This isn't how it's supposed to work.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Obviously, The Following will label this fake news......that's a given.......since it's a damning revelation. They always do.

Fox’s Bret Baier Urged Fox To Undo Arizona Call On Election Night To Soothe Trump, Book Says

Fox News host Bret Baier was truly desperate to pacify then-President Donald Trump on election night after Fox called Arizona for Joe Biden, according to a new book by New Yorker journalist Susan Glasser and New York Times reporter Peter Baker.

Per Insider’s excerpt of the book titled “The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021,” Baier sent an email to Fox News President Jay Wallace panicking about the tantrum Trump was throwing after the network’s Decision Desk declared that Arizona had gone to Biden.

“The Trump campaign was really pissed,” Baier reportedly wrote. “This situation is getting uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable. I keep having to defend this on air.” The Fox host even went as far as accusing his colleagues at the Decision Desk of “holding on” to their (accurate) call “for pride,” according to the book. “It’s hurting us. The sooner we pull it — even if it gives us major egg — and we put it back in his column the better we are in my opinion,” Baier wrote.

Fox’s Bret Baier Urged Fox To Undo Arizona Call On Election Night To Soothe Trump, Book Says

That call was a very big deal in Trumpworld. A universe in which unwelcome news isn't just dreaded, it's denied. Ask Chris Stirewalt how big a deal it was and he'll tell you it was big enough for him to be fire over. Cuz it doesn't go well for anyone at Faux who pisses off the boss, and I'm not talking about Rupert Murdoch.

Obviously, The Following will label this fake news......that's a given.......since it's a damning revelation. They always do.

Fox News host Bret Baier was truly desperate to pacify then-President Donald Trump on election night after Fox called Arizona for Joe Biden, according to a new book by New Yorker journalist Susan Glasser and New York Times reporter Peter Baker.

Per Insider’s excerpt of the book titled “The Divider: Trump in the White House, 2017-2021,” Baier sent an email to Fox News President Jay Wallace panicking about the tantrum Trump was throwing after the network’s Decision Desk declared that Arizona had gone to Biden.

“The Trump campaign was really pissed,” Baier reportedly wrote. “This situation is getting uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable. I keep having to defend this on air.” The Fox host even went as far as accusing his colleagues at the Decision Desk of “holding on” to their (accurate) call “for pride,” according to the book. “It’s hurting us. The sooner we pull it — even if it gives us major egg — and we put it back in his column the better we are in my opinion,” Baier wrote.

That call was a very big deal in Trumpworld. A universe in which unwelcome news isn't just dreaded, it's denied. Ask Chris Stirewalt how big a deal it was and he'll tell you it was big enough for him to be fire over. Cuz it doesn't go well for anyone at Faux who pisses off the boss, and I'm not talking about Rupert Murdoch.
It's all right out in the open at this point.

I guess I was a little surprised that it was Baier, but on the other hand.....

It's all right out in the open at this point.

I guess I was a little surprised that it was Baier, but on the other hand.....
The extent to which we have begun to view this as just another day in Trumpworld, and not be justifiably outraged that a network purporting to report the news was concerned one of the two presidential candidates would be upset about reporting election results, is in itself shocking.

The extent to which we have begun to view this as just another day in Trumpworld, and not be justifiably outraged that a network purporting to report the news was concerned one of the two presidential candidates would be upset about reporting election results, is in itself shocking.
Progs started this many decades ago. Repubs are just catching up.

That's because YOU are DISTURBED!!!!
Disturbed by the delusion of The Following.

The revelation of Baier’s shocking proposal makes a big crack in his image as one of Fox’s few reporters who aren’t in MAGAworld’s pocket. Baier has openly tried to distance himself from the network’s hardline Trump allies, i.e. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.

That's because YOU are DISTURBED!!!!
What would your reaction be if an election reporter on CNN got fired for calling a close race against the Dem candidate? Or if a reporter there expressed concern to management over the reaction of the Dem candidate? Does that sound like how an impartial "news" outlet is supposed to operate on election night?

You're right for the wrong reason.

It isn't how it is supposed to work. You're right about that. Bret Baier sitting at the anchor desk had no way of disputing the network's political analysts calling of Arizona for Biden. If he can't live with announcing news that offends a political figure, he should have resigned.

But your mistake is thinking that this is only a "Faux News" problem. In 2000, the networks called Florida for Gore when voters were still voting in Florida and they turned out to be wrong. That call could have easily suppressed the vote in the remaining counties, which were full of Bush voters. The mainstream media did the Democrats' bidding then, and they still do. The mainstream media is the chief fomenters of Trump Derangement Syndrome, even more so than Democrat politicians.

It's been happening for decades and it continues now. When Karine Jean-Pierre tells bold-faced lies (with a deer in the headights look), like "The border is secure," and "Peter . . . people aren't just walking across the border," all the networks should be calling her on it, especially the licensed networks. It shouldn't just be Foxnews pointing out the obvious falseness of those statements.

They are licensed in the public interest, and nothing is more vital to the public interest in a republic than to call out lies by our government.

What would your reaction be if an election reporter on CNN got fired for calling a close race against the Dem candidate?
When would they do that, though? That's the point of my post above.

Show me an example of CNN doing that.
Or if a reporter there expressed concern to management over the reaction of the Dem candidate? Does that sound like how an impartial "news" outlet is supposed to operate on election night?
From the way they report the news, I have to think that management at CNN does nothing but obsess over how to help the Dems. CNN, MSNBC, the licensed networks and the so-called newspapers are for the most part willing mouthpieces of the Democratic Party.

Disturbed by the delusion of The Following.

The revelation of Baier’s shocking proposal makes a big crack in his image as one of Fox’s few reporters who aren’t in MAGAworld’s pocket. Baier has openly tried to distance himself from the network’s hardline Trump allies, i.e. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.
OOOOOH! "The Following"!

I heard these guys are looking for new talent. Give them a call.

1663759445633.png

The expression of that delusional still disturbs me every time I see it.
Trump won the election. No amount of lies or media gaslighting will change that FACT.
The current resident is an illegit fraud in a dirty diaper.
He's a meat puppet taking orders to wreck country financially, militarily & socially.
Lying doesn't change that fact & we will not ever stop saying it.
Deal with it bedwetter

But your mistake is thinking that this is only a "Faux News" problem.
Your mistake is conflating an incorrect call made 10 minutes before the polls closed (having no material effect on the election) with the backlash created from making the correct call in a contested state because it went against the network's chosen candidate.

Forum List

Back