This actually happened to me LAST NIGHT.

We don't have earthquakes here in Michigan either...but one morning when i was getting ready for work i heard a vibration. We have a cabinet with sliding glass doors and the doors were vibrating! I checked all over to find what was causing it, then it was over. About 1/2 hr later i heard there was an earthquake in Indiana that could be felt all the way into SW Michigan.

Yeah, but as far as Libs go, Jillian ain't so bad...

As to your "vibrations," I don't go in for the whole paranormal thing, so any explanation I might have would be grounded in the normal...

Was tha cat, perhaps, scratching itself while leaning against the bed frame?

At first, I thought the cat was on the bed, usually at the foot of the bed, but the vibrations went on longer than a cat would scratch. When I looked, he was not there.

Cats are common interdimensional shifters.

late one night: bonez and hubby are asleep when suddenly both are awoken by the slamming of something in the basement...after minutes of debate about who was going to check it out...both decide to go back to sleep.....when the noise occurs again, louder and more noise.....hubby goes to investigate....cannot find a source for the loud banging noise...bonez aint happy.....weeks later...hubby is in basement when a cat jumps from a ceiling rafter onto a lumber rack.....banging the boards together loudly....

I think there is always an explanation...a nonparanormal explanation...for these things. Just because you don't ever discover that explanation doesn't mean it doesn't exist and that the experience was paranormal.

At first, I thought the cat was on the bed, usually at the foot of the bed, but the vibrations went on longer than a cat would scratch. When I looked, he was not there.

late one night: bonez and hubby are asleep when suddenly both are awoken by the slamming of something in the basement...after minutes of debate about who was going to check it out...both decide to go back to sleep.....when the noise occurs again, louder and more noise.....hubby goes to investigate....cannot find a source for the loud banging noise...bonez aint happy.....weeks later...hubby is in basement when a cat jumps from a ceiling rafter onto a lumber rack.....banging the boards together loudly....

Just like that...there is almost always a simple explanation, whether you ever find out what it is, or not.

the paranormal is nothing to mock. i used to be a skeptic ,didn't believe that it was real......like i said i used to be a skeptic...:eusa_eh:

I remain a skeptic. there are logical explanations based on real things for everything. And i believe there is a logical explanation for the phenomina that I experienced. I have a theory that I will share shortly.

We don't have earthquakes here in Michigan either...but one morning when i was getting ready for work i heard a vibration. We have a cabinet with sliding glass doors and the doors were vibrating! I checked all over to find what was causing it, then it was over. About 1/2 hr later i heard there was an earthquake in Indiana that could be felt all the way into SW Michigan.

I live in California for 8 years as a kid. i vividly remember what an earthquake feels like. This was not an earthquake.

Excellent.

This is a fine example of my point. Imagine if hubby had not witnessed that. You would still not have an answer. Some people would conclude that you had a haunting. Especially if it continued and you weren't lucky enough to witness it.

The example in the OP is just such an instance. I have not had a recurrance of the vibration, and I have no proof of my theory, but it is all I have and being a skeptic, I won't call it anything paranormal.

I promise, i'm not making this up.

Last night, Saturday, January 12th, I was just about totally asleep. My wife, who didn't have to work today (Sunday) had just come to bed and was also almost asleep.

I am awakened by a vibration. Not rapid enough to be like a vibrating bed (anyone remember those?), but more like I thought that my cat was on the bed scratching it'self, but the vibrating didn't stop. I knew that my wife was probably still somewhat awake so i asked her; "Are you wiggling?".

"No, why?"
"Don't you feel that?"
"What?"
"That vibration."
"Yeah, I do feel it now! What is it? Should we leave the house?"
"No, it's not an earthquake." (We live in Florida and we don't have them here.)

There's more, but what do YOU think?

It wasn't a sink hole (I hope), there was no truck going by, none of our kids was doing it, no one was playing a joke, the cat was on the floor of the bedroom asleep until our conversation woke him, the entire house was quiet, I felt it, my wife felt it, and we don't have a vibrating bed?

What do you think?

Where were your/her hands at the time?

Yeah, but as far as Libs go, Jillian ain't so bad...

As to your "vibrations," I don't go in for the whole paranormal thing, so any explanation I might have would be grounded in the normal...

Was tha cat, perhaps, scratching itself while leaning against the bed frame?

Sometimes washing machines become so unbalanced in the spin cycle that they vibrate interdimensionly.

Ok, apparently the usual Paranormal proponents are on an extended vacation or don't want to get into this. I'll not wait for them further.

Here's my hypothesis on what was causing the vibrations.

It has to do with harmonics. The headboard on our bed is tall. I have noticed in the past that it will wobble slightly when I'm in bed and still for a short time. My heartbeat causes the bed to shake at the same rate as my heart. However, the vibrations I felt that night were faster than my heart rate. My theory is that the two heart beats, my wife's and mine, were beating at just the right rate, and for just the right amount of time to blend together and cause the headboard to vibrate.

I of course have zero proof of this. The thing is that when I changed position in bed, it stopped the vibration. The movement probably broke up the harmonics and changed the rhythm of my heart rate. The odds of my wife, who weighs 130 pounds and I, who weighs 225 pounds, ever having a heart rate that could cause that again must be huge against. This phenomena has never happened before or since.

My point here is that just because you don't know the reason for experiencing a thing, doesn't mean that there isn't a logical explanation for it. One that is based in real science, and real life instead of the paranormal.

Forum List

Back