This weekend's garage sale gun finds

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Had a good weekend. I picked up a 1944 British Webley Enfield Mk 1 No 2 tanker's model pistol in .38 S&W, with a leather holster. The people that owned it were in their 70's and I asked them if they had any guns. The gentleman said he had a Webley pistol and brought it out. I asked him how much he wanted for it, and he said $10. Yes, $10. Evidently, the wife had wanted it out of the house. He also threw in a full box of Winchester 145 grain RNL ammo for it. The pistol has a little wear to the parkerized finish but it's tight and shoots well. These are bringing between $400-$500 on gunbroker.

The other find was a WW2 Type 38 Japanese Arisaka in 6.5mm Japanese. It's in all-original condition except for the chrysanthemum being ground off the receiver, as most are. I gave $50 for it, which is cheap. That make five Arisakas I have right now.

Some pics:

1found1.jpg

1found2.jpg

1found3.jpg

1found4.jpg

1found5.jpg

1found6.jpg

1found7.jpg

1found8.jpg

1found9.jpg

1found9a.jpg

1found9b.jpg

1found9c.jpg

1found9d.jpg

1found9e.jpg

Nice find. Funny thing, tomorrow I was going to go the some GS and saw one advertising an old English revolver for sale. They didn't know what kind it was.

Nice find. Funny thing, tomorrow I was going to go the some GS and saw one advertising an old English revolver for sale. They didn't know what kind it was.

If you can pick it up cheap, go for it. :biggrin:

If he wants ten bucks and it's at least as good as yours I would. My only thing is that I am torn. I have no use for any more guns. I've sold off several because they just sit there, and I'm getting too old to do that much.

Why in Hell would a Trump supporter want British & Japanese firearms?

You guys HATE everyone except Americans (that are white).

Perhaps discussing firearms is over your head. Like we didn't know that though.

If he wants ten bucks and it's at least as good as yours I would. My only thing is that I am torn. I have no use for any more guns. I've sold off several because they just sit there, and I'm getting too old to do that much.

True, I don't shoot mine as much as I used to, they sit in the gun safe or placed in spots where the wife or I might need them.

Usually when I find another one, I disassemble it completely, give it a good cleaning and oiling, then test fire it and put it away. The only one that gets shot on a regular basis is the AK or the Glock.

Last edited:

I love me some firearms; started on the .22 single shot/bolt action @ age 6; 51 years ago

I was referred to as a 'marksman' @ age 8.

I target shoot weekly. Hunting aint my bag tho'

It aint what you shoot; it's where you hit the target.

I love me some firearms; started on the .22 single shot/bolt action @ age 6; 51 years ago

So what did you find at a garage sale this weekend, Mr. Fudd?

I don't purchase bargain basement firearms

I don't purchase bargain basement firearms

Ahh, I see. So you wouldn't purchase a rare piece of British wartime history for $10 that was worth $400-$500. Or a nice piece of American WW2 history for $50 that was worth $350.

You do know that some American soldier risked his life to obtain the Japanese rifle, right? Try bringing something home from the front these days. You can't.

Come to think of it, that pistol has most likely killed several Nazis. What have you killed with your guns? Only some defenseless little animals, I'd gather.

You're such a monster.

Last edited:

That is a lie.....where has any republican ever said they hate people. You shit stains always confuse a love for legal immigration vs. illegal criminal aliens for hate.....we simply want the rule of law enforced. The real haters are you asshats.....you use and abuse minorities and only care about them one day every two years when you need them to vote you power....other than that, you discriminate against them, and treat them like crap.

Forum List

Back