This Will Explode A Few Regressives Heads

I saw an interview with Trump on Hannity last night, I'm really surprised regressives haven't posted a thousand threads on it by now, screaming and cursing Trump. But since they haven't I figured what the hell.

During the interview Sean asked Trump what supreme court justices would he try to replicate if he had the opportunity to appoint one or more judges to the court. To my utter surprise he said Scalia and Thomas. Maybe this guy is more conservative than many are giving him credit for.

Your thoughts?

Canned answer for base appeal. Hil uses her super secret illegal email account to keep him up to date on probable questions and best answers.

Did I mention Trump and Thomas have been friends for years?

The last part was joke, just wanted to make sure that was clear. I'll stick by the first part. When Trumps run was a rumor I started looking at him a bit. Didn't know much but the outline, never watched The Apprentice for example. One of the first things I got on him was an interview he did with Howard Stern from YouTube, not sure how dated it was. He was funny, earthy, smart, entertaining. I thought "This guys not a complete nut like his birther rep suggests". He was likeable and I got the impression a lot more liberal than I had assumed. He's got a lot of friends, I can see why, wouldn't surprise me at all if he was friends with Thomas. I've read Thomas's autobiography and quite a bit about him. Him I don't like. I won't get started on that.

I don't know a lot about Thomas the person, but his record on the court has been pretty consistently conservative.

Yep, that's great if you're a conservative. Luckily all my notes on him are on a crashed hard drive, he's the type of subject I tend to get carried away on. That's why I said "I won't get started on that." If you ever look at him find something on his "absent while present" reputation. He went years without asking a single question from the bench. OK, not another word.

Judges have styles of their own, oral arguments are really nothing but summations of briefs already filed with the court. Maybe he felt he had all he needed in the documentation.

I saw an interview with Trump on Hannity last night, I'm really surprised regressives haven't posted a thousand threads on it by now, screaming and cursing Trump. But since they haven't I figured what the hell.

During the interview Sean asked Trump what supreme court justices would he try to replicate if he had the opportunity to appoint one or more judges to the court. To my utter surprise he said Scalia and Thomas. Maybe this guy is more conservative than many are giving him credit for.

Your thoughts?
DT is as phony as a three-dollar bill, and just as bankable...

But it does tend to counter the regressives narrative that all he wants is the power of the dear leaders pen and phone.
And it does that .... how?

Constitutional type judges like Thomas and Scalia tend to drop the hammer on presidents who stray outside their constitutional limits. But you already knew that.
Ah, I see your intent is to bullshit in your own thread. Remind me again how those "Constitutional type judges" came down on Bush for wiretapping without warrants...?

Tell me the case you're referring to and I'll take a look at it.
CNN.com - Bush says he signed NSA wiretap order - Dec 17, 2005

So you're saying it hasn't been heard by the supreme court, you do know that the court has no authority to intervene without a case before them, right?

Canned answer for base appeal. Hil uses her super secret illegal email account to keep him up to date on probable questions and best answers.

The last part was joke, just wanted to make sure that was clear. I'll stick by the first part. When Trumps run was a rumor I started looking at him a bit. Didn't know much but the outline, never watched The Apprentice for example. One of the first things I got on him was an interview he did with Howard Stern from YouTube, not sure how dated it was. He was funny, earthy, smart, entertaining. I thought "This guys not a complete nut like his birther rep suggests". He was likeable and I got the impression a lot more liberal than I had assumed. He's got a lot of friends, I can see why, wouldn't surprise me at all if he was friends with Thomas. I've read Thomas's autobiography and quite a bit about him. Him I don't like. I won't get started on that.

I don't know a lot about Thomas the person, but his record on the court has been pretty consistently conservative.

Yep, that's great if you're a conservative. Luckily all my notes on him are on a crashed hard drive, he's the type of subject I tend to get carried away on. That's why I said "I won't get started on that." If you ever look at him find something on his "absent while present" reputation. He went years without asking a single question from the bench. OK, not another word.

Judges have styles of their own, oral arguments are really nothing but summations of briefs already filed with the court. Maybe he felt he had all he needed in the documentation.

Uh huh, but over eight years of no questions seems a curious stretch of incuriosity from a Supreme Court Justice.

And it does that .... how?

Constitutional type judges like Thomas and Scalia tend to drop the hammer on presidents who stray outside their constitutional limits. But you already knew that.
Ah, I see your intent is to bullshit in your own thread. Remind me again how those "Constitutional type judges" came down on Bush for wiretapping without warrants...?

So you're saying it hasn't been heard by the supreme court, you do know that the court has no authority to intervene without a case before them, right?
Oh? What case was this Supreme Court rebuke of Obama's recess appointments?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/us/supreme-court-president-recess-appointments.html?_r=0

Uh huh, but over eight years of no questions seems a curious stretch of incuriosity from a Supreme Court Justice.

Well at least the guy is consistent. If he did that and voted like Ginsburg you wouldn't have anything to say about it, would you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/27/us/supreme-court-president-recess-appointments.html?_r=0

NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD v. NOEL CANNING ET AL.

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/12-1281_mc8p.pdf

Supreme Court Limits President's Recess Appointment Power

EDIT. Oh did I mention it was a unanimous decision.

Last edited:

Well at least the guy is consistent. If he did that and voted like Ginsburg you wouldn't have anything to say about it, would you?

Not much I suspect. Maybe a little under my breath?

The only thing Trump will be picking after November is his nose! He won't be president.

Not much I suspect. Maybe a little under my breath?

Well at least you're honest. lol

Your thoughts?

someone else told me he said that

i am not that surprised

on the other hand Cruz strongly supported Roberts as a pick

Your thoughts?

i am not that surprised

Roberts talked a hell of a game in his confirmation also, didn't live up to his promises.

Fair enough.

Regarding Bush's wiretapping: Hepting v. AT&T

Regarding trying detainees:
Hamdan v. Rumsfeld

Your thoughts?

i am not that surprised

Roberts talked a hell of a game in his confirmation also, didn't live up to his promises.

he now says it was a mistake of course

Fair enough.

Regarding Bush's wiretapping: Hepting v. AT&T

Regarding trying detainees:
Hamdan v. Rumsfeld

Hepting was dismissed by the Ninth Circut and the appeal wasn't taken up by the supreme court.

The other placed limits on a presidents war powers on US soil, and I can't say I disagree with them.

Your thoughts?

It's the primary season.

Forum List

Back