This is why we have guns: Professional UFC fighter can't finish off home invader till police arrive...

Common mistake, trying to strike into submission instead of establishing a dominant position and holding until the authorities arrive.
The first thing he did was take him to the ground and mounted him.
That’s for ground and pound. You want to control the situation and wait for the police, you take his back, put him face down and take away his supports and his wind. Easier said than done, but higher percentage than looking for a KO.

Common mistake, trying to strike into submission instead of establishing a dominant position and holding until the authorities arrive.

It might be very likely that the home of the UFC fighter didn't give him the room to even try a submission.......a room full of furniture isn't the same as a boxing ring....
He had the guy mounted and they eventually ended up under a computer desk, which made it harder for him to get away, but it was also harder for Smith to attack him.

The point is, it shouldn’t be about attack, it should be about control. Unless the goal is to punish him, but then you get what you get.

That’s for ground and pound. You want to control the situation and wait for the police, you take his back, put him face down and take away his supports and his wind. Easier said than done, but higher percentage than looking for a KO.
Smith is a Striker (a very dangerous one) so his instincts were to use fists elbows and knees, but i agree with you. I would have taken his back and rear naked choked him.

Best position i know of anyone breaking into my house in the middle of the night.

6547466_tihon_jpgb959fb234aff10711cdc44d6a956ddab
Oh by the way, i have hardwood floors, very easy to clean up with some water and comet cleaner.
The blood gets into the wood grain, forensics can still find trace evidence. If you can't lay down some plastic, then a polished concrete floor is best.

And don't forget the quicklime.
I have a backhoe and never use the phone. Thieves are a non-issue
P1010512-1024x1024.JPG

Smith is a Striker (a very dangerous one) so his instincts were to use fists elbows and knees, but i agree with you. I would have taken his back and rear naked choked him.
I would put 18 rounds into the guy, most of them in the chest. See if he wants to get up after that..

It might be very likely that the home of the UFC fighter didn't give him the room to even try a submission.......a room full of furniture isn't the same as a boxing ring....
I didn’t say “submission.” You need less room to put a body on a body than to launch a spinning back kick.

I don't think he did any spinning back kicks......more like punches and elbows to the face and body, knees to the body.......it would be interesting to hear what he remembers about the fight....

I would put 18 rounds into the guy, most of them in the chest. See if he wants to get up after that..
Unarmed intruder, professional fighter, 18 gunshot wounds; a lot of complications following that.

I don't think he did any spinning back kicks......more like punches and elbows to the face and body, knees to the body.......it would be interesting to hear what he remembers about the fight....
Had Smith just ripped the criminals eyes out that would have ended the 'fight', but MMA doesnt train like that.

Others do because it isnt a 'fight' it is a lethal struggle and only one person wins it.

Unarmed intruder, professional fighter, 18 gunshot wounds; a lot of complications following that.
In the middle of the night, no intruder that enters my house is considered "UNARMED". I am not going to ask the guy if he doesnt have a weapon, or even look for one, i am going to empty my pistol into the mother fucker who didnt disarm my alarm and woke me up without my permission and entered my house unlawfully and let the police decide what to do with the body......

So.....this man is a professional UFC fighter, at the height of his career and physical development.....trains constantly and is used to taking massive amounts of punishment on top of dealing out lots of punishment....

And yet.....he can't put down this lone home intruder....and is lucky the guy didn't have a knife or a gun....

This is why we have guns.....this is why Americans need to be able to own and carry guns........ imagine a normal person, who doesn't train for empty hand combat, who may be small, weak, a woman, a senior citizen, someone with an injury like a broken arm or leg, or someone with a congenital issue?

How many people living their normal lives have the time to train around the clock to be in peak physical condition and have professional level combat training?

“I’m not lying when I said it was one of the toughest fights I’ve had in my whole life. I went into that fight ready to die. Nobody smart breaks into a house in the middle of the night unarmed. When they break in at night, it’s to hurt people,” Smith said.

“No normal human is able to fight like that. I’m by no means the baddest dude on the planet. But he’s a regular Joe and I had a hard time dealing with him. And he took everything that I gave him. Every punch, every knee, every elbow. He took every single one of them and kept fighting me.”

Smith said that he and his family were not injured in the attack but he admits it was a “terrifying” experience. Although Smith is one of the top-ranked light heavyweights in the UFC, he was not prepared to fight someone in his house in the middle of the night, and he says the situation left him and his family frightened.
-----

Luke Haberman, and had to fight him tooth-and-nail for five minutes before the police arrived on the scene. The man broke into Smith’s house through the garage.
It sounds like the intruder was most likely high on something, to the point of not feeling the punches, knees and elbows from Smith. I've read about people being SO hyped up they've had to be tased multiple times to stop them. Scary stuff, indeed.

My uncle was attacked by a guy on drugs. My uncle is a competitive shooter and firearms instructor. The dude took an entire magazine, including shots through both lungs and one dead-center on the sternum. (The low-power .380 didn't penetrate.) He didn't go down until the last shot hot him in the throat. PCP is a hell of a drug.

Had Smith just ripped the criminals eyes out that would have ended the 'fight', but MMA doesnt train like that.

Others do because it isnt a 'fight' it is a lethal struggle and only one person wins it.

If you are going to do that...kill him. Then he can't sue you.

Nobody really does that sort of thing in training, they just simulate it. For obvious reasons.

In the middle of the night, no intruder that enters my house is considered "UNARMED". I am not going to ask the guy if he doesnt have a weapon, or even look for one, i am going to empty my pistol into the mother fucker who didnt disarm my alarm and woke me up without my permission and entered my house unlawfully and let the police decide what to do with the body......
How has that worked out the times you have actually done it?

So far none, because in my state people know that they can be killed entering a house that isnt theirs. But hey, there is always a first time, want to try it out sometimes and see if i dont do what i say i do?

So far none, because in my state people know that they can be killed entering a house that isnt theirs. But hey, there is always a first time, want to try it out sometimes and see if i dont do what i say i do?
The point is YOU have never seen if you would do what you think you would do. Kind of an important question, don't you think? Everyone comes on the internet and thumps their chest saying "Why, I'd fill 'em full a' lead, see!" but it seems to me that is a situation one can't be sure about until one experiences it. I hope you never do.

You have an account of the fight do you have a link?
Yeah, this video gets super compelling. He goes into great detail.

Thank you.......the anti-gun extremists here on U.S.message call me a gun nut....but that isn't even remotely true.....I believe in good people being able to protect themselves from evil or stupid people...so my entire life I have studied self defense...which has led me to firearms and to the Bill of Rights.......funny path, but there it is.....and hearing these accounts of actual self defense lets you know how it really is vs. what people like to think it is.....so much of the anti-gun series of beliefs about guns and gun owners is due to willful ignorance.......if they only knew what can happen, they wouldn't be anti-gunners.

Forum List

Back