This Is Apartheid

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
Watch "Checkpoint - Jasiri X" on YouTube

“This is apartheid”: rapper Jasiri X on visit to Palestine

Amira Asad 10 February 2014

140205-jasiri-x.jpg

Jasiri X is a hip-hop emcee based in Pittsburgh, and he recently participated in a delegation of black American activists, academics and artists to Palestine.

The weeklong trip by Jasiri X inspired his track “Checkpoint” (Accompanied by hard-hitting breakbeats, this track features the emcee detailing the types of persecution and harassment which Israeli soldiers inflict on Palestinians as a matter of routine. The track references Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and Nelson Mandela, the track urges listeners to support the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel.)

Amira Asad writes of an interview with Jasiri X and the Apartheid he witnessed in Palestine.

Here are excerpts of this interview:

Amira Asad: What did the delegation do while you were in Palestine?

Jasiri X: We had a Palestinian woman as our guide, and we went to different places and talked to people about the suffering they are experiencing due to the occupation. We went to East Jerusalem and talked to people in a neighborhood where they were doing forced evictions. We went to Bethlehem and saw the separation wall and talked to the community there [about] some of the things they were doing there that were affecting the ecosystem and the farmers.

We went to Hebron and that was one of the most intense days. We went to Ramallah, Nazareth and south Tel Aviv to see the African refugees.

AA: What made Hebron particularly intense?

JX: Well, it’s like a militarized city. There were members of our delegation that were approached by Israeli soldiers, asking us what our religion was. I guess that was the determining factor because we were outside of the Ibrahimi Mosque.

There was one place where there were settlers and Palestinians in close proximity, then you put in these soldiers and it got really, really intense.

As black people, who are walking down the street and soldiers are stopping us, it takes us to stop-and-frisk and policies we are coming from and experience a lot of the time in inner cities

On Fighting Apartheid, here is what Jasiri X had to say.

AA: As a hip-hop artist, what are you doing to fight Israeli apartheid?

JX: I try to use my means of expression that I have, which is hip-hop. It was interesting — because of how emotional and intense the trip was — my first thought wasn’t to do a song but it kind of just came. Someone made a joke like “yeah he’ll probably have a song and a video before we get back.” And I was like “naw” but then I started thinking like “well if I did do something, what would I do?”

So I had just happened to film these checkpoints because I had got into a habit of when there’s some type of interaction that could be dangerous we film the police. So when we go through these checkpoints and I see all these military soldiers and guns, I was just filming it for my own and our delegation’s safety.

So I made a song about it and leant my voice to the growing voices that say this is wrong and this is apartheid. This is immoral and it needs to stop. I was able to meet one of the members of DAM, a Palestinian hip-hop group, when I was over there and we also talked about possibly doing some stuff in the near future.

I take my message back to the hip-hop community and encourage other artists to stand up or take that to the media.

?This is apartheid?: rapper Jasiri X on visit to Palestine | The Electronic Intifada

No doubt but that Apartheid is practiced by Israel in Palestine, much like and reminiscent of Apartheid in South Africa.

Here is what prominent South Africans have had to say about the issue of Israel and Apartheid.

“I’ve been very deeply distressed in my visit to the Holy Land; it reminded me so much of what happened to us black people in South Africa. I have seen the humiliation of the Palestinians at checkpoints and roadblocks, suffering like us when young white police officers prevented us from moving about.”

“When I hear, ‘that used to be my home’, it is painfully similar to the treatment in South Africa when coloureds had no rights.”

– Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Israel and Apartheid: Is It a Fair Comparison? | Dissident Voice

“… the fundamental cause of the conflict — lest anyone remains unclear. It stems from the Zionist world view — its belief in a perpetual anti-Semitism that requires that Jewish people around the world — a faith group — should have a national home of their own. The biblical narrative was evoked to proclaim Palestine as the promised land reserved exclusively for God’s ‘chosen people’ and their civilizing mission. It sounds all too familiar as a vision the Voortrekkers had in this country. It gives rise to racism, apartheid and a total onslaught on those who stand in your way, whether blacks or Arabs or red Indians. Many Jews do not agree with this Zionist world view, and declare that being anti-Zionism and critical of Israel does not equate with anti-semitism.”

– Speech given to the South African Parliament by Government Minister Ronnie Kasrils

Ronnie Kasrils' speech to S. African Parliament on 40th anniversary of occupation | The Electronic Intifada

“… Israel came to resemble more and more apartheid South Africa at its zenith – even surpassing its brutality, house demolitions, removal of communities, targeted assassinations, massacres, imprisonment and torture of its opponents, collective punishment and the aggression against neighbouring states.”

– Former South African Intelligence Minister Ronnie Kasrils from a speech at Israel Apartheid Week 2009.13

“But what is interesting is that every black South African that I’ve spoken to who has visited the Palestinian territory has been horrified and has said without hesitation that the system that applies in Palestine is worse.”

– Professor John Dugard, Former U.N. Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Occupied Palestine.

Hisham B. Sharabi Memorial Lecture: Apartheid and Occupation under International Law with John Dugard

“Apartheid Israel can be defeated, just as apartheid in South Africa was defeated.”

– Winnie Mandela

Apartheid Israel can be defeated, says Winnie - Politics | IOL News | IOL.co.za

“”When I come here and see the situation [in the Palestinian territories], I find that what is happening here is ten times worse than what I had experienced in South Africa. This is Apartheid.”

– Arun Ghandi

Inter Press Network: Friday, September 03, 2004

“The horrendous dehumanisation of Black South Africans during the erstwhile Apartheid years is a Sunday picnic, compared with what I saw and what I know is happening to the Palestinian people.”

– Willie Madisha, former head of the Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU)

“As someone who lived in apartheid South Africa and who has visited Palestine I say with confidence that Israel is an apartheid state. In fact, I believe that some of Israel’s actions make the actions of South Africa’s apartheid regime appear pale by comparison.”

– Willie Madisha, in a letter supporting CUPE Ontario’s resolution.

“I say with confidence that Israel is an Apartheid state. The trade union movement must move beyond resolutions, otherwise history will look back on us and spit on our graves.”

– Willie Madisha, at a trade union conference held in London, England.

PGFTU Account of recent events in Nablus

“Indeed, for those of us who lived under South African Apartheid and fought for liberation from it and everything that it represented, Palestine reflects in many ways the unfinished business of our own struggle.”

– Farid Esack, Writer, Visiting Professor at Harvard and Anti-apartheid Spokesperson.

?I come from Apartheid South Africa. Arriving in your land, the land of Palestine, the sense of deja vu is inescapable.? | Mondoweiss

“They support Zionism, a version of global racist domination and apartheid based on the doctrine that Jews are superior to Arabs and therefore have a right to oppress them and occupy their country.”

– Current COSATU President, Sidumo Dlamini.

Address By Sidumo Dlamini, To The International Strategy Workshop Towards The International Solidarity Conference Of COSATU

“When you observe from afar you know that things are bad, but you do not know how bad. Nothing can prepare you for the evil we have seen here. In a certain sense, it is worse, worse, worse than everything we endured. The level of the apartheid, the racism and the brutality are worse than the worst period of apartheid."

“The apartheid regime viewed the blacks as inferior; I do not think the Israelis see the Palestinians as human beings at all. How can a human brain engineer this total separation, the separate roads, the checkpoints? What we went through was terrible, terrible, terrible – and yet there is no comparison. Here it is more terrible. We also knew that it would end one day; here there is no end in sight. The end of the tunnel is blacker than black."

Editor-in-chief of the Sunday Times of South Africa, Mondli Makhanya, 38

http://dissidentvoice.org/2010/03/israel-and-apartheid-is-it-a-fair-comparison/#footnote_7_14548

“Even with the system of permits, even with the limits of movement to South Africa, we never had as much restriction on movement as I see for the people here,”

“It is hard for me to describe what I am feeling. What I see here is worse than what we experienced. But I am encouraged to find that there are courageous people here. We want to support you in your struggle, by every possible means. There are quite a few Jews in our delegation, and we are very proud that they are the ones who brought us here. They are demonstrating their commitment to support you. In our country we were able to unite all the forces behind one struggle, and there were courageous whites, including Jews, who joined the struggle. I hope we will see more Israeli Jews joining your struggle.”

ANC parliamentarian, Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge, speaking out on a visit to the West Bank

http://weww.whale.to/b/apartheid4.html

http://dissidentvoice.org/2010/03/israel-and-apartheid-is-it-a-fair-comparison/

After a visit to the Occupied Palestinian Territories by dignitaries from South Africa, Mr. Motlanthe stated that in his view “the current situation for Palestinians in the OPT is worse than conditions were for Blacks under the Apartheid regime.”

Mr. Kgalema Motlanthe, the Deputy President of the African National Congress (ANC)

And here is another South African, Denis Goldberg, speaking out against Apartheid by Israel.

This man was imprisoned 22 years by the South African Apartheid government, for his role in resisting Apartheid in South Africa.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYslBp9-a-Y#t=230[/ame]

Here is a link to a full length documentary Roadmap To Apartheid, illustrating the similarities between Apartheid in South Africa and Israel/Palestine.

Watch Roadmap to Apartheid online | Free | Hulu

And how could I miss the words of this famous South African man and how he saw South Africa and Israel alike, and this was way back in 1961. I do not think he used the word Apartheid, though, that word is used here by the author of this article..

"The natural basis of such kinship between the policies of Israel and South Africa was apparently recognized by the virulent supporter of Apartheid and prime minister of South Africa, Hendrik Verwoerd. He noted in 1961 that Jews “took Israel from the Arabs after the Arabs had lived there for a thousand years. In that I agree with them, Israel, like South Africa, is an apartheid state.”

Apartheid in South Africa was defeated by popular resistance and BDS, and I am convinced Apartheid in Israel/Palestine shall be defeated in that same fashion.

How long? In God's timing, Apartheid shall end in Israel/Palestine

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Sherri copying and pasting like a donkey OLAGH from IslamoNazi websites, all the way from Iran.

This is a Mooooslem rapper nobody heard about, or gives a damn.

In conclusion, this is a post nobody gives a fuck about.

140205-jasiri-x.jpg

Jasiri X is a hip-hop emcee based in Pittsburgh, and he recently participated in a delegation of black American activists, academics and artists to Palestine.

< Massive wall of text snipped >

The Chinese called. They would really like their wall back.

Funny, funny, funny. Oh Gawd I love her for all the laughs she gives us while those she supports continue to kill us infidels all over the world.

QUOTE=Roudy;8602097]This is Sherri copying and pasting like a donkey OLAGH from IslamoNazi websites, all the way from Iran.

In conclusion, this is a post nobody gives a fuck about.[/QUOTE]

This is Sherri copying and pasting like a donkey OLAGH from IslamoNazi websites, all the way from Iran.

The poor things need more rappers, actors, comedians, students and tree huggers to get out and help fight for the cause and justice.

The poor things need more rappers, actors, comedians, students and tree huggers to get out and help fight for the cause and justice.
Rap has to be the shittiest music in the history of music.

Home sweet home, room # 207 (the padded one):

Tehran Psychiatric Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tehran Psychiatric Institute, Behavioral Sciences and Mental Health Facaulty (TPI) (Persian: &#1575;&#1606;&#1587;&#1578;&#1610;&#1578;&#1608; &#1585;&#1608;&#1575;&#1606;&#1662;&#1586;&#1588;&#1603;&#1610; &#1578;&#1607;&#1585;&#1575;&#1606;&#1548; &#1583;&#1575;&#1606;&#1588;&#1705;&#1583;&#1607; &#1593;&#1604;&#1608;&#1605; &#1585;&#1601;&#1578;&#1575;&#1585;&#1740; &#1608; &#1587;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605;&#1578; &#1585;&#1608;&#1575;&#1606;*) is a professional center of education, research and practice of psychiatry and clinical psychology, founded in 1977 in Tehran. TPI, as a division of Iran University of Medical Sciences, is active in the fields of professional psychiatric training, education of clinical psychology at the levels of MA and PhD, as well as research in related topics and treatment of patients with mental illness. TPI is now the largest and best known educational center in the field of psychiatry and clinical psychology in Iran. The director of the TPI is Dr Jafar Bolhari, a professor of psychiatry who is also the director of Iranian Mental Health Research Network. TPI is also known as the Center of Excellence in psychiatry in Iran since 2001. The research activities in TPI has been mainly focused on the issue of mental health promotion. In 2002 the research division of the TPI developed into a research center named Mental Health Research Center.

Tehran Psychiatric Institute, Behavioral Sciences and Mental Health Facaulty (TPI) (Persian: &#1575;&#1606;&#1587;&#1578;&#1610;&#1578;&#1608; &#1585;&#1608;&#1575;&#1606;&#1662;&#1586;&#1588;&#1603;&#1610; &#1578;&#1607;&#1585;&#1575;&#1606;&#1548; &#1583;&#1575;&#1606;&#1588;&#1705;&#1583;&#1607; &#1593;&#1604;&#1608;&#1605; &#1585;&#1601;&#1578;&#1575;&#1585;&#1740; &#1608; &#1587;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605;&#1578; &#1585;&#1608;&#1575;&#1606;*) is a professional center of education, research and practice of psychiatry and clinical psychology, founded in 1977 in Tehran. TPI, as a division of Iran University of Medical Sciences, is active in the fields of professional psychiatric training, education of clinical psychology at the levels of MA and PhD, as well as research in related topics and treatment of patients with mental illness. TPI is now the largest and best known educational center in the field of psychiatry and clinical psychology in Iran. The director of the TPI is Dr Jafar Bolhari, a professor of psychiatry who is also the director of Iranian Mental Health Research Network. TPI is also known as the Center of Excellence in psychiatry in Iran since 2001. The research activities in TPI has been mainly focused on the issue of mental health promotion. In 2002 the research division of the TPI developed into a research center named Mental Health Research Center.

Sherri, are you paying attention?

Watch "Checkpoint - Jasiri X" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq6Y6LSjulU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

140205-jasiri-x.jpg

The weeklong trip by Jasiri X inspired his track “Checkpoint” (Accompanied by hard-hitting breakbeats, this track features the emcee detailing the types of persecution and harassment which Israeli soldiers inflict on Palestinians as a matter of routine. The track references Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and Nelson Mandela, the track urges listeners to support the Palestinian call for boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel.)

Amira Asad writes of an interview with Jasiri X and the Apartheid he witnessed in Palestine.

Here are excerpts of this interview:

Amira Asad: What did the delegation do while you were in Palestine?

Jasiri X: We had a Palestinian woman as our guide, and we went to different places and talked to people about the suffering they are experiencing due to the occupation. We went to East Jerusalem and talked to people in a neighborhood where they were doing forced evictions. We went to Bethlehem and saw the separation wall and talked to the community there [about] some of the things they were doing there that were affecting the ecosystem and the farmers.

We went to Hebron and that was one of the most intense days. We went to Ramallah, Nazareth and south Tel Aviv to see the African refugees.

AA: What made Hebron particularly intense?

JX: Well, it’s like a militarized city. There were members of our delegation that were approached by Israeli soldiers, asking us what our religion was. I guess that was the determining factor because we were outside of the Ibrahimi Mosque.

There was one place where there were settlers and Palestinians in close proximity, then you put in these soldiers and it got really, really intense.

As black people, who are walking down the street and soldiers are stopping us, it takes us to stop-and-frisk and policies we are coming from and experience a lot of the time in inner cities

On Fighting Apartheid, here is what Jasiri X had to say.

AA: As a hip-hop artist, what are you doing to fight Israeli apartheid?

JX: I try to use my means of expression that I have, which is hip-hop. It was interesting — because of how emotional and intense the trip was — my first thought wasn’t to do a song but it kind of just came. Someone made a joke like “yeah he’ll probably have a song and a video before we get back.” And I was like “naw” but then I started thinking like “well if I did do something, what would I do?”

So I had just happened to film these checkpoints because I had got into a habit of when there’s some type of interaction that could be dangerous we film the police. So when we go through these checkpoints and I see all these military soldiers and guns, I was just filming it for my own and our delegation’s safety.

So I made a song about it and leant my voice to the growing voices that say this is wrong and this is apartheid. This is immoral and it needs to stop. I was able to meet one of the members of DAM, a Palestinian hip-hop group, when I was over there and we also talked about possibly doing some stuff in the near future.

I take my message back to the hip-hop community and encourage other artists to stand up or take that to the media.

?This is apartheid?: rapper Jasiri X on visit to Palestine | The Electronic Intifada

No doubt but that Apartheid is practiced by Israel in Palestine, much like and reminiscent of Apartheid in South Africa.

Here is what prominent South Africans have had to say about the issue of Israel and Apartheid.

“I’ve been very deeply distressed in my visit to the Holy Land; it reminded me so much of what happened to us black people in South Africa. I have seen the humiliation of the Palestinians at checkpoints and roadblocks, suffering like us when young white police officers prevented us from moving about.”

“When I hear, ‘that used to be my home’, it is painfully similar to the treatment in South Africa when coloureds had no rights.”

– Archbishop Desmond Tutu

“… the fundamental cause of the conflict — lest anyone remains unclear. It stems from the Zionist world view — its belief in a perpetual anti-Semitism that requires that Jewish people around the world — a faith group — should have a national home of their own. The biblical narrative was evoked to proclaim Palestine as the promised land reserved exclusively for God’s ‘chosen people’ and their civilizing mission. It sounds all too familiar as a vision the Voortrekkers had in this country. It gives rise to racism, apartheid and a total onslaught on those who stand in your way, whether blacks or Arabs or red Indians. Many Jews do not agree with this Zionist world view, and declare that being anti-Zionism and critical of Israel does not equate with anti-semitism.”

– Speech given to the South African Parliament by Government Minister Ronnie Kasrils

Ronnie Kasrils' speech to S. African Parliament on 40th anniversary of occupation | The Electronic Intifada

“… Israel came to resemble more and more apartheid South Africa at its zenith – even surpassing its brutality, house demolitions, removal of communities, targeted assassinations, massacres, imprisonment and torture of its opponents, collective punishment and the aggression against neighbouring states.”

– Former South African Intelligence Minister Ronnie Kasrils from a speech at Israel Apartheid Week 2009.13

“But what is interesting is that every black South African that I’ve spoken to who has visited the Palestinian territory has been horrified and has said without hesitation that the system that applies in Palestine is worse.”

– Professor John Dugard, Former U.N. Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Occupied Palestine.

Hisham B. Sharabi Memorial Lecture: Apartheid and Occupation under International Law with John Dugard

“Apartheid Israel can be defeated, just as apartheid in South Africa was defeated.”

– Winnie Mandela

Apartheid Israel can be defeated, says Winnie - Politics | IOL News | IOL.co.za

“”When I come here and see the situation [in the Palestinian territories], I find that what is happening here is ten times worse than what I had experienced in South Africa. This is Apartheid.”

– Arun Ghandi

Inter Press Network: Friday, September 03, 2004

“The horrendous dehumanisation of Black South Africans during the erstwhile Apartheid years is a Sunday picnic, compared with what I saw and what I know is happening to the Palestinian people.”

– Willie Madisha, former head of the Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU)

“As someone who lived in apartheid South Africa and who has visited Palestine I say with confidence that Israel is an apartheid state. In fact, I believe that some of Israel’s actions make the actions of South Africa’s apartheid regime appear pale by comparison.”

– Willie Madisha, in a letter supporting CUPE Ontario’s resolution.

“I say with confidence that Israel is an Apartheid state. The trade union movement must move beyond resolutions, otherwise history will look back on us and spit on our graves.”

– Willie Madisha, at a trade union conference held in London, England.

PGFTU Account of recent events in Nablus

“Indeed, for those of us who lived under South African Apartheid and fought for liberation from it and everything that it represented, Palestine reflects in many ways the unfinished business of our own struggle.”

– Farid Esack, Writer, Visiting Professor at Harvard and Anti-apartheid Spokesperson.

?I come from Apartheid South Africa. Arriving in your land, the land of Palestine, the sense of deja vu is inescapable.? | Mondoweiss

“They support Zionism, a version of global racist domination and apartheid based on the doctrine that Jews are superior to Arabs and therefore have a right to oppress them and occupy their country.”

– Current COSATU President, Sidumo Dlamini.

Address By Sidumo Dlamini, To The International Strategy Workshop Towards The International Solidarity Conference Of COSATU

Here is a link to a documentary illustrating the similarities between Apartheid in South Africa and Israel/Palestine.

Watch Roadmap to Apartheid online | Free | Hulu

Apartheid in South Africa was defeated by popular resistance and BDS, and I am convinced Apartheid in Israel/Palestine shall be defeated in that same fashion.

Sherri hates it when her terrorist buddies are prevented from killing Jews.

Sherri, are you paying attention?
Oh yes, Sherri Mahmoud is watching this thread as we are speaking. However he doesn't get access to the asylum computer room until he takes his meds. No faking!

Who is Sherri even talking to, when she copy pastes her propaganda drivel?? She knows that we just laugh at her for being such a joke, and none of pro - Palestinian friends here are even backing her up lol.
What a fuckin loser !! :cool:

Forum List

Back