes weight-loss plan on the NHS to tackle the rise of type 2 diabetes.

A successful trial of the low-calorie diet and lifestyle plan has already taken place. The government said the programme will now be expanded to reach 5,000 more patients in 10 areas.

The areas rolling out the free weight-loss plan include Greater Manchester Health & Social Care partnership, Frimley Health and Care sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) and Gloucestershire STP, among others.

Bridget Turner, director of policy campaigns and improvement at Diabetes UK, said: “This is an important first step to ensure that people with type 2 diabetes can access a remission programme within the NHS and benefit from the groundbreaking findings of the Diabetes UK-funded DiRECT research.”

First world problem. Good that the NHS is taking positive action on this.

So it will become mandatory if you are diabetic in say 5 years or so.
If you dont then the "death squad" will come round to sort you out.

In the US your hospital would buy it from a warehouse and triple the price before passing it on to you. Smell that freedom mate .

I noticed you aren't denying that it might happen.

No death squad, just passive aggressive "to the back of the line you go if you don't participate" maneuvering on the part of NHS.
They give you choices. It isnt Russia you ideological clown. And poor people get choices as well. Imagie that !
but what are the consequences of not choosing correctly???
You get diabetes. Its a bad thing.
DUH!!!

whats stops them from eating more after the government spoon feeds them their soup???

What will happen is they'll add 5 or 6 scoops of ice cream to their disgusting protein shakes so they taste better

"Thousands of people will be offered a soup-and-shakes weight-loss plan on the NHS to tackle the rise of type 2 diabetes.

A successful trial of the low-calorie diet and lifestyle plan has already taken place. The government said the programme will now be expanded to reach 5,000 more patients in 10 areas.

The areas rolling out the free weight-loss plan include Greater Manchester Health & Social Care partnership, Frimley Health and Care sustainability and transformation partnership (STP) and Gloucestershire STP, among others.

Bridget Turner, director of policy campaigns and improvement at Diabetes UK, said: “This is an important first step to ensure that people with type 2 diabetes can access a remission programme within the NHS and benefit from the groundbreaking findings of the Diabetes UK-funded DiRECT research.”

In the US your hospital would buy it from a warehouse and triple the price before passing it on to you. Smell that freedom mate .

No death squad, just passive aggressive "to the back of the line you go if you don't participate" maneuvering on the part of NHS.
They give you choices. It isnt Russia you ideological clown. And poor people get choices as well. Imagie that !
DUH!!!

whats stops them from eating more after the government spoon feeds them their soup???
They get diabetes.

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.
I thought they already had it???

what does the government do???

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

These suggested diets are not new. I had a friend who controlled it through diet a few years ago. He just adjusted what he was eating and drinking. This sounds like a step up on that in they are being more specific. The US should take note. 90% of you are fat fuckers and need help.

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

These suggested diets are not new. I had a friend who controlled it through diet a few years ago. He just adjusted what he was eating and drinking. This sounds like a step up on that in they are being more specific. The US should take note. 90% of you are fat fuckers and need help.
but what happens if they refuse or after the soup they go back to eating as they did before???

will they be denied any further medical treatment???

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

Using BMI is a poor way to define obesity.

Technically I'm overweight using BMI calculations even though my body fat is 10%.

The BMI charts say i should weigh between 125 and 169 lbs with the "ideal average of 145 lbs.

I weigh 188 lbs which makes overweight and me close to "obese"

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

but what happens if they refuse or after the soup they go back to eating as they did before???

They get diabetes and are treated for it.

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

as with hate speech,,first its a no no then its jail time,,,

watch and see it will turn into denial of treatment,,,

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

Yeah, its always tomorrow with you inbreds.
In the US you are denied treatment if you dont have any money. Then you get scalped on the cost of the drugs. Come back to me when that gets sorted.

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

In the US you are denied treatment if you dont have any money. Then you get scalped on the cost of the drugs. Come back to me when that gets sorted.
you just proved you know nothing about what happens here and believe what youre told by your handlers,,,

no one is denied treatment,,,,

face it youre still mad about 1776,,you need to get over that cause it aint gonna change,,,

now on the otherhand you guys have no problem denying care to children and go to the extreme and refuse to let him go elsewhere for care,,,

And 5 years after that everyone but those in the Politburo will be classified as "diabetic."

Next, all non state-approved programming will be deemed a public health hazard and mercifully banned. Giggling ghouls like tommy-boy will be just thrilled.

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

you just proved you know nothing about what happens here and believe what youre told by your handlers,,,

face it youre still mad about 1776,,you need to get over that cause it aint gonna change,,,

now on the otherhand you guys have no problem denying care to children and go to the extreme and refuse to let him go elsewhere for care,,,

There are people on here who pay for insulin. Its a fact.

DUH!!!

They get diabetes.

There are people on here who pay for insulin. Its a fact.
whats a fact is you guys denied a child treatment and took it further by refusing to let him go elsewhere for treatment and sat there and watched him die,,,

if you will do that to a child you will do it to a fat lazy person,,,,

Forum List

Back