They're addmitting it's true, they just don't care it's true and he lied

you can come decades later and say it, but there are statutes of limitation that prevents anything legal, coming from it, even if true....and expect to be bashed and lied about and gone over like a fine tooth comb, if you do, and maybe lose your own job and career.
Thats true. But shouldn't the time span between the act and the public complaint bear some weight in the discussion? Don't you find it a bit strange that this comes up only when he is mentioned as a nominee to the US Supreme Court?

Kavanaugh has lied about his handling of stolen Democratic documents, in his past hearing for the Appellate court... which came to light in this hearing with document releases.... he's opined the President should be King... and other things that I totally disagree with him and oppose him for those reason... no one needed this woman to come forward.
Noted.

But immaterial to this thread.

What you have missed is that most women that have been abused or sexually assaulted when they were 15 years old or any age, DO NOT COME FORWARD, for decades... women and girls are taught or were self taught, to man up, and keep their mouths shut, if they want to make it, in this man's world....

The me too movement shows that it takes decades for people who have been abused or sexually harrassed, to stand up and fight for themselves...
The Me too movement also shows that a lot of women are happy to jump in the sack with powerful men as long as there is something in it for them. The latest tape to surface of that pig Weinstein and Melissa Thompson (I think that was her name) shows her flirting with him and letting his advances continue. Her pleading victim, to me, is laughable.

Sadly, I think is what has happened in many of these cases. All's great between the parties until these guys move on to the next pair of legs. Then the forgotten women play the victim card.

Is/was there abuse? Sure. I'm glad these men are suffering whatever pain and indignity they suffer. But really, if you're going to bring up "me too" where women were keeping their mouth shut to make it in a man's world that's great. I agree. But what influence did Kav exercise that would have kept this woman silent? Harvey Weinstein could make it to where you don't get jobs. Matt Lauer could reduce you to a nobody at NBC. Larry Nasser (sp?) could tell the coach that you're not up to practicing in his medical opinion. Kav? What was he going to do--especially as a high school student?

same with kids abused by pedophile priests...
I see what you're saying and the point you're trying to make. Powerful _________ takes advantage of weak ________. But those are kids you're talking about here vs. respected men of the cloth. Not the case in Hollywood or Kav.

I'm just answering one part of this post, which was well thought out, coherent and hyperbole free. Something that is both rare and refreshing on USMB and as such should be mentioned and applauded.
But what influence did Kav exercise that would have kept this woman silent?
I want to interject that maybe the motive is not so much influence as it could be simply a sense of belated justice.Think of it from the alleged victims side ( I say alleged because I don't know, neither do I suspect to know the truth of the matter). If I would be the victim of sexual assault and decades later the perpetrator of that assault would be up for a place on the supreme court. Would a sense of injustice not be sufficient motive to speak out? Knowing full well the consequences of coming out now?

The assault never happened. Those who pretend her story is credible are scumbags.

Here's another version of the same Op-Ed that is everywhere...

Is Brett Kavanaugh a nice guy? That's irrelevant. So is alleged sexual assault as a teen.

Paraphrasing -- he did it. He lied about it. We knew about it. We don't care we want our judge.

Situational ethics.

B61387E5-ED95-460F-983A-3064CF41C735.jpeg

They never have. No one ever has. Only the modern, cunty righties would do such a dastardly thing.
both parties are dastardly *****. Too bad you aren’t smart to know this most obvious fact.

It certainly must appear that way to a Fox viewer.

There is no equivalency. It is always the Republicans who's cuntery move the goalposts into unprecidented areas.
Partisans are just so dumb. If only they would go away and stop dividing the nation. Then we could unite and get rid of this criminal government.

Sure, tell us some more about why only the Republicans should control the SCOTUS appointments, fool.
Never said that dumbass. Did you learn your debate skills from Big Ears?

Sure you did. You supported the denial of Obama's appointment before the election.
You later said the Senate actually decides and not the President.

By your logic then, we should definately wait until after the election since there is a high liklihood that the Senate will flip. We should stick to the new rules set by Mcconnell. The American people should decide.

You had no problems with locking the Dems out of the entire process and you talk about partisans?

both parties are dastardly *****. Too bad you aren’t smart to know this most obvious fact.

It certainly must appear that way to a Fox viewer.

There is no equivalency. It is always the Republicans who's cuntery move the goalposts into unprecidented areas.
Partisans are just so dumb. If only they would go away and stop dividing the nation. Then we could unite and get rid of this criminal government.

Sure, tell us some more about why only the Republicans should control the SCOTUS appointments, fool.

Sure you did. You supported the denial of Obama's appointment before the election.
You later said the Senate actually decides and not the President.

By your logic then, we should definately wait until after the election since there is a high liklihood that the Senate will flip. We should stick to the new rules set by Mcconnell. The American people should decide.

You had no problems with locking the Dems out of the entire process and you talk about partisans?
The senate does decide silly boy.

I recognize that the Ds have treated R nominees much worse than Rs have treated D nominees.

McConnell had no way of knowing the crazed warmonger in a pantsuit would lose, when he refused BO. Had Cankles won you would have gotten another radical leftyin the mold of Ginsberg on the court, with lots of R votes.

Ginsberg got lots of R votes, yet she clearly is a hardcore leftist from the ACLU.

Is Brett Kavanaugh a nice guy? That's irrelevant. So is alleged sexual assault as a teen.

Paraphrasing -- he did it. He lied about it. We knew about it. We don't care we want our judge.

Situational ethics.

C'mon man, it was 1983 and apparently the "attack" was so serious that there was no police investigation, police report, no authorities were called to investigate....nothing.

Show me where the victim was legitimately in fear of her life and took the standard and customary steps of calling the authorities, and I'll change my mind in a moment about this. But really....what's next? He jaywalked in 1985, stiffed a waitress on her tip in 1989...downloaded music from Napster in 1990 and scalped tickets to the Red Sox/Yankees playoff game?

I'm all for examining the man's record. The full professional record should be under scrutiny--something that the Republicans are hiding by the way. He may have committed some form of violence against this person; he may not have. But unless you report it; you can't play the card 35 years later and say it happened. I'll use the example again; if we got into a fist fight today and I don't call the police to investigate it or the College Dean or our supervisor at work (if it happened at work)...I cannot come back in the year 2053 and say you assaulted me, can I?
And this is an example of the ignorance and acceptance of sexual assault that results in women refraining reporting being attacked.

How long ago a sexual assault occurred and whether it was reported to the authorities or not in no manner mitigates or undermines the legitimacy and severity of the attack, and it does not absolve the attacker of being responsible for the attack, or suffering the consequences of his actions.

lets dig into the background and sexual activities of all of our elected representatives and if there is even a murmur of misconduct no matter how long ago we should fire them and have them persecuted no matter how unfounded the allegation. There wouldn't be a representative left in Washington the statehouses or local govt ! Yeah lets do that !

Situational ethics.
The accuser is a proven flaming Trump-hating, puss hat-wearing, women's march participating democratic party donor and activist whose family hates Kacanaugh because his mother presided over their foreclosure...and the witness she claims was not only there when it happened but broke it up has said IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Feinstein supposedly held onto this for months, releasing it only at the most politically separate and opportune time, proving she dies not give a damn about women or the 'victim'.

64 meetings were held during that time, and Feinstein never brought this up.

It's 'Herman Cain' all over again.

The Democrats are desperate, vile, immoral, and unethical - this is the type behavior that caused them to lose the House, the Senate, and the WH.

my bet is Feinstein believed just raising the issue would make Reps run for cover. It's also my bet this lefty political activist with an axe to grind for mommy never shows up in Washington. Dems hoped they could derail K just by making the accuser known only problem he doesn't know her and didn't know her in 1980 or whenever

lets dig into the background and sexual activities of all of our elected representatives and if there is even a murmur of misconduct no matter how long ago we should fire them and have them persecuted no matter how unfounded the allegation. There wouldn't be a representative left in Washington the statehouses or local govt ! Yeah lets do that !

If this claim goes unfounded, there never was any will to find anything in the first place.

As reckless as you believe this allegation is, it would be equally reckless to ignore it.

The only solution is to properly investigate the claim and go from there.

If this claim goes unfounded, there never was any will to find anything in the first place.

As reckless as you believe this allegation is, it would be equally reckless to ignore it.

The only solution is to properly investigate the claim and go from there.
Wrong. Ignoring it is perfectly acceptable. It deserves to be ignored. Feinstein deserves to be strung up by her pussy lips.

So if you follow along...

It didn't happen

But if it did...it was just a childish prank

Oh...

No side has a monopoly on hypocrisy.

Dems spent so much time and effort apologizing for Bill "Boogie Nights" Clinton that they can't say shit about rape. They knew he did it and wanted him anyway.

Fuck all of you worthless hypocrites.
Actually, the Democrats do have a monopoly on hypocrisy. Whenever they invoke the crime of "whataboutism," they are admitting they are hypocrites. They admit they don't care what their side has done, only what Republicans have done.

Dims are fucking scum.

They had to invent "whataboutism" because they know whenever it's invoked, they lose. That's what they do, like children on a second grade playground. Establish rules and they establish NEW rules when they start losing.

My contempt just hardens further, really, and I don't like saying that. But Dems, you really should stand up when your people employ these rotten dirty tricks. HIGH SCHOOL. Really?
Rotten dirty tricks, like congress flat out refusing to meet with a SCOTUS nominee? Changing the rules, like getting rid of filibuster in order to get a SCOTUS nominee confirmed? Whataboutism or "appeal to hypocrisy" like it is actually called is a logical fallacy used by both sides, or even all humans. Just come on this board when Trump has one of his many scandals. If the right comments on them, just see how many use,"what about Hillary" or " what about Obama".

Rotten dirty tricks? Like using the nuclear option when you are SURE your party will be in control? Those tricks?

Mark

Situational ethics.

C'mon man, it was 1983 and apparently the "attack" was so serious that there was no police investigation, police report, no authorities were called to investigate....nothing.

Show me where the victim was legitimately in fear of her life and took the standard and customary steps of calling the authorities, and I'll change my mind in a moment about this. But really....what's next? He jaywalked in 1985, stiffed a waitress on her tip in 1989...downloaded music from Napster in 1990 and scalped tickets to the Red Sox/Yankees playoff game?

I'm all for examining the man's record. The full professional record should be under scrutiny--something that the Republicans are hiding by the way. He may have committed some form of violence against this person; he may not have. But unless you report it; you can't play the card 35 years later and say it happened. I'll use the example again; if we got into a fist fight today and I don't call the police to investigate it or the College Dean or our supervisor at work (if it happened at work)...I cannot come back in the year 2053 and say you assaulted me, can I?
And this is an example of the ignorance and acceptance of sexual assault that results in women refraining reporting being attacked.

How long ago a sexual assault occurred and whether it was reported to the authorities or not in no manner mitigates or undermines the legitimacy and severity of the attack, and it does not absolve the attacker of being responsible for the attack, or suffering the consequences of his actions.

So we should convict a man with no evidence and no actual police investigation or even a report by the “victim”.

Kavanaugh is the victim here.

I'm not sure anyone's convicting him. They want to investigate further.
Bullshit. The left want him to be withdrawn on charges that cannot be proven.

Well, he's entering politics.

Trump shouted "lock her up" about Hillary, she's not been convicted. You didn't have a problem then.

So we should convict a man with no evidence and no actual police investigation or even a report by the “victim”.

Trump shouted "lock her up" about Hillary, she's not been convicted. You didn't have a problem then.

Great point. The right wing has no problem suspending due process whenever it suits them.

Great point. The right wing has no problem suspending due process whenever it suits them.

Neither does the left as we have seen. BTW how is Keith Ellison these days, and a police report was filed by his accuser. But then again he is a left wing dem so he gets a pass. The left can go screw its self.

The difference is Hillary has a long track record of corruption and breaking the law when it suits her. Being a corrupt Dem so high up has its perks, namely no one has the balls to prosecute them.

The difference is Hillary has a long track record of corruption and breaking the law when it suits her. Being a corrupt Dem so high up has its perks, namely no one has the balls to prosecute them.

But she hasn't been convicted of it.

So, you have a problem. You just BELIEVE she's guilty.

Republicans also have a history of corruption.

Anita Hill, told the TRUTH about Clarence Thomas, and the near all Male senators voted yes, to put him on the Supreme Court.... only 2 women senators existed in the Senate! The next election, 4 more women were elected, that gave them 6 spots out of 100 in the Senate.... and now there is 30 some women out of 100.....in the Senate

It's slow moving, but eventually women Senators will be even split with men.... probably not in my lifetime though...

An Hillary will be president right?

Forum List

Back