This cancel culture shit needs to stop. Netflix removes ALL movies with Johnny Depp in them.

Now I'm not here to cheerlead for Depp but WTF???
Disney is also recasting his role in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Reportedly to a female lead. Like wtf??? He IS Pirates of the Caribbean.

He beat Amber Heard in a court of law so whats the beef? Have I missed some new TMZ expose?

I do think the dude is definitely weird but weird is not a crime.
I don't think it has anything to do with cancel culture. Warner and Disney have started their own competing streaming platforms. Netflix's streaming distribution contract for Disney movies has expired.

Netflix is toast.
Netflix is far from toast. I donā€™t think you have the slightest understanding of their business model
And Disney doesn't own all of Depps flicks.
Heard played him like a fiddle and many in the entertainment industry are supporting her for it.

She is as toxic as they come.
She would be great. Bring it on
Fuckable & forgettable.

If that's your idea of great, so be it.
You sound like a real winner Gramps. I hope nobody speaks about your daughter that way
Yes, I can never speak my opinion of a woman because I have a daughter..... makes total sense.

Guess I'm fucked cause I have a father, grandson and brother too.

I will never speak of a human again

View attachment 434559
Perhaps you just show a little more respect. And recognize that she is somebodyā€™s daughter just as you have a daughter. Maybe you just speak about them the way you would want others to speak about your children itā€™s not a hard concept to understand
Bunch of judgemental SJW's here today. That's OK Gramps, Fuck em and forget em.
Judgemental?? Haha, ok buddy
I call like I see 'em. If you don't like being a judgemental SJW--quit acting like one.
How is what I said being judgmental?
It was pretty clear throughout this thread that you were judging GrampaMurked and you don't even recognize it. SMH.
I guess not. I was being pretty direct about his statements and how he was talking about a lady. Donā€™t remember judging him as a person. We all do shitty things. Iā€™m more guilty than most. Does that mean we canā€™t call it out when we see it?

Haha. Stupid standard? No itā€™s a great standard to live by, why do you think it a good and healthy thing for anybody to ever say a girl is fuckable and forgettable?! Maybe if you remembered she is somebodyā€™s daughter and then thought about another creepy old guy saying that about your daughter you would check yourself and not be such a scum bag. Itā€™s called having character... try it
Dudes don't need to trade daughters and rape the shit out of them like that.
I talk shit all the time but that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m right to do so. If somebody checks me on it then fine Iā€™ll own what I said and apologize. Hopefully do better in the future.
And I don't give a fuck what you own up to, either, because professional pimps and whoremongers are consummate liars and manipulators too... You and your kind of miserable God-forsaken lying rapist swine destroyed not only my life but my entire hometown and country as well, you miserable cocksucker piece of shit.

Disney is also recasting his role in the Pirates of the Caribbean. Reportedly to a female lead. Like wtf??? He IS Pirates of the Caribbean.

He beat Amber Heard in a court of law so whats the beef? Have I missed some new TMZ expose?

I mean didnā€™t he beat his wife? If so then I have no problem with him getting canceled
IMHO, the personal lives of celebrities are just that, personal. As we all know, the news media exaggerates and twists facts to make a good story. How much is true and how much is fiction is always debatable. When I go to a movie, play, or concert I go to be entertained. I really don't care about the entertainer's politics or morals.

In the same token if an everyday Joe breaks the law theyā€™re up shits creek

I don't think it has anything to do with cancel culture. Warner and Disney have started their own competing streaming platforms. Netflix's streaming distribution contract for Disney movies has expired.

Netflix is toast.
Netflix is far from toast. I donā€™t think you have the slightest understanding of their business model
And Disney doesn't own all of Depps flicks.
Heard played him like a fiddle and many in the entertainment industry are supporting her for it.

She is as toxic as they come.
She would be great. Bring it on
Fuckable & forgettable.

If that's your idea of great, so be it.
You sound like a real winner Gramps. I hope nobody speaks about your daughter that way
Yes, I can never speak my opinion of a woman because I have a daughter..... makes total sense.

Guess I'm fucked cause I have a father, grandson and brother too.

I will never speak of a human again

View attachment 434559
Perhaps you just show a little more respect. And recognize that she is somebodyā€™s daughter just as you have a daughter. Maybe you just speak about them the way you would want others to speak about your children itā€™s not a hard concept to understand
EVERYONE is someone's son or daughter. What a stupid fucking standard to go by.
You better not ever criticize ANYONE
Haha. Stupid standard? No itā€™s a great standard to live by, why do you think it a good and healthy thing for anybody to ever say a girl is fuckable and forgettable?! Maybe if you remembered she is somebodyā€™s daughter and then thought about another creepy old guy saying that about your daughter you would check yourself and not be such a scum bag. Itā€™s called having character... try it
Or you could stop trying to live my life for me?

If you've seen even half of the videos of her abusing Depp perhaps you would realize what a low life piece of trash she is.

No different than when a man does it. But you have your standards....just don't impose them on me.

PS. A fine looking piece of ass is a fine looking piece of ass
Iā€™m living my own life not trying to live yours but when I hear somebody speaking like a douchebag Iā€™m gonna call it out. You didnā€™t criticize her for abusing her husband you said she was fuckable and forgettable. You own that. You should be just fine with anybody else saying the same things about your kids. Care to post a photo of your daughter for us? Iā€™m sure plenty here would love to give you their opinions about how fuckable she is.
There is no doubt I can be and often am an asshole BUT this is the internet ya moron.
In the real world I would never disrespect someone's family. Hell, I don't even do that on here. I have defended Michelle Obama and her girls on too many occasions to count. But hey, you be you and jump to conclusions.
This woman (Amber) was all too eager to put her personal shit in the public eye so excuse the fuck out of me if I comment on it and her.

Now fuck off
Iā€™m glad you donā€™t speak this way in person. Iā€™m reacting to what Iā€™m seeing. It sounds like you know itā€™s inappropriate. So you could simply say yes Iā€™m being asshole and fucking around. Donā€™t defend it like itā€™s ok.
This is America--I went to SE Asia and got shot at defending his right to say whatever he wants to say. The first amendment is sacrosanct. If you don't like it, leave the thread otherwise fuck off. It is morons like you that are promoting the idea that the N word can be used without penalty if you are black, but your life goes in the shit hole if you utter it and you are white. Hypocrites.

Iā€™m living my own life not trying to live yours but when I hear somebody speaking like a douchebag Iā€™m gonna call it out. You didnā€™t criticize her for abusing her husband you said she was fuckable and forgettable. You own that.
Well... To be fair the whole reason he's saying that is because that way is because of what she's done to others. Obviously, and mainly, Depp himself.

While his opinion of her may not be worth merit to you, her actions should at least be something that don't condone with "character" being on the line.

Again... Hate makes people stupid. Tend to say stupid things. And she's making it pretty easy to hate her.

Yep, Hollywierd hasn't put anything out that has been worth watching in over 20 years. They forgot that their one goal in life is to entertain. HBO stepped on their junk when they tried to pull the same "Roseanne" BS and recanted. ABC/Disney as well. I cancelled Netflix and HBO a long time ago and I am about to dump all of the MSM/local stations. They lie nightly on the news and I'm not going to pay for it. Print media has gone the same way--HaHaHa and they whine daily about supporting local news. Give me some objective news and I and many others will support it. Otherwise they can roll in their own shit.
There are still good shows to be found. You just have to wander through all the weeds to find them.

I definitely don't like that Hollywood seems to be out of new ideas but then you have to consider that they've been making movies for 100 years and there are only so many tales to tell and only so many ways you can rewrite them.

I know!!! What the hell is it with these constant "remakes" and then the part 2, part 3, etc crap? Nothing original anymore. Nothing unless you look at the smaller venues like what is showcased at Sundance.
The only Part 2 movie I've ever seen that was better than the first was Aliens.

Yep, Hollywierd hasn't put anything out that has been worth watching in over 20 years. They forgot that their one goal in life is to entertain. HBO stepped on their junk when they tried to pull the same "Roseanne" BS and recanted. ABC/Disney as well. I cancelled Netflix and HBO a long time ago and I am about to dump all of the MSM/local stations. They lie nightly on the news and I'm not going to pay for it. Print media has gone the same way--HaHaHa and they whine daily about supporting local news. Give me some objective news and I and many others will support it. Otherwise they can roll in their own shit.
There are still good shows to be found. You just have to wander through all the weeds to find them.

I definitely don't like that Hollywood seems to be out of new ideas but then you have to consider that they've been making movies for 100 years and there are only so many tales to tell and only so many ways you can rewrite them.

I know!!! What the hell is it with these constant "remakes" and then the part 2, part 3, etc crap? Nothing original anymore. Nothing unless you look at the smaller venues like what is showcased at Sundance.
Blasphemy

Blasphemy
You didn't like Aliens?

Donā€™t get your panties in a wad gramps you can still watch Depp flix on the net

Depp has had some excellent movies. I like the smaller, more intellectual ones he does a lot. I hope they are not cancelling these, or any.

I just read that there is a move on in the Cancel Culture to ban teaching of the Odyssey. And that one school in Massachusetts did ban it. I know the Odyssey pretty well; does anyone know WHY they want to ban the Odyssey? I just can't think what is objectionable to the Left.

Last edited:
Leslie Neilson. Just masters of their craft.

Leslie Nielson ... the ORIGINAL (and better) Captain Kirk.

View attachment 434512

Yeah, Forbidden Planet. That was great. We still rewatch it occasionally. The monster is terrifying. Scifi movies ever since have borrowed from it extensively. That part where they walk across a wide beam to endless depths below became a staple scene in Star Wars.

If you were young enough I would recommend you PLAY Alien Isolation.

That video game is better than all the alien sequels after 2. Honestly it is an incredible experience as it fits PERFECTLY between 1 & 2. You play Ripleys daughter trying to figure out what happened to her mother.

Oh and in the DLC you get to play Ripley from the final moments of the first movie. Great stuff

And it is playable in VR if you are keen on shitting your pants

Last edited:
As lousy as it is to beat your wife, it has nothing to do with his acting roles.
The people who say this are the first to say they won't watch a Roman Polanski movie because of his outstanding rape case, or won't watch a Woody Allen movie because his deranged ex-girlfriend made up a vindictive accusation, or won't watch a Mel Gibson movie because he hit his wife and is a closet anti-Semitic, or won't watch an Alec Baldwin movie because he yelled at his daughter in a voicemail.

People's individual, voluntary decisions are not the problem!! It's depriving everyone everywhere of certain books, movies, games, histories, statues, everything because they want to CONTROL what people can access and think about.
I quickly watched the Naked Gun comedies before the O.J. Simpson trial because I knew I would never want to see them again --- and I haven't, either. But I wouldn't outlaw them! That is the same as book-burning.

That video game is better than all the alien sequels after 2. Honestly it is an incredible experience as it fits PERFECTLY between 1 & 2. You play Ripleys daughter trying to figure out what happened to her mother.

Alien was movie #1. #2 was Aliens. It was better than the first one, and that's all I've got to say on the subject.

Alien was movie #1. #2 was Aliens. It was better than the first one, and that's all I've got to say on the subject.

I'm well aware of what each movie was lol. The first was ground breaking for SciFi

As lousy as it is to beat your wife, it has nothing to do with his acting roles.
The people who say this are the first to say they won't watch a Roman Polanski movie because of his outstanding rape case, or won't watch a Woody Allen movie because his deranged ex-girlfriend made up a vindictive accusation, or won't watch a Mel Gibson movie because he hit his wife and is a closet anti-Semitic, or won't watch an Alec Baldwin movie because he yelled at his daughter in a voicemail.

People's individual, voluntary decisions are not the problem!! It's depriving everyone everywhere of certain books, movies, games, histories, statues, everything because they want to CONTROL what people can access and think about.
I quickly watched the Naked Gun comedies before the O.J. Simpson trial because I knew I would never want to see them again --- and I haven't, either. But I wouldn't outlaw them! That is the same as book-burning.
Fortunately, like book banning, Netflix is only one movie site. Libraries in various communities ban books all the time, but it's just that library. You can still buy it at the book store or drive to the next town's library.

Oh and in the DLC you get to play Ripley from the final moments of the first movie. Great stuff

Thank you very much!! I checked my video game collection and found I had already bought Alien Isolation in 2017, never played it. I love the Alien movies. (Yeah, No. 2 is the best, but No. 1 is also great: a haunted house movie in space, I've heard it described as.) I'm replaying the Ezios now while waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to work. . . . . . could be a long wait! Their last game out for Xmas (Witcher 3) took till MAY to be playable. And I hated it.
So I can try Alien Isolation in the meantime.

I mean didnā€™t he beat his wife? If so then I have no problem with him getting canceled
His wife beat him!

Thank you very much!! I checked my video game collection and found I had already bought Alien Isolation in 2017, never played it. I love the Alien movies. (Yeah, No. 2 is the best, but No. 1 is also great: a haunted house movie in space, I've heard it described as.) I'm replaying the Ezios now while waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to work. . . . . . could be a long wait! Their last game out for Xmas (Witcher 3) took till MAY to be playable. And I hated it.
So I can try Alien Isolation in the meantime.

Alien Isolation is one of my all time favorite games. I have about 80 hours in the game in and out of VR.

And yeah, Cyberpunk is a mess. Waiting a few months on patches myself.

Donā€™t get your panties in a wad gramps you can still watch Depp flix on the net

Depp has had some excellent movies. I like the smaller, more intellectual ones he does a lot. I hope they are not cancelling these, or any.

I just read that there is a move on in the Cancel Culture to ban teaching of the Odyssey. And that one school in Massachusetts did ban it. I know the Odyssey pretty well; does anyone know WHY they want to ban the Odyssey? I just can't think what is objectionable to the Left.
God, I hate when they do that.

Their ethos holds that children shouldnā€™t have to read stories written in anything other than the present-day vernacularā€”especially those "in which racism, sexism, ableism, anti-Semitism, and other forms of hate are the norm

Forum List

Back