Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
“Who is the cockiest pro athlete in history?”

The first name that some to my mind is Conor McGregor but I think part of his schtick is an act. Some will say Muhammad Ali but he was a showman. Now Barry Bonds? He was not only arrogant and cocky he was a real dickhead. You could make a mile long list of cocky athletes.
1618674575661.jpeg
1618674594586.jpeg
1618674751835.jpg

Who’s your pick?

Attachments

• 1618674636888.jpg
    1618674636888.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 32
John McEnroe comes to mind.
Thanks, and there was two more at the same time he played there attitude on and off the court was embarrassing . They were representing U.S.A. in matches around the world. They were just snotty spoiled brats in adult male bodies.

John McEnroe comes to mind.
Thanks, and there was two more at the same time he played there attitude on and off the court was embarrassing . They were representing U.S.A. in matches around the world. They were just snotty spoiled brats in adult male bodies.
Not exactly on-topic, but after years of stellar American males(disregarding attitude) the current ATP rankings have the top American at #30. In contrast there are 5 American women in the Top 30. What happened?

ATP Rankings
WTA Rankings

What about Babe Ruth ?
The guy would get laid and drunk before games
sometimes ...that's pretty cocky.
That is why I posted his name. That's what I have read about him .Did not mind people knowing either. Plus being able to call his home runs while at the plate.
A fascinating character. I've seen all the old footage of him ....
Muhammad Ali and him have always been heroes of mine.

What about Babe Ruth ? The guy would get laid and drunk before games
That is why I posted his name. That's what I have read about him .Did not mind people knowing either. Plus being able to call his home runs while at the plate.
I love what he said when he was asked about the fact that his salary was higher than then President Hoover(FYI, it was the beginning of the Depression). His response, "I had a better year".

“Who is the cockiest pro athlete in history?”

The first name that some to my mind is Conor McGregor but I think part of his schtick is an act. Some will say Muhammad Ali but he was a showman. Now Barry Bonds? He was not only arrogant and cocky he was a real dickhead. You could make a mile long list of cocky athletes.

Who’s your pick?

Arrogance without a track record, to me, is someone being cocky. Arrogance with a track record, to me, is someone who is bragging.

So looking at it through that prism, I think the cockiest athlete I've come across was "Prince" Naseem Hamed.

So much wrong with this guy and he could have been a really special fighter. Instead, he took advantage of his weight class and, until he met MAB..he had a pretty easy time of it. Barerra putting that jerk into a full nelson in the ring was one of the better moments in television history.

What about Babe Ruth ?
The guy would get laid and drunk before games
Yeah I think that’s the best choice.Ali is a hero of mine cause he stood up to our fascist government giving them the middle finger being brave to go to jail instead of fighting their war so they could make money,He was so right,why should he go fight the white mans war.the Vietcong never called him the N word,,just the white people in America,fuck whiteys war dollar machine to murder people.A true patriot he was.:thup:

Forum List

Back