Thoughs

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
For you who have spent some time in the nature, be it the sea, in the mountains, in the snow or deep in the forest. You know that sinking feeling in the stomach when a situation that in a minute ago was under control, fun or even exiting - how it suddenly turns bad. The little shift when nature shows it's unforgiving face and you realise how small we are.

That's the feeling you should have regarding the environment. No, it can't be fixed. Not by us. No, we can't predict the details. No one knows exactly. It's always that sign you missed that was the tell.

But what you can assume is this:
It is time to minimise our footprint. Beware of our actions. Reduce our intervention.

I don't believe for a second that we can "mend" what might have been skewed. Every time we try, something else goes wrong. Save the otter, - oh, the sea lion went extinct. Change a rivers flow to bring water here, - oh, we made a desert there. Nature is just a bit too complex. Trying to "calculate" the outcome of this or that action is futile. Take a step back, observe and gentle, humble, manoeuvering might work.

But to keep, or increase the burning of fossils, depletion of rainforests and pollution of the seas, flooring the pedal - well - that arrogance is going to be a killer for sure. And the spear that finally gets us will come as a surprise.

For you who have spent some time in the nature, be it the sea, in the mountains, in the snow or deep in the forest. You know that sinking feeling in the stomach when a situation that in a minute ago was under control, fun or even exiting - how it suddenly turns bad. The little shift when nature shows it's unforgiving face and you realise how small we are.

That's the feeling you should have regarding the environment. No, it can't be fixed. Not by us. No, we can't predict the details. No one knows exactly. It's always that sign you missed that was the tell.

But what you can assume is this:
It is time to minimise our footprint. Beware of our actions. Reduce our intervention.

I don't believe for a second that we can "mend" what might have been skewed. Every time we try, something else goes wrong. Save the otter, - oh, the sea lion went extinct. Change a rivers flow to bring water here, - oh, we made a desert there. Nature is just a bit too complex. Trying to "calculate" the outcome of this or that action is futile. Take a step back, observe and gentle, humble, manoeuvering might work.

But to keep, or increase the burning of fossils, depletion of rainforests and pollution of the seas, flooring the pedal - well - that arrogance is going to be a killer for sure. And the spear that finally gets us will come as a surprise.

Many of the actual environmental problems we face have real world, workable solutions...man made global warming, however, is a non problem..it doesn't exist...it is a political scam, bought and paid for...and none of the actual environmental problems we face will ever be addressed so long as the scam is sucking all the air out of the room and all the treasure out of the coffers...so the solution to our REAL environmental problems is to put down the scam and use the thousands of billions that it is wasting to work on addressing real, and solvable problems.

Many of the actual environmental problems we face have real world, workable solutions...man made global warming, however, is a non problem..it doesn't exist...it is a political scam, bought and paid for...and none of the actual environmental problems we face will ever be addressed so long as the scam is sucking all the air out of the room and all the treasure out of the coffers...so the solution to our REAL environmental problems is to put down the scam and use the thousands of billions that it is wasting to work on addressing real, and solvable problems.

I'm not so sure that our environment is fully aware of our political disputes and it isn't patiently waiting for our next move.

I find your optimism refreshing, you think there are solvable problems. Can you provide an example?

I'm not so sure that our environment is fully aware of our political disputes and it isn't patiently waiting for our next move.

Of course not...but the real issues will never be addressed so long as climate change and the manmade global warming scam have the bully pulpit.

I find your optimism refreshing, you think there are solvable problems. Can you provide an example?

We might start by addressing the landfill problem and associated throw away lifestyle....great strides could be made towards addressing that issue by some straight forward restrictions on packaging of consumer products.

The water issue is looming and improvements of our desalinization technology are a reachable goal...and some studies and data suggest a very large fresh water ocean (volume on the order of the arctic ocean) lies deep within the earth...perhaps a long range solution to the water issue.

Starvation in the third world...how many could be fed with the food wasted producing biofuels...just for starters...

Land management..a practically endless topic of discussion...and addressable...

Public health....

There are a large number of environmental issues that we can begin to address and eventually solve...but not so long as the primary scientific issue is in reality pseudoscience revolving around a non issue....the solution to the climate is the same as it always has been....adapt or die...the manmade warming issue is pseudoscience funded by government for the purpose of political power and control of money...nothing more.

Of course not...but the real issues will never be addressed so long as climate change and the manmade global warming scam have the bully pulpit.

We might start by addressing the landfill problem and associated throw away lifestyle....great strides could be made towards addressing that issue by some straight forward restrictions on packaging of consumer products.

The water issue is looming and improvements of our desalinization technology are a reachable goal...and some studies and data suggest a very large fresh water ocean (volume on the order of the arctic ocean) lies deep within the earth...perhaps a long range solution to the water issue.

Starvation in the third world...how many could be fed with the food wasted producing biofuels...just for starters...

Land management..a practically endless topic of discussion...and addressable...

Public health....

There are a large number of environmental issues that we can begin to address and eventually solve...but not so long as the primary scientific issue is in reality pseudoscience revolving around a non issue....the solution to the climate is the same as it always has been....adapt or die...the manmade warming issue is pseudoscience funded by government for the purpose of political power and control of money...nothing more.

Very good points. Mostly easy enough. Is global warming man-made? (Seems to be a big issue, but does it matter?) Who knows what this place would have been without us?

I believe that any effort, any idea, treaty or ambition to simply cut back our impact is worth a shot. Sadly, and less spoken of, is that when it comes to money, it gets very down-scaled or formal. I'd rather invest my e$ somewhere it would make a difference, we can do things better and smarter than any politician could imagine, only given a chance.

But everything isn't bad. Things are happening and we see efforts made, political decisions taken and a growing awareness.

I think your ideas are practical and worth pursuing, no need to wait or debate. The necessary funding will go to them who intends to do something. Not to them who says things need to be done by someone else.

Very good points. Mostly easy enough. Is global warming man-made? (Seems to be a big issue, but does it matter?) Who knows what this place would have been without us?

Here, take a look at the temperature history of the past 10,000 years derived from ice cores taken in greenland and you tell me if the present temperature looks like it might be outside the boundaries of natural variability.

cc4f6cab16.png

The necessary funding will go to them who intends to do something.

There is a finite amount of money to be spent on such issues....climate science is saying that they can solve the non problem of man made global warming for a mere 7 trillion dollars or so...personally, I think that money could be put to much better use than being flushed down the toilet on a pseudoscientific non issue.

Read this: Confusing Greenland warming vs global warming

Explains what bullshit your argument is SID.

Your idiot site completely ignores the fact that the same temperature fingerprints are visible in the antarctic ice cores as well crick....anyone who goes to skeptical science for their information is a complete moron....and anyone who references it as a credible source is in the lower percentile of those complete morons.

The fact is that it has been warmer for most of the past 10K years crick...sorry it goes against your religion, but it is true.

Lappi_Greenland_ice_core_10000yrs.jpg

Vostok-12kyr1.png

vostok-ice-core-50000.jpg

histo1.png

vostok-last-12000-years-web.gif

The stupid just never stops with you....does it? You will believe anything so long as it agrees with your political leanings and disregard anything that calls your beliefs into question.

Last edited:
I do not see +3C spikes in the Antarctic data. That would be because they aren't there. The GISP data do not represent global numbers.

Forum List

Back