This Mass Grave Discovery Could Alter Roman History

The video is in the link. My problem is..........where is the amphitheater? That's great that there is an identical site in Turkey but they have an amphitheater. Until the amphitheater in York is discovered it is putting the cart in front of the horse.
I suppose these archeologists know more about it than we do, but how do you hide an amphitheater? Couldn't these be any number of soldiers who met a nasty fate? Northern England had it's difficulties, didn't it, with hostiles? I remember something about Hadrian's Wall.

The video is in the link. My problem is..........where is the amphitheater? That's great that there is an identical site in Turkey but they have an amphitheater. Until the amphitheater in York is discovered it is putting the cart in front of the horse.
I suppose these archeologists know more about it than we do, but how do you hide an amphitheater? Couldn't these be any number of soldiers who met a nasty fate? Northern England had it's difficulties, didn't it, with hostiles? I remember something about Hadrian's Wall.

It was a military fort/outpost thang. It wouldn't be the first time a group of warriors had been rounded up and killed. There were tribes in the region. Why not an attempted coup?

They could have fought in a forum but given it's level of importance it isn't likely. There are 10 Roman amphitheaters in England.
www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Kurt-Web-Doc.pdf

10 Roman Amphitheatres of Britain - HeritageDaily - Heritage & Archaeology News

Because they are excited about the possibility. So, in 2016 they began searching for the amphitheater.
https://yorkslostamphitheatre.com/

Does this picture hold the key to finding York's missing Roman amphitheatre? • YorkMix

Experts Hunt for York’s Roman Amphitheatre as part of the Eboracum Roman Festival 2017

Possible Roman amphitheatre sites in York

Roman amphitheatre 'could lie under 30-vehicle CAR PARK in York'

I don't see how this will change Roman history. At best, there might be a group or, even one individual, that transferred from Turkey to Eboracum and instituted that particular method there.

Forum List

Back