This weekend have breakfast with falcons

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I think falconry is popular with the Arab royals. I wonder if hawks can be trained like falcons. I once had a hawk that hung around here for a few days. The hawk turned up its nose at raw hamburger, but sure liked Black Forest ham.

This weekend have breakfast with falcons

Filed on October 13, 2016

• cross.png

AR-161019698.jpg&MaxW=780&imageVersion=16by9&NCS_modified=20161013121331

An eclectic selection of how to make the most of your Friday and Saturday. KT recommends...

- Bernd Debusmann Jr.

Falconry has a long history in the UAE. Over time, it has evolved from a way to supplement the local diet in inhospitable conditions and help important Shaikhs meet with their people, to an expensive hobby that brings in falconers from around the world to compete for massive cash prizes. It's a crucial part of Emirati culture - so what better way than to learn about it over breakfast?

There are a number of options to get a close look at falcons in the UAE. Arabian Adventures, for example, offers four-hour long tours, in which visitors are taken to a falconry campsite in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve.

After a leisurely drive among the dunes (keep an eye out for Arabian Oryx!) visitors are taught about the various kinds of falcons and the long history of falconry as a hunting method and as a sport. They are then able to watch expert falconers display the speed and agility of their birds. This is all in addition to a delicious traditional breakfast. What more could you ask for!

Continue reading at:

This weekend have breakfast with falcons - Khaleej Times

Forum List

Back