Thieves make off with 20 freight containers at Mexican port

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Thieves broke into a freight storage area at the Pacific coast seaport of Manzanillo and stole 20 freight containers loaded with partly refined gold and silver ore and television sets, the Mexican Employers Federation said Monday.

Jose Medina Mora, president of the federation, said the large-scale robbery was a sign of rising crime in Mexico.

"There is a growing lack of safety, and this is a sign of what is happening in the country and it requires that authorities take action," Medina Mora said.

Growing? I would say Mexico has surpassed that.

The Chinese get around U.S. tariffs by shipping it via Mexico. The Mexican govt., including the 'police', then 'steal' it and fence it to their own people or in the U.S.

Last time my mother and aunt went to visit friends in Guadalajara they sat on the balcony having lunch at their friends house and watched as the police looted a neighbor's house. They don't even bother to wear civilian clothes when they steal stuff. MAny of thenm drive around in SUVs stolen in the U.S.

This is why DEmocrats want so many of them here.

Thieves broke into a freight storage area at the Pacific coast seaport of Manzanillo and stole 20 freight containers loaded with partly refined gold and silver ore and television sets, the Mexican Employers Federation said Monday.

Jose Medina Mora, president of the federation, said the large-scale robbery was a sign of rising crime in Mexico.

"There is a growing lack of safety, and this is a sign of what is happening in the country and it requires that authorities take action," Medina Mora said.

Growing? I would say Mexico has surpassed that.

"Rising" crime? :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back