Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"How much of your interest and view of sports changed in the last 2-3 years?"

Thanks to COVID-19, the political arena and athlete's stance politically, protests among players, lack of dedication to their sport, and shunning fans by the governing bodies of sports, I have nearly 0% interest in sports now with MMA about the only sport remaining that I follow closely. Now I just glance at standings and news on a rare basis.

Thanks to COVID-19, the political arena and athlete's stance politically, protests among players, lack of dedication to their sport, and shunning fans by the governing bodies of sports, I have nearly 0% interest in sports now with MMA about the only sport remaining that I follow closely. Now I just glance at standings and news on a rare basis.
Vote your interest in sports

Has not changed. I do not let politics enter into every facet of my life. The only thing that changed my enjoyment was lack of fans in stadiums. I watch sports for sports. Don't really care about the politics of the participants. If you play at a high level I am interested. Same with music. Couldn't care less about the politics of a musician. Create a great sound I am interested. Ty Cobb was likely one of the meanest SOB s on the planet. I would still love to see him play.

same here.I have zero interest in my two favorite sports now.football and baseball.with football I thought i would get excited about the NFL again with the Rams coming back to LA,inititally i was the first couple of years but the game is so far more corrupt now than it was back then before they left LA that i cant stomach them anymore,they are a criminal organization.

Back in the mid 90;s when many NFL teams were leaving their cities right and left the NFL came up with guildlines that teams were suppose to follow making it much tougher for teams to leave and relocate. of the Rams,raiders,chargers and niners,the Rams were the ONLY team that followed the guideline rules,all the other three teams all violated them.WHY make rules if they are not going to follow them? :rolleyes-41: Its pathetic that people here would continue to support a criminal orgainization like this that lies and does not follow their own rules they make.:rolleyes-41: UCLA college football is all i can stomach now these days.

Baseball has been dead to me sense the mid 90;s as well when MLB baseball made it impossible for the small market teams to compete with the large market teams year in and year out and players never stay with one team anymore. baseball fans that are growing up these days never will remember like we do what it was like back in the good old days of the 70's and 80's when every team had as much a shot as going to the world series as the next guy.they think its normal for players to go from one team to another all the time. they will never know like we did what a treat it was to go to the ballpark every year knowing you would see your favorite players back every year all the time.

pro sports are so fucked up now.fuck them.

Last edited:
same here.I have zero interest in my two favorite sports now.football and baseball.with football I thought i would get excited about the NFL again with the Rams coming back to LA,inititally i was the first couple of years but the game is so far more corrupt now than it was back then before they left LA that i cant stomach them anymore,they are a criminal organization.

Back in the mid 90;s when many NFL teams were leaving their cities right and left the NFL came up with guildlines that teams were suppose to follow making it much tougher for teams to leave. of the Rams,raiders,chargers and niners,the Rams were the ONLY team that followed the guideline rules,all the other three teams all violated them.WHY make rules if they are not going to follow them? :rolleyes-41: Its pathetic that people here would continue to support a criminal orgainization like this that lies and does not follow their own rules they make.:rolleyes-41: UCLA college football is all i can stomach now these days.

Baseball has been dead to me sense the mid 90;s as well when MLB baseball made it impossible for the small market teams to compete with the large market teams year in and year out and players never stay with one team anymore. baseball fans that are growing up these days never will remember like we do what it was like back in the good old days of the 70's and 80's when every team had as much a shot as going to the world series as the next guy.they think its normal for players to go from one team to another all the time. they will never know like we did what a treat it was to go to the ballpark every year knowing you would see your favorite players back every year all the time.

pro sports are so fucked up now.fuck them.
SPOT ON! BINGO!

Only a passing interest now. Still love big events that have a back story. A soccer match in mid season is not that much of an interest any more.

My interest hasn't changed in the last few years.

I could never watch a full game of baseball. If there's a Diamondbacks game being televised when I turn on the TV in the evening and its the later innings (at least the 7th) I'm apt to watch. Occasionally I'll enjoyed listening to a ball game on the radio while preoccupied doing something else.

I never catch much college football. Sitting around on a Saturday watching TV hour after hour never was my thing.

As far as the NFL goes, I'll watch the Cardinals but with the length of commercial breaks these days I find it hard to stay awake.

Forum List

Back