Zone1 This Is Why Reparations Are Owed NOW!

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

That was 3 years ago. Add another 2.5 trillion to it now and the lost money is 18.5 trillion lost to blacks IN THIS CENTURY because of CONTINUING WHITE RACISM.

Citigroup determined money lost due to racial discrimination against blacks since 2000. At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000 until 2020, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. And this is just the bare minimum for this century, addition losses occurred from 1950 until 2000.

So stop talking about slavery and stop talking about who didn't suffer and what you didn't do. Because it's still going on and blacks today are suffering.
DontOweUShit.jpg

So the initial link provide by IM2 does't provide a lot of context. Here is a bit more:

• Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.
    • Question: How do you close the wage gap when a certain minority group high school and secondary education attendance and performance is poor?
    • What ticks me off is Citi doesn't ask why there is a gap, only state there is a gap. If they were to present the facts as to why a gap is present, the solution would also present itself? However, Citi knows why the gap is present and it isn't because there are Jim Crow laws still in existence.

• Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.
    • We did that, pre-2008 lending guidelines were loosened. Banks ignored financial red flags, while home buyers over extended themselves and or lied about income that was never verified by underwriters. This caused a lot of home buyers, of every race, to lose their homes as those balloon payments came due. Who is to blame, both the banks and the home owners. This isn't a racial issue. This is the banks and the buyers both being stupid and making poor financial choices.
    • Today, lending is much tighter and you damn well, underwriter are validating everything from the buyer. There is no discrimination that happens on a systemic basis. If you're turned down for a home loan it isn't because you're black, it's because your finances are at risk and the bank isn't going to underwrite your loan.
    • Summary, if you're financially unable to buy a home, it's not because of your skin color, its because you're not in position to buy home and it's the banks discretion.

• Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.
    • There are plenty options for every American to go to school regardless of the color of your skin. The federal gov't has pell grants for those that can't afford college. I was able to take advantage of that, not because I'm white, but because my grandmother was poor and on a fixed income. But I went to school. That same opportunity exists today, IF YOU WANT TO.
    • Again, Citi proposes a problem, but doesn't site the root cause of the issue.

• Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional US$13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years that could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures. 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.
    • This is conjecture and speculation. Where is the data? How many black entrepreneurs applied for business loans who were qualified and were actually denied? Let's see the numbers.[/I][/I]
    • Or, is Citi saying, "If more blacks would become entrepreneurs and seek to enter the business world this might have resulted in the creation of an additional US$13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years? This premise might have merit.[/I][/I]
    • [But again, someone must be motivated to be an entrepreneur. They must have a business plan, have capital in cash, collateral, investors lines up, and or additional business partners.

Last edited:
Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

That was 3 years ago. Add another 2.5 trillion to it now and the lost money is 18.5 trillion lost to blacks IN THIS CENTURY because of CONTINUING WHITE RACISM.

Citigroup determined money lost due to racial discrimination against blacks since 2000. At a minimum, reparations can be requested for money lost from 2000 until right now. If we only take lost income from racism starting in 2000 until 2020, it equals $57,569 per black person in America based on the 2020 U.S. Census. Including all losses due to racial discrimination equals $277,185 per black person in America. And this is just the bare minimum for this century, addition losses occurred from 1950 until 2000.

So stop talking about slavery and stop talking about who didn't suffer and what you didn't do. Because it's still going on and blacks today are suffering.
Were you ever a slave?

I am a slave. I am a slave to the welfare state that takes my money by force and give to the worthless welfare queens.

You owe me reparations.

The very demand for “reparations” to black people is hopelessly illogical.

Boiled down, it has been and can’t help but be the contention that present day white people (who have not a thing to do with slavery) nevertheless “owe” a “repayment” for slavery to present day black people (who were never slaves themselves).

In logic and fairness, it’s a non-starter.

The very demand for “reparations” to black people is hopelessly illogical.
And the politicians feed off the intellectually ignorant. That's why the majority of their speeches and rhetoric is conjecture and blanketed platitudes based on emotional bait for the ignorant.

Reparations boils down to one thing votes. If the democrats can award reparations, on any level, they have voters for life, and the democrats know it. **And yes, the republicans do the same damn thing so don't even go there**.
For the black community, think about that. The democrats are buying your vote. They don't care about you in the long run. All they care about are your votes because it supports their lifestyle and agenda.

And the politicians feed off the intellectually ignorant. That's why the majority of their speeches and rhetoric is conjecture and blanketed platitudes based on emotional bait for the ignorant.

Reparations boils down to one thing votes. If the democrats can award reparations, on any level, they have voters for life, and the democrats know it. **And yes, the republicans do the same damn thing so don't even go there**.
For the black community, think about that. The democrats are buying your vote. They don't care about you in the long run. All they care about are your votes because it supports their lifestyle and agenda.
Reparations are a massive vote loser for the Democrats.

I have a hard time committing to ponderous posts, although some members keep it interesting… pictures and a good cup of coffee helps..😉
I have recently started to reply “tl:dr”

I like brevity, but I am also guilty of posting sometimes in an overly wordy fashion.

I have recently started to reply “tl:dr”

I like brevity, but I am also guilty of posting sometimes in an overly wordy fashion.
Just wondering, are we old mutual appreciation friends from a different time and does Liability come to mind..

Let us remember the words of Dr. King.

“Few people consider the fact that in addition to being enslaved for two centuries, the Negro was during all those years robbed of the wages of his toil. No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries. Not all the wealth of this affluent society could meet the bill. Yet, a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the Government of special compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law. Such measures would certainly be less expensive than any computation based on two centuries of unpaid wages and accumulated interest.”

David B. Oppenheimer, Dr. King’s Dream Of Affirmative Action, pg. 32,
https://harvardlalr.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/ 16/2019/11/Oppenheimer_Vol21.pdf

Let us remember the words of Dr. King.

“Few people consider the fact that in addition to being enslaved for two centuries, the Negro was during all those years robbed of the wages of his toil. No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries. Not all the wealth of this affluent society could meet the bill. Yet, a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the Government of special compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law. Such measures would certainly be less expensive than any computation based on two centuries of unpaid wages and accumulated interest.”

David B. Oppenheimer, Dr. King’s Dream Of Affirmative Action, pg. 32,
https://harvardlalr.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/ 16/2019/11/Oppenheimer_Vol21.pdf
Special compensatory program was 40 years of letting lower-qualified blacks into educational institutions over better-qualified whites, Jews, and more recently, Asians. All debts are paid, and the racist AA policies will be ruled a violation of the 14th Amendment.

Forum List

Back