Thomas Sowell, retiring from writing...writes a last column on guns and freedom...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep.....Thomas Sowell, hero of the conservative movement is retiring from writing his column...but before he goes...he defends the Right to keep and bear arms.....

Thomas Sowell commentary: History shows the folly of disarming lawful people

If someone comes at you with a knife and you pull out a gun, chances are they will stop. The only time I ever pointed a gun at a human being, it was when someone was sneaking up toward me from behind a shed in the middle of the night. I never fired a shot. I just pointed the gun at him and told him to stop. He stopped.

Actually having to shoot someone is the exception, not the rule. Yet The New York Times conjures up a vision of something like the gunfight at the OK Corral.

Concealed guns protect not only those who carry them but also those who do not. If concealed guns become widespread, then a mugger or a carjacker has no way of knowing who has one and who does not. It makes being a mugger or a carjacker a less-safe occupation. Gun control laws are in effect occupational safety laws — OSHA for burglars, muggers, carjackers and others.

The fatal fallacy of gun control laws in general is the assumption that such laws actually control guns. Criminals who disobey other laws are not likely to be stopped by gun control laws. What such laws actually do is increase the number of disarmed and defenseless victims.

My fave quote from him? It's on diversity.

"The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is.....ask them how many Republicans are in their Sociology Department".

:lol:

"The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is.....ask them how many Republicans are in their Sociology Department".

You want an affirmative action program?

You want an affirmative action program?

Nope.....neither would he.....he is just calling out the hypocrisy of you left wingers....

Forum List

Back