This Site Has Been Compromised!

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
I use multiple devices to bring enriching, and thought provoking content to this discussion board. Today while using the IPhone to make a post... I was logged out.
Upon, trying to log back in; two things happened. The first was that a new page had opened itself telling me I had won some shit. (This has been an ongoing problem with this site, specifically with IPhone users).
Secondly, and most importantly; when I tried to enter my information to log back in... My phone alerted me in large red letters "site not secure". No way in he'll I'm logging back in from that device. Probably someone waiting to grab usernames and passwords, so they can make bankable posts from their account.
So if for some reason any of my other devices log me out... The board is going to be deprived of my valuable contributions until some serious fixes have taken place.
I apologize to my readers for the inconvenience, and leave you with this warning..."Of the site logs you out involuntarily, think twice before entering your password to log back in. Something is up.

PS to the mods
If posters start making wild, and bannable posts, you should consider the content of this thread before making any hasty decisions....

Last edited:
You got a bad browser deal (virus) or script and need to fix that. This site has been around since before all websites were securified, so yeah, it's not "secure". If you want to go swimming, ya gotta get a little wet.

I'm about tho embark on a massive shopping spree......as soon as I get the dozens of $1000 gift cards I have won.

I use multiple devices to bring enriching, and thought provoking content to this discussion board. Today while using the IPhone to make a post... I was logged out.
Upon, trying to log back in; two things happened. The first was that a new page had opened itself telling me I had won some shit. (This has been an ongoing problem with this site, specifically with IPhone users).
Secondly, and most importantly; when I tried to enter my information to log back in... My phone alerted me in large red letters "site not secure". No way in he'll I'm logging back in from that device. Probably someone waiting to grab usernames and passwords, so they can make bankable posts from their account.
So if for some reason any of my other devices log me out... The board is going to be deprived of my valuable contributions until some serious fixes have taken place.
I apologize to my readers for the inconvenience, and leave you with this warning..."Of the site logs you out involuntarily, think twice before entering your password to log back in. Something is up.

PS to the mods
If posters start making wild, and bannable posts, you should consider the content of this thread before making any hasty decisions....
Give me your login info and I’ll see if I can fix it

PS to the mods
That is a generous offer, and I thank you for it. But for now I think this issue needs resolving at the Admin level. But again... Thank you! And that thanks goes to all my readers, on behalf of your offers of support, and your continued readership through the years. I couldn't do it without "YOU"!
We'll get this back on track; we just need to be patient.

Last edited:
Get a good security provider, Vastator. I don't know what your politics are, but a good security provider can at least protect you wherever you go, and whatever you bring here. From all the help you're getting from the forum leftists, well, just remember how the Clinton's 'helped' people who has the slightest questioning of their doings, only they're not around to tell their side of the story. Just sayin'.

PS to the mods
That is a generous offer, and I thank you for it. But for now I think this issue needs resolving at the Admin level. But again... Thank you! And that thanks goes to all my readers, on behalf of your offers of support, and your continued readership through the years. I couldn't do it without "YOU"!

Sorry for a delay. I just saw this never got an answer. We've helped other members with similar "full page ads" on login before. As I remember, this is because wireless providers have just discovered how to cash in on ad revenues. Wireless providers are now adding that content.

You need to find a forum for your wireless provider and see if you can verify that others have "random ad issues" on accessing sites..

As far as the "site not secure" messages -- there's a war on between security certificate providers. Some browsers will flag sites that use alternate certificates. It's kinda an extortion racket.

Take away is --- there is NOTHING PERSONAL to steal here besides your log-in password. And that's easy to detect if someone "hacks" it. Just make sure the password you use for USMB IS UNIQUE and aint the same as the one you use for your "hidden bank" in the Seychelles... :biggrin:

PS to the mods

Sounds like your I-Phone company is the culprit, not the site. I only use the settings in my browser plus one add on, and have never had a single problem here, outside of being lazy and using the 'Remember me' feature for so long I forgot my password and locked myself out. The 'site is not secure' warning is worthless as an indicator of anything other than some certificate issue or other, and besides, there is no such thing as a 'secure site' on any server with public access, so just forget that 'warning', it doesn't mean a thing; just because you don't see it doesn't mean the site is secure at all, it just means who ever hacked it has better hacks than those whose hacks trip the warning, is all.

And, most 'hackers' aren't malevolent, just nosy and seeing if they can do it, is all, few trash the sites and pages, they're just seeing if they can, is all.

Last edited:
Take away is --- there is NOTHING PERSONAL to steal here besides your log-in password. And that's easy to detect if someone "hacks" it. Just make sure the password you use for USMB IS UNIQUE and aint the same as the one you use for your "hidden bank" in the Seychelles... :biggrin:

Bingo. Although one board I used to hang out lost over a half its members when one woman got pissed off and started outing all the married people there who were cheating on their spouses with each other and setting up dates via PM's, and posted all her private messages over the years ... it was hilarious; they all bailed immediately, never to be heard from again. The place pretty much died after that, though.

Bingo. Although one board I used to hang out lost over a half its members when one woman got pissed off and started outing all the married people there who were cheating on their spouses with each other and setting up dates via PM's, and posted all her private messages over the years ... it was hilarious; they all bailed immediately, never to be heard from again. The place pretty much died after that, though.

Well, whatever you post that is visible to members if up to you.. On USMB, it's a big no-no to post PM content of any kind unless you've got permission and we can verify it. Even then, if it's information that could be used to subvert someone's privacy, we have the option to delete it and warn...

If you "date" on USMB, make it a slow affair.. Maybe give it 1 or 2 years before you spill all your baggage.. :2up:

The issue of logging me out, followed by an alert stating "login not secure" has now effected my use of this site via my Android phone. This has never happened before. It seems as though this site is becoming less, and less secure as the weeks go by.
Against my better judgement; I relogged in spite of the warning prompt, so that the staff could look into any changes in site security....

PS to the mods

Sorry for a delay. I just saw this never got an answer. We've helped other members with similar "full page ads" on login before. As I remember, this is because wireless providers have just discovered how to cash in on ad revenues. Wireless providers are now adding that content.

You need to find a forum for your wireless provider and see if you can verify that others have "random ad issues" on accessing sites..

As far as the "site not secure" messages -- there's a war on between security certificate providers. Some browsers will flag sites that use alternate certificates. It's kinda an extortion racket.

The Seychelles. lol.

PS to the mods

You realize that when you use a computer the screen says not secure in the upper left right?

PS to the mods

You realize that when you use a computer the screen says not secure in the upper left right?

Who wants to be secure?

Live dangerously.

Forum List

Back