‘This is urgent’: Bipartisan proposal for UFO office pushes new boundaries

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
A bipartisan proposal to create a more expansive military and intelligence program to study UFOs is urgently needed to determine whether unexplained sightings by Navy and Air Force pilots pose a threat or are evidence of some “other entity,” the lead sponsor said Wednesday.

“If it is technology possessed by adversaries or any other entity, we need to know,” Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said in her first interview about the effort. “Burying our heads in the sand is neither a strategy nor an acceptable approach.”

Gillibrand is behind an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that is being debated this week to create an ‘‘Anomaly Surveillance and Resolution Office” with authority to pursue “any resource, capability, asset, or process of the Department and the intelligence community” to get to the bottom of the sightings of “unidentified aerial phenomena," or UAPs.

*snip*

Gillibrand, a member of the Armed Services and Intelligence committees, said she was heavily influenced by the “repeated reports over the last two or three years of these increased sightings by Navy pilots and Air Force pilots.”

She believes the fact that the possible explanations are so varied is why a dedicated effort is required.

“You have a million questions that must be answered for a million reasons,” she said, citing “the entire spectrum of unidentified aerial phenomena.”

“You're talking about drone technology, you're talking about balloon technology, you're talking about other aerial phenomena, and then you're talking about the unknown,” she said. “Regardless of where you fall on the question of the unknown, you have to answer the rest of the questions. That’s why this is urgent. That’s why having no oversight or accountability up until now to me is unacceptable.”

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

I, for one, welcome our alien overlords.

They’ve probably evolved to be as suspicious of government as we are. And have better stuff....can't wait for them to let us know that WE were a biological experiment!

A bipartisan proposal to create a more expansive military and intelligence program to study UFOs is urgently needed to determine whether unexplained sightings by Navy and Air Force pilots pose a threat or are evidence of some “other entity,” the lead sponsor said Wednesday.

“If it is technology possessed by adversaries or any other entity, we need to know,” Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said in her first interview about the effort. “Burying our heads in the sand is neither a strategy nor an acceptable approach.”

Gillibrand is behind an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that is being debated this week to create an ‘‘Anomaly Surveillance and Resolution Office” with authority to pursue “any resource, capability, asset, or process of the Department and the intelligence community” to get to the bottom of the sightings of “unidentified aerial phenomena," or UAPs.

*snip*

Gillibrand, a member of the Armed Services and Intelligence committees, said she was heavily influenced by the “repeated reports over the last two or three years of these increased sightings by Navy pilots and Air Force pilots.”

She believes the fact that the possible explanations are so varied is why a dedicated effort is required.

“You have a million questions that must be answered for a million reasons,” she said, citing “the entire spectrum of unidentified aerial phenomena.”

“You're talking about drone technology, you're talking about balloon technology, you're talking about other aerial phenomena, and then you're talking about the unknown,” she said. “Regardless of where you fall on the question of the unknown, you have to answer the rest of the questions. That’s why this is urgent. That’s why having no oversight or accountability up until now to me is unacceptable.”

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

I, for one, welcome our alien overlords.

They’ve probably evolved to be as suspicious of government as we are. And have better stuff....can't wait for them to let us know that WE were a biological experiment!
They arent doing this because they think aliens are visiting us; theyre doing it because China and Russia are likely behind many UFO sightings that arent attributed to the US's own secret aviation programs. Most real "UFO sightings" in the US are either enthusiasts who make weird shit and fly it around to amaze and trick people, or its our own governments secret technology.

There are zero extraterrestrials visiting us though. Not single one, at least not in the modern age.

This project already has millions invested in it and will even use satellites to look DOWN on ufo's sighted in our atmosphere.

Rather than bloating our government with wasteful spending on new projects let the private sector do it.

They arent doing this because they think aliens are visiting us; theyre doing it because China and Russia are likely behind many UFO sightings that arent attributed to the US's own secret aviation programs. Most real "UFO sightings" in the US are either enthusiasts who make weird shit and fly it around to amaze and trick people, or its our own governments secret technology.

There are zero extraterrestrials visiting us though. Not single one, at least not in the modern age.
Odds are we'll see an extraterrestrial before we see an honest Democrat.

Have they told you this through brainwaves?
Youre asking me if the nonexistent extraterrestrial visitors are telling me stuff through brainwaves? That question doesnt make sense. If they were communicating with me, I wouldnt be saying they dont exist.

a more expansive military and intelligence program to study UFOs is urgently needed to determine whether unexplained sightings by Navy and Air Force pilots pose a threat or are evidence of some “other entity,”

A more expansive military and intelligence program suggests that we are already studying UFOs, so if the Congress wants to increase funding for that then so be it. But why a new office dedicated to that end? I'm not seeing the urgency, and frankly when I see the word "surveillance" used in a gov't context then I start to get nervous. I'm more concerned with who is coming across our southern border than who is up there in the sky.

UFO projects are a waste of money but some people just have to believe. A careful and detailed look at the science tells us that the extraterrestial component is quite quite unlikely.

If at all, science should stick to the other components such as Russian or Chinese higher technology. That would at least give the project some useful direction.

Much of the problem is people who believe in the supernatural and religious beliefs sure aren't helpful in helping to stay with the natural.

That's my opinion for a contribution to this exciting topic.

UFO projects are a waste of money but some people just have to believe. A careful and detailed look at the science tells us that the extraterrestial component is quite quite unlikely.

If at all, science should stick to the other components such as Russian or Chinese higher technology. That would at least give the project some useful direction.

Much of the problem is people who believe in the supernatural and religious beliefs sure aren't helpful in helping to stay with the natural.

That's my opinion for a contribution to this exciting topic.
UFO projects are NOT a waste of money. We absolutely need to find out what Russia and China are up to.

So, let's see if I've got this right -- you have been reading all the stupid crap the leftists here offer in order to divide and weaken us so as to pave the way for our surrender to our new Alien overlords, and you are saying that extraterrestrials AREN'T living among us?

Im an atheist, so I agree with your post. I believe aliens exist, they just arent visiting us.

How would you know that? If you believe they exist then why isn't it possible that they're visiting us? Just because we can't travel to other planets and solar systems doesn't mean they can't.

Is it likely? No, not IMHO.

Is it possible? I think so. I'd rate the chances of that as pretty damn slim but I wouldn't rule it out.

I see we have these UFO's dialed in on two countries, China and Russia.
What is the evidence you have? Or, is it just an opinion?
Seems to me that there probably is more evidence showing that it's extraterrestrial than coming from Earth.

I see we have these UFO's dialed in on two countries, China and Russia.
What is the evidence you have? Or, is it just an opinion?
Seems to me that there probably is more evidence showing that it's extraterrestrial than coming from Earth.

Some of the maneuvers these things have been reportedly doing are not possible according to our current technology, and I do not believe any other country on Earth is more advanced than we are. Flat out don't believe it. If any terrestrial force is behind these UFOs then it's not the Russians or Chinese, it's us and we're trying to keep it a secret.

How would you know that? If you believe they exist then why isn't it possible that they're visiting us? Just because we can't travel to other planets and solar systems doesn't mean they can't.

Is it likely? No, not IMHO.

Is it possible? I think so. I'd rate the chances of that as pretty damn slim but I wouldn't rule it out.
Im quite confident that I will not be proven wrong.

I, for one, welcome our alien overlords. They’ve probably evolved to be as suspicious of government as we are. And have better stuff....can't wait for them to let us know that WE were a biological experiment!

I doubt the democrats will be very interested in UFOs. I have a theory that most of the people in our government, especially Leftists, are all UFO aliens in human disguise!

Before you laugh too hard let me ask you this:

If you were an alien species taking over the Earth, what would you do different from the current Biddum Administration?

Yeah. Just as I thought. :smoke:

Forum List

Back