This country ranks No. 1 for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (its not America)

Enforce our anti-trust laws...We want competition right?
Rebuild our unions around the interest of the workers? Demand better pay and a larger portion of that pie.
Raise tariffs on all outsourcers to favor our businesses here at home.
Educate our children!!! Look at one of the top 5 educational systems on earth and adopt it.
Get them interested in science, tech and doing great things.

This is the road map to success. Rewarding the traitors that have stabbed us in the back is the last thing we should do.

Something similar to this is what we need.

There's a reason why FDR, LBJ, Kennedy and TR are our best presidents.

LBJ? He is consistently rated as one of the worst!

Then Navy has even stooped low enough to name a ship after him. It will probably be welded to the pier.
By who?
The aggregate rating of 19 presidential polls places LBJ as #10. The highest rating is #8 and the lowest rating is #18.
Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

Bizarro, how can LBJ be ranked No. 10 when he got you into the Vietnam War quagmire, I think that would be considered a disaster and a failure, so it's weird he'd be ranked No. 10.
Good Question. The people that pick the best and worst presidents look primary at long term impacts of presidential actions.

LBJ spearheaded legislation creating Medicare and Medicaid, expanding Social Security, making the food stamps program permanent and establishing Job Corps, the VISTA program, the federal work-study program, the Head Start program and Title I subsidies for poor school districts, and of course his crowning achievement the passage of the Civil Rights Act which ended segregation in America, and made discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin illegal.

What about Vietnam? First of all, LBJ did not start the Vietnam war. He inherited it but did LBJ make the right choice in Vietnam? To answer that question let's look at the choices. He could have done nothing and maintained the status quo or he could have accelerated the war. We all know he choose the latter. At that time, that was the most logically choice and the most difficult choice. It is what Kennedy would have done and what almost all of our military leaders recommended. Regardless of what choice, LBJ made, the war would have ended as it did because neither America nor South Vietnam had the commitment needed to win.

When looking back, LBJ's legislative triumphs have had a huge positive impact on future generations which far out weight the negative impact of his Vietnam decisions.

But that's YOUR CHOICE. Now, why shouldn't everyone else get a choice?

The vast majority of Americans are ill-equipped to actually make the CORRECT choice during elections. Yes, I said CORRECT. Therr are Right and Wrong choices in elections, and most Americans can't figure that out.

But that's YOUR CHOICE. Now, why shouldn't everyone else get a choice?

The vast majority of Americans are ill-equipped to actually make the CORRECT choice during elections. Yes, I said CORRECT. Therr are Right and Wrong choices in elections, and most Americans can't figure that out.

Sure they are. But the question is, are the Koch brothers well equipped to choose the right course for the majority of the people? The answer is no.

Democracy is the least worst form of government, if done right. The US isn't doing it right.

I just want to join other members in congratulating Norway for being No. 1.

It must be nice to live in a pleasant, harmonious democracy where everyone shares the same cultural values.

I hope that Norway tries to avoid the problems that have overtaken the nation with which it shares a border.

Sure they are. But the question is, are the Koch brothers well equipped to choose the right course for the majority of the people? The answer is no.

The Right course for the majority of Americans would be to drink Jim Jones' Kool Aid and rid us of their worthless selves. I have no love for the Koch brothers, but at least they have real skin in the game thst is American politics, unlike most American voters.

Democracy is the least worst form of government, if done right. The US isn't doing it right.

I have no real love or interest in Democracy or Republics. I'd be more thsn willing to live in a Dictatorship/Authoritarian society, so long as it was the right one. We've moved too far from the original idea of who gets a say in this country for any form of popular governance to work.

The Right course for the majority of Americans would be to drink Jim Jones' Kool Aid and rid us of their worthless selves. I have no love for the Koch brothers, but at least they have real skin in the game thst is American politics, unlike most American voters.

I have no real love or interest in Democracy or Republics. I'd be more thsn willing to live in a Dictatorship/Authoritarian society, so long as it was the right one. We've moved too far from the original idea of who gets a say in this country for any form of popular governance to work.

But then why are most Americans like this? Could it have something to do with the fact that the political system forces people to conform to one of two narrow minded views, rather than a political system which encourages debate?

But then why are most Americans like this? Could it have something to do with the fact that the political system forces people to conform to one of two narrow minded views, rather than a political system which encourages debate?

No. It's a out the complete and total lack of civics education in our schools. We've gone so far as to make most discussions about the Founders and their ideals about how "racist", "sexist" and horrible they were as people. Nothing about whst they believed in is actually taught.

Then you add in the fact thst most voters get their political ideology and affiliation fro. Their parents, who got it from theirs, who got it from whomever promised to help them when they first came to the country.

I make a big deal out of tracing my roots back to the Founding Generation because I believe a lot of their ideals, morals, and values have been lost. We've become a fine instrument thst cannot be tuned to play properly because the tool (Those ideals and vslues) to retune it has been lost.

No. It's a out the complete and total lack of civics education in our schools. We've gone so far as to make most discussions about the Founders and their ideals about how "racist", "sexist" and horrible they were as people. Nothing about whst they believed in is actually taught.

Then you add in the fact thst most voters get their political ideology and affiliation fro. Their parents, who got it from theirs, who got it from whomever promised to help them when they first came to the country.

I make a big deal out of tracing my roots back to the Founding Generation because I believe a lot of their ideals, morals, and values have been lost. We've become a fine instrument thst cannot be tuned to play properly because the tool (Those ideals and vslues) to retune it has been lost.

But this problem is one of partisan politics. Everyone is immersed in partisan politics that it spills over into education and everywhere. Until you get rid of the partisan politics, you will continue to see education and other areas suffer.

Looks like the kochs and adelsons get to pick our candidates and therefore influence them also. Small wonder that their wealth grows while many Americans struggle to keep their heads above water financially. And you see nothing wrong with that?

Looks like the kochs and adelsons get to pick our candidates and therefore influence them also. Small wonder that their wealth grows while many Americans struggle to keep their heads above water financially. And you see nothing wrong with that?

The poor are generally drowning because they tied rocks to their ankles before jumping in the deep end of the pool. Let them drown and improve the entire poolside by removing their loud cries and thrashing from the pool deck.

This country ranks No. 1 for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (its not America)
This country ranks No. 1 for ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness’ (it’s not America)
Norway ranked the No. 1 place for happiness and personal freedom, according to an analysis of three separate studies on life expectancy by the World Bank, on civil liberties from Freedom House, a New York-based nonprofit that conducts research on advocacy and democracy, on happiness from the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), a group linked to the United Nations, and on rule of law from the World Justice Project, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit.

The U.S. has seen its happiness slide happiness over the last decade. In 2007, it ranked No. 3 among the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development countries. Last year, it was 19th, down from 13th the year before. “The predominant political discourse in the United States is aimed at raising economic growth, with the goal of restoring the American Dream and the happiness that is supposed to accompany it. But the data show conclusively that this is the wrong approach,” the report concluded.

For those interviewed in the report, perception is reality. At least, as far as their happiness is concerned and, experts say, the divisive political climate likely hasn’t helped. “The United States can and should raise happiness by addressing America’s multi-faceted social crisis — rising inequality, corruption, isolation, and distrust — rather than focusing exclusively or even mainly on economic growth, especially since the concrete proposals along these lines would exacerbate rather than ameliorate the deepening social crisis,” the report said.

The U.S showed less social support, less sense of personal freedom, lower donations, and more perceived corruption of government and business, it said. “America’s crisis is, in short, a social crisis, not an economic crisis… Almost all of the policy discourse in Washington, D.C. centers on naïve attempts to raise the economic growth rate, as if a higher growth rate would somehow heal the deepening divisions and angst in American society. This kind of growth-only agenda is doubly wrong-headed.”

Social democracies lead the world!!! High political freedom, strong safetynet, educated population and high GDP per capita!

WTF does America have??? Low political freedom, weak safetynet that a certain party wants to do away with all together and to hell with the suffering poor, one of the lowest in education but the religious like it that way and a dropping GDP per capita.

America is becoming a second world country.

When do you plan to relocate?

Monocultures are always much happier places.

No really true. When people don't find they have anyone to attack internally, they'll attack people externally. Some "cultures" have governments that use such attacks to keep people happy more than others.

Visit the Top 10 Happiest Countries in the World

This one says Denmark is the happiest place on Earth. 13.1% of people in Denmark are immigrants. 64% of which are non-Western European.

Number 2 is Switzerland which has 4 national languages which are spoken in different areas of the country. 10% of people in Switzerland speak a foreign language natively. 2 million people are foreigners out of 8.5 million people.

Denmark, smaller than that city of New York. What race and color are the 13.1 you claim are immigrants?

Switzerland, smaller than the city of New York. What race and color are the percentages in Switzerland.

And yet they put far less people in prison than the US does. So.... where is the US getting its prisoners from?

These countries you adore, as I have show you before, have laxer laws, punishments and most of all FAR GREATER VIOLENT CRIME!

Myself I prefer a safer society and the criminals in prison.

You deal with issues and problems for areas the size of or smaller than an American City. Cities like Norway, Denmark, and Sweden all smaller in population than New York City. I think Denmark is smaller than LA.

So you fruitlessly attempt to compare their cities with a nation of 330 MILLION people. Why not grow up and try some adult size problems?

Forum List

Back